Fire Emblem Temple of Ardesia [33 CHAPTERS, 15 Gaidens, 48 total, COMPLETED]

It’s possible to play the entire game, but I still have to do some writing and fixing bugs. So far I have no feedback from chapter 4-2 onwards, so if you have anything to report, please do it.

3 Likes

Can’t wait for this to be publicly released

Does this mean that the last maps are gameplay only with no story or is there a story ending??

wanna do a playthrough!

Exactly, but on February I will release another patch (sorry, I’ve been busy)

5 Likes

Next patch will be released tomorrow, just to be currious, did someone managed to finish the game?

3 Likes

i was planning on playing it but i am w8ting for story end credits, then ill give it a go!

I, too, am waiting for the storyline to be finalized before testing it on real hardware (via flashcard).:wink:

1 Like

Patch 1.35:

-Now the story is written up to chapter 4-3.

6 Likes

Patch 1.36:

-Now the main story is completed, I shall write the plot for the gaiden chapters soon.

8 Likes

Sooner I will release a patch that completes the story, and fix some bugs. I have tested hard mode and I can say that any veteran fire emblem player can manage to complete this hack without much troubles even in this difficult. Also a special ending will be available once you collect all S rank weapons.

6 Likes

Patch 1.37:

-The whole story is completed even the gaiden chapters.
-The game has been tested in hard mode.
-hard mode has stronger enemies and less gold
-A bonus ending can be unlocked by collecting all legendary weapons (binding blade style)
-After unlocking the bonus ending, two chapters can be played.

9 Likes

So , i use a Fe8 usa vanilla rom and directly patch with the Build 1.37 ups so if i failed to proprely patch my rom , ignore the following
I am at the chapter 2-5 and i have some bug :

• On the chapter 2-2 where you can recruit Braga, there is a talk option between Ascanio and Silva that recruit Braga ( but doing so make braga dissapeared your roaster and Bastiano no show for the next chapter)
    -On the chapter 2-4, the 1st cutscene is the Cormag - Vaider convo form vanilla FE8
    -At the end of this same chapter, the game crash when there is the Prison scene so i skipped it

• On the chapter 2-5, The 3 units gained last chapter no show in my roaster even though i use Ascanio for the dark mage and Ribald for the Knights duo.

The rest are some visual bug and some character doesn t have their death quote.

Sorry for not posting but I was busy with life. Now I have some free time and I shall fix those bugs asap.
The Cormag scen is to be replaced.
Besides the bugs, did you enjoyed the game so far?

1 Like

Awesome to see the progress on this one. Quick question, are the custom graphics done and Inserted or do you still need to spruce things up a bit?

The graphics aren’t done yet. I still have plenty of portraits to make.

Sorry for the delay, I was busy with real life, the next update will come tomorrow.

1 Like

Version 1.38

-fixed a bug that made the end event of chapter 2-4 crashing
-removed old Cormag scene from the same chapter
-fixed an issue with the conversations in chapter 2-2 ( I still have to write other convos)
-fixed some typos and chapter titles

3 Likes

Version 1.39

-Reduced the range of siege tomes and ballistae by 20%, so that the player can have an easier time dealing with them.
-Remove an enemy ballista from chapter 3-1
-Reworked some balliste usable by fleets.
-Here’s a guide for naval battles (it’s already in the game, here’s only as a refresh)
-Arrowspate: simple standard weapon used by ballisticians and fleets, eff vs fliers
-Hoistflame: eff vs cavalry and other fleets
-Thunderbolt: eff vs wyverns and ballisticians , deal magical damage
-Stones: short range but high damage
-Pachiderm: high damage and range but no effectiveness

3 Likes

Hey, finding bugs and crashes is fun for me, the difficulty is kinda fun, the brutality of the time restriction like the chapter 3-2 with the 7 days before the brigands destroying the village, not so much. Delaying the reinforcement and the anti turtling mesure by 2 to 4 days would allowed the player to restock on weapon, i could only use 1 character and visit only one shop because the village would have been destroyed. Still needed to dodge 3 fatal high 60’s strike to make it work. Spacing the reinforcement by an extra day or making them weaker each wave would be appreciated. (except the Anti turtiling one)

The following gaiden chapter is bugged, the wincon is killing the sage boss sitting on the chest in the middle, but when i kill him, nothing happened. :thinking:
This map is kinda bad because the drops doesn t seem to be worth it.

1- The statuts spam. If you are unlucky, all your magic unit could be disabled ( highly unlikely on the pirro Rally Res front, praying RNJesus on the other)
2- The drops are E rank magic tome ( why ), it would have been better to give elfire,Elwind,Shine etc, tier of magic and make the mage unable to use them by locking their magic at D or below
You also gain a 2 restore staff but the 1st points make those staff a net loss.
3- If you have not trained every one of your magic unit, you are screwed, even with everyone bar Lili promoted at level 20, the pain is high because of
4- Psychic staves, while the top side can baited the psychic user into suiciding themselves into a magicslayer bow user, the bottom side is easely stalled by the triple mage reinforcement for 3days but the stalling that are not dangerous except for the 2 Lord units.

By this point, i tought that the worst was behind me. I was wrong

5- Those Silencing reinforcement. If you are to slow , you will have roaming status enemy that will drop the pace of the map even more ( except if you are feeling lucky) because a turn a magic unit is using restore is an enemy not dying.

The silencing reinforcement are a tempo check. If you can spawn kill 2 of them, you are on time , if not, you will eat a long range tome when they appear.

The way i tackle this map is to have your Strong unit and fast unit at the top and the slow one at the bottom. your strong unit need to hurry up and pray to dodge status for the 1st turn . They will be the one to save the weak side by killing the luna reinforcement in the center. Armor slayer/Heavy spear and Horselayer/Zambato are a necessity, if you don t have plenty of them, don t bother.
You can also Warp an unit of the bottom side and kill the hinderance but i save those for endgame.

I think , tonning down the number of days the sage reinforcement would make the map better. 3days are 2 days to many because the silencing one are way to dangerous so the final 3 sage are borderline free to chip damage your unit until the end. And also fixing the winning condition not work.

The Luna reinforcement are not bad in my opinion and the center reinforcement didn t exist because i was to fast.

Also, i am playing on an older build. (1.37)
Only now, i realise i was playing on an older build lol

Sorry for the inconvenience, I shall fix the bugs asap. Thank you for your feedback!

I also wanted to say that gaiden chapters are usually harder than the others,
but offer great rewards (the exception are chapter 1-3x,1-5x wich are basically story chapters).
While the forced units are mandatory for story reason, you can also skip the chapter.
I’m thinking on making a guide for chapter to chapter for everyone.