Hello, I hope I'm doing this right!

Hi! I’ve been lurking here for a few months now, and figured I should come out and join the community for real. I’ve been trapped in the FE hellhole since 2014, but only recently became interested in hacks and whatnot. I’ve been messing around in FEBuilder with a friend to create our own meme-filled garbage, and it’s been a lot of fun. That’s what got me to checkout FEUniverse in the first place, and made me interested in looking deeper into this community. I’m hoping to get to a level of semi-competence with sprite-making, and then looking into actually using FEBuilder seriously. I have some ideas for future projects, but I don’t want to bite off more than I can chew just yet.

My first game was Awakening because I am casual scum, but I’ve since played the GBA games, FE11/12, Fates, Echoes, and 3H. I’ve also partially played Genealogy and Path of Radiance (which I would have finished if my memory card didn’t corrupt twice). I’m very partial to the Archanea saga, which I consider to be the Marth games, Valentia, and Awakening.
Oh, and Heroes of course. I’m only human. My L!Marth is my pride and joy if anyone wants to friend me on there!

Other Nintendo franchises I love include Pokemon (as my username suggests, which incidentally comes from my childhood obsession with Colosseum and XD), Smash Bros, Legend of Zelda, Animal Crossing and Xenoblade Chronicles. I’ve dabbled in Pokemon hacking in the past, but the FE scene seems a lot more accessible for some reason.

I’m working up the courage to join the Discord server since I’m super shy, but I figured posting here was a good start! And thank you if you got this far through the wall of text that I didn’t mean to build!

11 Likes

Welcome!

The discord is very friendly, don’t be intimidated.

2 Likes

Happy to have you among us.

Hop onto the discord if you’d like. #febuilder_help is of great use when you aren’t quite sure how to do something or are having trouble. #dev_lounge is pretty casual, and there’s usually some heated debate about a fire emblem mechanicn in #fe_design_meta.

I’d also recommend #playtesting if you’re looking for feedback on a chapter you’ve made.

I started a 1 hour blitz challenge a couple days ago if that interests you. Submissions have been of um… an interesting quality, as expected from 1 hour hacks, so anything would pass. It’s more about sharing the journey than the final product, haha.

1 Like

Welcome to the forum! Always good to know I’m not the only one who accidentally writes novels.

Helo :wave:

I think the universe is trying to tell me something, because my laptop charger broke within a day after making this post. But I got a new one and can continue to challenge fate >:)

Thank you all for the warm welcomes! I look forward to participating more in the future!

(Also that 1 hour blitz thing sounds like a fun… experience probably is the best word for it lol. I’ll check it out soon!)

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.