GBA Battle Animations Needed!

Ok that is enough, I have been actually very understanding with the complaints people have sent me I even agree with a lot of them. I am really new to asking requests and help for stuff and I agree I was a bit insensitive and was taking an animators work for granted (Btw I changed the thing on payment if you actually looked above). BUT don’t go around calling people, “insulting, crass, exploitative, etc.” If you actually want something to change, shaming and discrediting the person who you want to change is probably the WORST way to do that. Finally you keep on saying I am completely disregarding the github repo which is really funny considering that over 140 of those animations were used with credits listed. So please inform me why when I already changed my statement, you are putting fuel to the flame.

1 Like

There’s no reason the new assets couldn’t be added for others to use :slight_smile:

This whole discussion is a bit silly.

Yes, is okay to criticize the way that OP expressed themselves. Because being honest it sounded a bit prepotent. Also OP fighting back doesn’t looks favourable for them.

But my main man Glof has a point. We are a community, we are fans of this game and even the legality of paying the making of assets for a ROMHACK from a Nintendo game is a bit questionable itself. (You can call me on this one, I lack the correct knowledge for this, and I want to know more about it if possible). We shall help each other instead of fighting back in any manner when money is involved.

But sometimes the good will of someone could be abused, and more when there’s no payment in between.

I’m still learning about doing assets, maps, portraits and even today I’ll learn how to edit a battle animation for my project, but I’m not an artist and neither have the skills or patience to learn all about that. You could say “just learn lmao” but is not that simple for someone that has no interest on learning that. And that’s okay. And the same goes with an artist that doesn’t know anything about romhacking.

But that’s just my opinion.

3 Likes

I’m not an artist, so I can only speak from what I’ve observed, but artists are pretty consistently undervalued in regards to payment.

They’ve had many people try to get them to create art for peanuts, or even free and I can understand artists having little patience when they see that sort of request made for the umpteenth time.

You said before that you have little experience with getting commissions. One of the best lessons to learn if you want help is to show clearly that you’re willing to offer payment in return for what you want.

9 Likes

based

Yes I agree with your statement and I have correspondingly already changed the statment above

1 Like

We have already asked the animators who joined if they need payment and both refused

You can ask Glofi if you want to double check

oh shut you have the name of a freaking phone, i just noticed lmao

Yea it’s my nickname XD

When I was responding to Gabreil I was pretty pissed so a decent part of that was anger I guess so that is my fault

Hello, Mr. Gero.

We send you this message in regards to the following post in this thread:

For legal reasons, we, the Andorrans, are forced to say that these commissions count as individual pieces of pixel art, and such mugs “in the style of” or animations “inspired on” are first and foremost property of the artist themselves.

As such, these commissions go through the same channel as any other commission, and even if they are finally “inspired” and “belonging to FeGBA”, they do not truly belong in Fire Emblem and are individual property.

Thus, unless the artist deems their product as “Free to Use”/“Free to Edit”, it may not be used, and an artist will not be forced through “a spirit of kindred” and appeals to their emotion to produce for an individual.

Off-case scenarios such as an artist already pursuing or wanting to pursue such a product and offering it for the person asking can be argued to be an acceptable development, but in no situation one can defend asking for “freebies” and demanding their production.

My most kindest regards,

Lesk Lyfeld, Fourth-Tier Andorran.

3 Likes

Try to not do too much comments at the same time, this is not a chat lmao.

But you kinda acting like a teenager or somethin’… I’ll not gonna assume your age but whatever.

Ok many thanks! I appreciate this info a lot. Growing more knowledgeable every day. :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses:

The more you know :sunglasses:

As an artist, I find my inspiration when I feel like people care about me. As much as I would love to do art for money, the inspiration just isn’t there. I’m in school for game design right now and it’s super hard for me to finish my assignments because I was bullied by both students and teachers.

Also the school is ‘virtual’ and they sent me a garbage laptop, and expect me to be able to make professional-looking 3D models on Autodesk Maya and Unreal Engine, but the laptop can’t take it and crashes all the time. It became a hostile environment. It’s not about what I want, it’s about what I can and cannot do.

FEU has people who love Fire Emblem so much that they wanna make their own Fire Emblem styled game, that’s a pretty exclusive group of people across the globe. I don’t think some of the members here realize what they have. I come from an extremely rough background, so I’m thankful that there are people here who appreciate Fire Emblem as much as I do.

2 Likes