Helping With World Map Stuff

I need someone to explain to me how to set up world map events in FEBuilderGBA. I cam do the basic functions of placing nodes and connecting them with roads, I just need the events of going to a new map explained. The more detail, the better. Assume I know next to nothing. Sorry if it’s too much to ask.
-GultyKappa

The FE8 World Map event has many mysteries.
Unlike FE7 and earlier, FE8 allows players to move freely around the world map.
Therefore, the setting is very complicated.

First, there are two major world map events.
There are two events: “Event Post-Worldmap Node” and “Event Post-Worldmap Choice”.

“Event Post-Worldmap Node”
When you clear a base, the next base appears on the world map and a road is drawn.
This process is performed by “Event Post-Worldmap Node”.
In the world map event of FEBuilderGBA, it is the event group in the upper part.

“Event Post-Worldmap Choice”
When the player selects the next base, the background of the next base is explained.
Related person portraits and units are displayed.
The monologue text is then displayed and the player unit proceeds to the next location.
This process is performed when an event occurs when a site is selected.
In the world map event of FEBuilderGBA, it is a group of events at the bottom.

Until FE7, the world map could not be moved freely, so the two were integrated into one event.
However, in FE8, the world map can be moved freely, so the event was split into two.
In addition, the setting of the base of the world map, the addition of new elements such as world map BGM, world map road, fighting monsters make this setting very complicated.

The first is to observe the vanilla events.
And imitate little by little.

3 Likes

Thank you. It actually helped a lot.