Has anyone made a romhack about Nergal and Athos' past?

Hey guys I was just wondering if anyone has made romhacks about Nergal and Athos’ past. I’m talking about both their respectives. Combined or not, since their paths obviously cross at multiple points. Also I know Athos is like 1000+ years old, so he has a ton of backstory, but still I feel like it’s still possible to do a really cool romhack of this sort. Same for Nergal, I feel like we have an idea of what his life was like, but it could be so much more fleshed out. Maybe I just appreciate both their stories more than the average player.

If nobody has made a romhack of this, I would like to. In this case, if anyone has suggestions on how to tackle this, as in which perspective, covering which arcs, etc … please let me know! I have some ideas, but the more the better!

Thank you

2 Likes

I think this would be a super cool idea honestly. It could actually follow a pretty normal FE style story, with the exception that Nergal gets turned evil in the end, obviously. I think the coolest idea would be to have Nergal start out as the main lord, then halfway through, swap over to Athos, and show him trying to win his disciple back from whatever madness took him over.

1 Like

Thank you! This split could definitely be cool. I was also debating on starting the first chapters as just independent stories athos and nergal been through, and then at the climax when he turns evil indeed.
Also would like to start off the first chapter with the scouring, as this would be a very entertaining and high captivating experience for chapter 1, compared to, defeat the bandits. What do you think?

1 Like

You know it is interesting how so many fe realms have essentially an fe story quest that happened x centuries ago. I wonder if that story telling originated with LOTR? But that would be dope to see the early years of those guys.

Always had the same thoughts as with radiant dawn’s altina, lehran, soen, and deghinsea

1 Like

Cool! If you have any tips on how you would like to see the story tackled, please feel free to give some ideas :slight_smile:

I was always surprised about the lack of a hackrom about Elibe’s lore. I was about to make one entirely about The Scouring, before reducing it to only six chapters.

Good luck on the project! I’d recommend you investigate a lot about the story before starting. The worst feeling is having to rewrite a whole plot point because a single small detail in the story ruins it entirely.

You could make the initial plot about the construction of Arcadia, before shifting to Nergal’s corruption. It gives them something to do, and you could build their characters and relationship. That’s just a suggestion, if you find something better go for it!

3 Likes

Ooh thank you for letting me know! Love the idea about it starting in arcadia, but t issue I have is that in arcadia they seem to already be quite mastered sages/druids (as seen on the pictures). I’d love them to start as regular mage and druid (maybe shaman) and level up accordingly. Would that work/ be too much change in canon?

That’s the tricky part. There are two critical points you have to consider when choosing the starting point:

• Nergal didn’t fought in The Scouring. He met Athos 500 years after the fact.
  • They both were roughly 500 years old when they met in Arcadia

If you give an explanation plausible enough you can make them start in the basic classes or make them have low bases. Maybe Athos hasn’t fought in a while, and so he’s really rusty? Maybe Nergal doesn’t know how to fight, and so he has to learn. Maybe their magic was taken away by some antagonist? How you decide this is up to you. I’m sure you can come up with something good.

You have to balance gameplay with story. Sometimes, a quick excuse to make them not kill everything is enough for most people. Others will never be satisfied if Athos doesn’t inherently cap magic at the prologue, no matter the explanation.

I believe it’s fine. No one asks why your units in FE3 book 2 aren’t promoted and level 20.

1 Like

Thank you this helps a lot! Appreciate all of it deeply.

1 Like

no because that would fit better in a different game format or in a fanfic

i cant imagine fitting enough units and conflicts into such a story to justify a full fe romhack

I was planning on it only being around 10 chapters, so not a fully fledged rom hack as you’re stating.

Well the dropbox link doesn’t work anymore. Can’t download it to check progress.

One idea to make this works could be that both Athos and Nergal hide their true magical power (especially Athos) to not put to much attention from outsiders on Arcadia