Hail to this amazing community

Hi. I am Ralgos, a fire emblem fan since the days i first discovered blazing blade going on maybe fifteen years ago. I have lurked and played and patched extensively, getting great enjoyment out of the talents brought to bear on this franchise. Fire emblem is a perfect marriage of many elements i love. Anime, medieval battles, fantasy creatures, rpg party members with distinct personalities, and the like.

My experience is primarily with elibe. But i have also payed radiance and dawn and a bit of the 3ds games. A bit of snes, ds, and the tear ring on ps1 and berwick saga on ps2. And the fitting tribute to all this. Heroes.

The sheer volume of gaming delight here is versatile, robust, and outstanding.

I am not a skilled or hardcore gamer. I love the immersion of the story, an unlikely as it would be. Imagine a patch with no battles, just good visual novel style reading. Would be a great way to brush up on lore.

Another recent idea i have had is have the lord unit a civilian with low stats and no skill ranks, that must rely on their units for protection.

My first lost unit was in 7, and the ugly reality of a bolt striking from the blue - or unseen black. In this case. Armor unit, maybe a cav. Memory fuzzy. Any way, completely obliterated by Bolting. I don’t like siege tomes.

Anyway hi and keep up the amazing work!! It is really appreciated. I will say that for many who just take free downloads for granted, play and offer no feedback. I am not such a creature, so here i am stepping out from the shadows.

14 Likes

Im working on a game just for you. Based on the writings of pierce brown. Story immersion is my MAIN focus.
If you have any game ideas throw them my way. I’m a new developer.

1 Like

SkĂĄl!

2 Likes

What I wish fondly was that the amazing piece of software FE Builder had an android or even less likely, an ios version. Imagine crafting a scenario and all that power in your palm. I am also interested in my recent discoveries of modern fangames and even completely new game engines, like tactile and rex laionis. As is their is only the web based editor i have heard of called Nightmare. I would like to know if anyone has successfully created something with it. Anything, a demo, a few chapters. Just to prove its viable. Otherwise, the assortment of full games i have seen on here is truly impressive. And its so easy to patch and mutate base games in all sorts of delightful and creative ways, all courtesy of the massive amount of effort and interest.

I have played, but not really beaten, many of these games. In 7 first run i got all the way to chapter 30 Light, but couldn’t figure out a way to kill it. Ive heard all you need to do is use Athos. I don’t remember why i was so frustrated. I was so invested in the character personality and story depth, that their deaghs became inexcusable to me, and thus i reset frequently. Even to this day I’m not comfortable with losing units forever. But I’m growing out of it with age. I have heard tales of skin of teeth desperate campaigns won, but only lord units remain alive. It…fascinates me. Iron Emblem hack seems a great cure for my obsessed attitude, as all units are generics, you should throw into the grinder when needed.

Well thats enough exposition for now.

Keep on being great and blazing bright.

1 Like

Experimented a little and tried to run FE Builder in wine on my linux laptop, It is working pretty will.What an amazing utility. I can see how so many people have gained the inspiration to create their own rom hacks with such amazing, user friendly and flexible tools as these. I am excited at the possibilities, like so many before me. I never ever seem to use pegasus riders rght. I keep them out of the way of archers well behind lines and thus they never kill anything, or get easily hit by every other unit besides mages. Maybe its just me, but they seem quite fragile. My solution idea to having prepromotes take all exp… take away all prepromotes, put every unit on an even keel, so you don’t have to worry about one unit getting tiny gains and taking experience that would be for everyone else. Maybe veterans could be reflected with higher skill ranks or a few levels, instead of being in a second tier classs.

If any hacks have such or ever had such, I would like to be pointed too them to try them out.

Thanks.

1 Like

Hello and welcome! It’s so nice to read your post and greet a new member here. I am Glofrithu, but you can also refer to me as Glofi. I am also a huge fan of the Elibe series and have a few things in common with you. I like to create portraits and I’m working on my own FE8 hack. Feel free to DM me anytime for assistance or just chit chat. I have quite a few skills that I like to share with others.

1 Like

I would also like to state that reinforcements showing up behind my lines to tear apart healers or merlinus is pretty infuriating. Especially when sometimes reinforcements STACK every turn. You have to think on all four sides of your army, and if the defenders you’ve left behind are up to the task. I guess you could always bum rush, but I like to hang back. probably need to change that up. So much amazing strategy in this turn based titan. i have experience with others, most notably the epic Final Fantasy Tactics and ensuing mods. Also played around with Advance Wars and Super Robot Taisen. I definitely don’t play that right, I see how far I can go without upgrading anything. And there’s so much to upgrade I have no idea where to begin. Great fun though.

Thats all for now.

1 Like

Do you have Discord? You should join the FEU channel if you do. I sent a request to one of the moderators.

1 Like

Yes I have one. Its Rajune6128. Let me know if you need an actual link or something, Discord appears to be a complex platform I don’t utilize very much, though I have seen all the cool hacks have their own server. I still am at the very beginning of trying to attempt anything, but I am an aspiring writer and intense fantasy enthusiast, among my greatest accolades are Tolkien, Robert Jordan, and George Martin. A Fire Emblem hack is a proven great way to tell such a tale, as it has been done many times before by many people. It would be a real honor to follow in their footsteps, but I have an immense amount of research and study to do. I mean I love this series, but I am a really bad player. I admit it freely. I remember spebding hours leveling up and fully promoting ALL my party in sacred stones, and still not being able to beat it halfway through. only later would i learn you need to rush your whole army left, take out the first bosz and take over his positions to defebd against what comes next. i have killed fomortis since then, but i am like nany, at all the patience abd time i earnestly sank into games like this. and it has deeply affected ne, as i still enjoy such classics now. and with the wonder of rom hacking, theres always something new to discover. it is an endless cornucopia of delight, and it is truly wonderful.

Ciao.

1 Like

looked into nightmare 3 itself. it seems every section is its iwn editor for that specific game, but i can’t figure out how to load the data. presumably thats why all the variables you can change are greyed out. well it doesn’t matter with fe builder running like butter in wine on mx linux. And wow i am impressed. All those utilities installed and it barely takes 400 mb. After playing such extensive and detailed hacks like Deity Device i thought it would be bigger. but thats a dumb thought. these are gba games after all.

Special mention endless game simulator parody Godville. I have always said that unique code combined with any other game would give it endless variance and viability. Imagine the self randomizer sacred stones rom on steroids, with constantly changing inventory, battle, hell even story elements. Getting Fire Emblem to play itself. Instead of having to turn auto on every turn in Awakening, just flip a switch and see how it plays out. Pop some popcorn. I like automated modes and ease of use features. Sometimes you just want to rest your hands. i think it would be cool if more fighters had battle theater mode like soul calibur 2 and 3 for instance…

Ciao.

and then years later i hear Seth is absurdly powerful and can solo the entire game himself. Well you have to keep the lord alive, and seth by himself can’t keep EVERY reinforcement off of the twins. Guess you’d need extensive help from terrain, or level the lord like mad in the tower of valni. Probably inherently obvious. just musing aloud .

Cya.

I see! Have you gotten the invite to FEU on Discord yet? It is a very useful resource for anyone exploring things for the first time.

1 Like

Yes i have thank you,

1 Like

I believe it is obvious where I critically fail to succeed in these games. The economy. I just find shopping and outfitting every single character and making sure they have enough weapons or what have you tedious. So i neglect to do it, and suffer terribly for it. The infinite weapon patches in some hacks are nice but its a double edged sword, the enemy’s resources are now equally as limitless. Be nice if ai could be applied to supply and just. Or even simpler, have a best equip like final fantasy option. Ah but fire emblem isn’t that simple. Youve got special spells, weapons that pierce armor ir horses or wyverns, and it all falls to the characters overall skill and experience, not just equipment, if he will manage to survive next battle, and sometimes a lucky crittcal will make all those factors moot. It behooves you as the player to actually be the genius tactician you are calked on to be, balancing every factor abd using every edge to win. Pure glorious strategy. This isn’t anime chess, it’s far more complex. I just need to play better than i have been. No one can say it isn’t rewarding. Just some ruminations.

Ciao.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.