How to make a unit branch into one promotion?

So, I’m making a silly little hack of FEBuilder, and I thought I had everything down in terms of promotions and how those would work. And, I was wrong! I replaced Amelia, and when she auto-promoted, she should have only had one option, which is promoting into cavalier. On the unit palette menu, it showed that as the only option. Once I gave her a master seal, though, she had two options. Another character, they should have had three options, but bur they only had two, and one of them that I changed wasn’t there! Where are you supposed to change that?

I believe you just need to remove the knight promotion and leave only the cavalier option in the “Promotion Branches” menu.

Ignore the third slot in this image, I’m using the patch for 3 promotions in my hack.

Didn’t even know that menu existed. Thank you, I’ll try it and see if that works.

1 Like

So 1, this menu doesn’t affect that, right?
And 2, how am I supposed to make more slots for these specific class combinations? It doesn’t seem like the data expansion button’s on there.

This menu only allows you to set palettes for the characters in case they use a specific class.

Expanding class data without using the expanded modular save patch is dangerous. Check out my tutorial on this subject.

Ok, interesting, that should probably work. Now, finally, am I able to copy pre-existing classes into those new slots? For example, I have a fighter, and the vanilla version is what I want. Can I copy and paste the data over one of the new class slots I made in order to keep all that info and not have to do all the animations and stats stuff over again? I’m trying to have the promotions like that picture up there. (I hope this makes sense)

To be entirely clear, the labels there solely refer to vanilla convention. It entirely does not matter what class you put where in the palette editor. You can put an unpromoted class in the slot labeled “Promoted Class 3” and it will work fine.