How to insert NMM2CSV edits with buildfiles?

I’ve been following this tutorial and I hit a roadblock. In the nightmare modules section, after running C2EA.exe I’m supposed to get a file called Table Installer.txt, but instead I get one called Table Installer.event. Including it in the ROM Buildfile and running MAKE HACK.cmd gives me an error (File: ROM Buildfile.txt, Line: 2: File Table installer.event not found.) and the changes aren’t applied.

The ending doesn’t really matter; they’re just used to determine what program you want to use to open the file (I think, correct me if I’m wrong). Basically, a .event file is a text file that you open with a text editor of your choice (Notepad++, Sublime, whatever).
The error means, obviously, it can’t find a file with that name. Here are 2 things to check

1. Did you spell the file name correctly? If there are spaces in the file name, did you put quotation marks around the path (ie, #include “Table Installer.event” rather than #include Table Installer.event (the fact that error says Table Installer.event leads me to believe that this is correct, but I’m just double checking)).
  2. Is the path correct? If your buildfile is in folder Root and the table installer is in Root/Tables, then #include “Table Installer.event” won’t work. You’d have to do #include “Tables/Table Installer.event”.

Thanks, it was indeed a path issue. But now there’s another error:

[details=I didn’t even use the item editor…]Finished.
359 errors encountered:
File FE8 Item Editor.event, Line 5, Column 1: Code WORD’s offset $809B41 is not divisible by 4
File FE8 Item Editor.event, Line 5, Column 1: Code SHORT’s offset $809B4F is not divisible by 2
File FE8 Item Editor.event, Line 6, Column 1: Code SHORT’s offset $809B59 is not divisible by 2
File FE8 Item Editor.event, Line 6, Column 1: Code WORD’s offset $809B66 is not divisible by 4
File FE8 Item Editor.event, Line 7, Column 1: Code WORD’s offset $809B8B is not divisible by 4

File FE8 Item Editor.event, Line 205, Column 1: Code SHORT’s offset $80B837 is not divisible by 2
File FE8 Item Editor.event, Line 206, Column 1: Code SHORT’s offset $80B841 is not divisible by 2
File FE8 Item Editor.event, Line 206, Column 1: Code WORD’s offset $80B84E is not divisible by 4
File FE8 Item Editor.event, Line 207, Column 1: Code WORD’s offset $80B873 is not divisible by 4
File FE8 Item Editor.event, Line 207, Column 1: Code SHORT’s offset $80B881 is not divisible by 2
File FE8 Item Editor.event, Line 208, Column 1: Code SHORT’s offset $80B88B is not divisible by 2
File FE8 Item Editor.event, Line 209, Column 1: Code WORD’s offset $80B8BD is not divisible by 4
File FE8 Item Editor.event, Line 209, Column 1: Code SHORT’s offset $80B8CB is not divisible by 2

No data written to output.[/details]

Does it matter that I grabbed the modules from FEShrine?

Yes, the original item editor module is wrong and won’t work with c2ea.
You can get pre-ripped ones here. By pre-ripped, I mean you don’t need to run n2c. Just make the changes in the csv, save, and run c2ea.
A tip: Copy the .csv (and any related files, such as the module and definitions, if any) into your project folder. Only bring in the ones that you’re actually changing. Otherwise, EA is going to insert a bunch of tables that you’re most likely not going to modify, which adds a not-insignificant amount of time to the compiling process.

Got it. Thanks.