Genealogy of the Holy Perambulation

3.0 arrives, and not a moment too soon!
…Maybe I should have waited for someone to answer my question before I went ahead with this.
What’s new? Map changes. Lots of map changes. The primary goals of these changes are as follows:

• Add more terrain for the player to utilize in combat scenarios.

• Remove the numerous instances of godawful terrain bottle-necking.

imageimageimage

imageimage
I hope you all enjoy.
Make sure to check the third changelog- it links a doc!

2 Likes

Thanks to a nmm by flasuban, I am now able to fix the issues related to paladins having axe rank! A hotfix should be out shortly.

3.1 is out. Paladins now have axe animations, some lategame bosses were nerfed, etc.
You’ll need to re-download from the link in the original post, if you haven’t already. I’ve put together a promotional video for this release, as I’ve wanted to for a while. Just a heads up: It’s a joke.

3 Likes

Another update? This might be the last one. I’m now attempting to address overall difficulty.

GHP HARD034
GHP HARD093
GHP HARD112

GHP HARD114
Enemy inventories and placements across the entire game have been altered.
And to further steepen the challenge…

Here are Sigurd’s growths, before bonuses are applied (He gains +20 strength, skill, luck, and +40 HP from Major Baldr).
Good luck trying to solo the game now!
Further balancing has been done for the playable cast.

• Azel now starts as a Fire Mage. Bolganone has been made available in the Chapter 3 armory to compensate. He also lost his minor Bragi blood.
  • Corpel/Sharlow start with Leg Rings to speed up the Hannibal recruitment. This means you can get two copies of the item now.
  • Duke Knight now receives Critical as a class skill. This gives Quan and Finn access to it.
  • Great Knight now receives Accost as a class skill. This gives Lex and Johan access to it.
  • Emperors exchanged Pavise for Pursuit.
  • Dark Mages and Dark Bishops gained Nihil.
    Enjoy! Feedback is highly appreciated. Some of the difficulty might go overboard.
    Genealogy of the Perambulation 4.0

Hello, my friend is looking to play FE4 for the first time, so I recommended she try a rom hack to get a more unique experience, but just in case it’s too difficult is there a way to edit character’s growths and stats mid playthrough?

If you have the FE4 nightmare modules, yes you can. Alternatively, you can use this site, copy the codes into SNES9x, and turn them on to set character stats. https://gamehacking.org/game/42922
The code to promote at any level is especially useful.

Thank you! Yesterday she tried FE4 Remix and while she was capable of playing through all the way to chapter 2, she noted how inflated the enemy stats got so quickly, so she’s hoping for a more balanced experience.

She’s interested in your hack now since it has increased movement for infantry, but would just like some malleability just in case.

But most importantly she wanted to know if the maps were slightly changed to make them easier to pass. Traversing the large forest in chapter 1 was crazy tedious she said.

Maps are indeed changed. Notoriously dense areas such as the spirit forest, the mountains in chapter 4, and much of chapter 7 have been thinned out, made shorter, or are easier to cross.

1 Like

Glad to hear. So she’s trying to get the game started, but she ran into a problem. Let me send you her message:

Right, I’m not sure what exactly is causing it, but whenever I patch the game with the GHP4.ips file, it breaks. 3.1 doesn’t do that, and it doesn’t matter if I use the translation patch or not, it’s the 4.0 version that messes it up.

If he needs more info to let him know what’s wrong, tell him that everything works fine until right after the ‘birth of a crusader’ intro. Where the sprites for the brigands are thoroughly messed up, and then the game just freezes.

Is she using a headerless rom? I’m not sure what’s different between 3.1 and 4.0 to warrant the issue.
Also I doubt it affects anything, but I recommend applying the 4.0 patch before your translation patch of choice.
If you need to remove a header, either install HxD and remove the first 200 bytes yourself or go online and look for a header remover. Romhacking.net is sure to have a few.

Okay you were right about the header thing, she fixed it thank you!

Her response:

“Right, now it’s working. I don’t know why the header is there, exactly, but it’s gone now and the stuff works. Tell them thank you, and that Arden no longer dances and Noish no longer has proficiency with every weapon.“

Okay my friend has another question:

Nightmare modules don’t work on the current version of the rom, because they’re designed for a header rom and it’s unheadered. However, presumably he was using Nightmare for some of the editing because that’s the Nightmare Gen 1 Character module screen in the first thing you sent me. Can you ask him if he has custom modules, or if he edited the pointers in the existing modules. And if it’s the second one, what exactly the pointers are.

there are two options-
either add a header back to your GHP rom
or go into the .nmm, and subtract 200 bytes from the addresses.
so 0x10200 would become 0x10000, for example.
This follows hexadecimal logic. If the module displays garbage info, the address is likely wrong.

She informed me she did the first option and it worked, thanks again!

So far this hack is awesome! Arden is a terror. I will say, while I’m only on chapter 1, I noticed what you did Tine in the changelog(erino), and I can’t say I agree. While I love that you raised Tailtiu’s level, the only thing Tine really needs is exactly one higher rank in thunder magic so she can use thoron… And/or give her major Thrud holy blood to use Mjolnir, which I would’ve liked, seeing as you went to all the trouble of giving the axe brothers Helswath. Regardless, this hack is awesome, and I’ve been on a huge Jugdral kick recently so this is just what I needed

Alas, you will not be using Mjolnir, Valflame, or Gungnir in this hack. Helswath being accessible is a matter of favoritism.
There isn’t really a good way to slot in Mjolnir, either- when would you get it? If your answer is “When the last character to wield it dies” then you’re getting it right before the Deadlords. By then, there’s not much point.
Weapon ranks are something of a nuisance when it comes to Arthur and Tinni. Tinni can’t be a thunder mage, because then that’d deny her Forseti access. So there’s no way to give her Thoron rank. I wouldn’t blame someone if they were annoyed with mage inheritence. It’s very finnicky with the rank system.
Glad to hear you’re enjoying my hack!

Hey There! First of all I really like your hack! It feels kinda refreshing playing FE4 with a few nuances and I’m enjoying it so far.
Unfortunately on chapter 2 my game freezes after the first turn of the mackily soldiers attacking. To be precise it is always freezing and messing up the whole screen when the ballista on the left from mackily tries to attack one of my units.

I’m using a headerless ROM and the 4.0 patch combined with the Project Naga translation.
Is there a way to fix it?

EDIT: I’ve been sitting here for around 90 minutes before I wrote this post and exactly a few minutes afterwards I figured out that it always will freeze for me, if the left ballista os attacking on the turn it spawned. But afterwards it works completely fine. So I guess, I found my fix for it but I let this post here, if it may happen to anyone else or generally for awareness

1 Like

Thank you for observing this error. I have received more than a few reports about siege weaponry causing game-breaking bugs. I will attempt to rectify these issues in the next patch. Though, in this case, I’m not sure what would cause it. Maybe an error with the enemy placement? It’s the only thing about the ballista that is different from vanilla.

4 Likes

GHP HARD131
I haven’t been able to replicate your particular error yet. What exactly do you mean by “ballista on the left”? Do you mean the one on the bottom left cliff, or the one next to the villages?

4.1 is out, and starting with this release, you can download it over on Romhacking.net!
If you don’t want to do that though, you can just hit the download button on the top post here. I update it every time a new version comes out.

This patch is intended to fix numerous minor errors (enemies with wrong names, siege unequip glitch) and slightly tweak the difficulty to be fairer early on. I still can’t find a root cause for the ballista freeze, but if someone with better technical knowledge would happen to know more, please message me.

4 Likes