Fire Emblem The Blazing Blade - Unique Animations

Good evening fellow Fire Emblem fans and happy thanksgiving to all of you!

I have a question concerning unique animations in FE7. As most of you know in FE Builder you can assign unique animations to your units.

I have a few of them however I came across a snag. The complication is that when I assign the unique animation it doesn’t come out right. I’ll explain: The unique animation has a different pallette from the vanilla version (the class). So I guess since it doesn’t match up correctly, the unit shows up like a mixture of colors (rainbow or ghost-like). How do I keep the unique animation separate from the vanilla class animation? If someone in this community can help me with this I’d greatly appreciate it. This is for a personal hack that I’m making for my personal use.
Fireemblem1_2

2 Likes

If you’re using unique animations for a character, that have a different palette from the regular class, you should only use unique animations for them. You shouldn’t be mixing them (having a unique sword, but a regular lance).

1 Like

Your answer sorta helps but let me use an example to elaborate on my situation: I have an unique animation for Sain right, after I assign this unique animation (including sword, lance, unarmed under the unique animation) his unique animation conflicts with the vanilla cavalier animation. How do I keep his assigned unique animation from the vanilla cavalier class animation? I don’t want to have to change the vanilla cavalier since it will make the enemy units look like a red (enemy) version of Sain and it will defeat the purpose of assigning unique animations to some of my units.

I don’t follow the question. If he’s assigned to use the unique anims and only those, where is the conflict? He won’t use the vanilla cav anims (obviously if you’re also using a custom palette for him, that palette should be based on the unique anims, not the generic ones, or it’ll look messed up in-game).

1 Like

The game already has some unique animations. Hawkeye is a perfect example. How come his unique animation pallete doesn’t conflict with his class (Berserker) but when I assign unique animations I face the situation that I described in this post?

Why would there be a conflict? Hawkeye’s palette is based on his unique anims, and he only uses his unique anims. The situation you described would only occur if you’re not properly assigning unique animations, or are using an incorrect palette.

1 Like

I believe you are correct! I need to somehow assign the unit to only use the assigned unique animation. That’s what I’m trying to figure out. If you need me to send you screenshots of what I’m trying to do let me know.

Well I assume it would involve using this editor here to create a set of unique anims, and then assigning them in character editor (at unique base anime/unique promo anime).

1 Like

Correct! That’s what I’m using.

As you can see from the screenshot I assigned the unique animation correctly. Then why on earth Sain shows up like a mixture of mixed matched colors instead of like in the unique animation?

Are you certain you have the Base Battle Palette and Promo Battle Palette values set to zero for Sain? l imagine those are taking priority over the Unique Anim’s palette. They should be right above where you assign Unique Anims in the Character Editor.

1 Like

I updated (edited) my reply. Refresh. Take a look at the screenshot and let me know if you see something amiss.

Yeah, that’s gotta be it, then. Try setting Base Battle Palette and Promo Battle Palette to 0.

1 Like

But Hawkeye’s promo pallette is set to 16 not to zero. Same with Loyd and Linus since they also have unique animations (They are assigned to their respective palletes)

I’ll give it a try :slight_smile:

As I said before, their palettes are specifically based on their unique anims. If you’re keeping sain’s original palettes that were designed for the generic cav/paladin, of course it would look messed up on the unique anim.

1 Like

If you want a hack with unique animations for everyone, play FE7: Community Edition

1 Like

I believe there’s new animations available for some and might be alittle outdated.

1 Like

Thank you! I’ll look into that. Since I’m into the idea of using a playable Tactician Mark, I’ll replace the meaningless mini boss from the Dragon’s Gate Cameron for Mark. In place of Cameron in the Dragon’s Gate chapter I can put Pascal in his place since Pascal only appears in Hector’s Mode [I usually play Eliwood on hard mode anyway].
AKX8I2H-alt-2

1 Like