GBA Balancing Ideas for project

I say just give the bows like -1 weight and +2 damage.

1 Like

I think we need to nerf some staves because crazy EXP and WEXP.

Torch should be only 5 uses like the torch item. It gives a lot of WEXP on staves and 10 uses means 50 points with just spam. 5 x 5 = 25 WEXP with this nerf.

Warp should only be 3 uses, it’s super broken since Thracia and even the efforts to nerf it in recent games is useless. You can give it one use but now you can warp anywhere (like the best staff in any FE game) and gives a ton of WEXP, super broken…

Rescue staff should give less EXP for utility, it can do some crazy strats on any FE Hack or game, if you want, you can increase the uses but the EXP is less (30 EXP isn’t bad compare to 50 or more [depending on the level of the user] ).

And finally we need to buff the archers.

My new idea of buffing them is to buff their skill stat by 2 points more and increase the hit of the bows by 5 points.

Giving the bows 2 - 3 range is great, short bow just 2 fire range, the longbow is a tricky one, personally I would make it like the real one, design to pierce armor in the given range because ballistae is made for long range in the game.

After listening to some of your feedback and doing some testing, I think I’m going to redo the movement. Instead of buffing all infantry, I think I’m going to just nerf flyers and buff some other classes.

New movements I’m thinking are:
8 Mov - Paladins, Rangers
7 Mov - All flyers (They do not gain any move during promotion), Magical mounted units, Great Knight
6 Mov - All foot units (Bards/Dancers and Knights/Generals gain +1 move)

Why do mounted magic users in specific get a nerf?

It’s unchanged from Sacred Stones (Troubadours have 6 move, and Mage Knight/Valkyrie have 7).

I’m scrapping the buffed longbow idea for now after hearing some of you guys’ concerns. With the 1-2 weapon nerf to axes/lances, I’m going to see how it plays out since bows will be the only physical weapon that can reliably double. I think I’m going to go back with the 15% crit buff to snipers. I also may play around with the idea of weapon rank caps for different classes similar to in the FE DS games.

I also think I’m going to reduce the weight of magic tomes (somewhere between FE6 and FE 7-8), and reduce the magic damage of higher-ranked tomes to compensate for this a bit. I want there to still be a slight weight penalty for stronger tomes, but no so much that you’re not using anything beyond the E and D rank tomes because the weight penalty is so high.

Thanks for all the feedback guys!

1 Like

Fates balanced throwing weapons well, prohibiting them from doubling on enemy phases.