Hey fellow's!

I didn’t spend 7 hours contemplating whether to post this or not… nope, definitely not. I don’t know why I’m so nervous!! Aw well… here goes!

Hello, my name’s @Dooderguy and, like most of you, I play Fire Emblem… like a lot!

As of writing this introduction, I have played (not completed) every FE aside from BSFE, Revelations, TMS, and Engage, along with many hacks! I have only completed FE4, FE7-FE9, Awakening, and Fates BR and CQ; although I am close to finishing FE5 and RD, I just haven’t had the time lately to go back to them.

I am currently working on a ROM hack, and although it’s still in the early stages, here are a few things about it:

• It is set in a very dark world, with an equally dark story spanning multiple parts, in which they will be focused on individual characters instead of your generic evil empire is evil plot :yawning_face:

• Predominant Capture! For story integration but also because it’s an underutilized mechanic in hacks.

• No Weapon Triangle!

• Rebalanced Weapons and Classes, things like 2-3 ranged bows and Soldiers being more than fodder.

• Levels don’t reset upon promotion, being capped at 30. Stat caps are also 30 across the board, with Luck being the exception, capped at 40.

• Choices that matter, with the addition of bonus objectives throughout each chapter.

But enough about that (I’ll make a topic detailing the hack when I find the time!), let me talk a bit about myself!

I don’t know if I should use my real name here, but I suppose Dooder (or Dood lol) will suffice!

I’m an aspiring story writer and game designer, while also dabbling in music creation lately, mainly for the hack. I’m typically a pretty shy, sometimes awkward person, but I try to be as forward as I can. I’ve never been the one to reach out and ask for help. I’ve always found it easier to do things on my own.

Although I am an avid thinker, next to none of my ideas ever really leave my head, whether that’s due to indecision on my part, or an unwillingness to present them. I try to write as many of these ideas down as I can, but most of them are lost to the winds so to speak.

By joining this lovely community, I hope to improve on all of this, and who knows, I might make a few friends along the way!

My favorite color is purple, i like ducks, and I don’t eat… ever. I also have a terrible memory and I can’t see very well since I need glasses.

P.S. I’m also an asthmatic! :face_exhaling:

Thanks for reading my overly long ramblings, bye now! :wave:

17 Likes

Hey Dooderguy, welcome to FE Universe! Sounds like you’ll fit right in!

Making a hack is a ton of fun (also a ton of work). Looking forward to seeing what you can whip up. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Thank you!

1 Like

yay for the inability to breathe properly.
Hoy there, newbie! Don’t get attacked by feral pandas. Not… that there are any here (probably), just a… general… warning.

4 Likes

Don’t you worry, I’ll be careful! I’m more scared of the rabid tortoises anyway… :cry:

2 Likes

Welcome Dooderguy hope you enjoy your time here

2 Likes

Thanks, I hope so too!

1 Like

Hey, welcome! Good to have you here. Exciting to hear that you’re working on a project: from one stranger working on a romhack project on the internet to another, write those ideas down! Whether it’s a note on your phone, a scribble on a napkin, doesn’t matter, just make sure you get it down. Trust me, you’ll be grateful in the future.

Enjoy your stay!

3 Likes

Thank you! I’ve been trying to jot down my ideas in Notepad (since that’s where my scripts are anyway), but sometimes I forget. :sweat_smile: I should have a topic detailing more about my hack within the next few weeks!

1 Like

Welcome to the community, greetings from Argentina

1 Like

Thanks!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.