Fire Emblem Temple of Ardesia [33 CHAPTERS, 15 Gaidens, 48 total, COMPLETED]

Really? I will appreciate that! You can do it! I don’t want to be cheap, but will you need money for this? Also if you do, remember that Nila and Franco must have their corresponding hair color unaltered, due to parental reason (Nila is Nilo twin brother, Franco is Fiana father)

2 Likes

No you don’t need to pay me at all! I’m doing this because I want to see your hack’s visuals improve as I quite like what I have played!

1 Like

Thank you! It means a lot to me! I shall credit you after I finish the story.

2 Likes

Ok, first off I encountered a severe bug on chapter 2-2. If you suspend and resume Rada and Rede cease to exist. Likely due to the spawning event you set not adding them to the players roster or due to how they aren’t on the map prior to actually starting it. Redoing the event with them predeployed as green units or as turn 1 reinforcements should fix this. Otherwise you need to use savesates to preserve them.

Another borked portrait i encountered was Ribald’s.

As per the tomes, the steel tomes don’t have the usual trait of lower hit in exchange for the higher might like the steel weapons, as a comparison a steel axe has 70 hit to the iron axes 85 where as both the wind and elwind tomes both have 100 hit.

Even with losing 20+ uses the steel anima tomes having identical hit to their iron counterparts just makes them better.

The Pirates: i can under stand that, but I think giving them a halberd, hammer, killeraxe and swordslayer is a bit much, maybe toning them down to just the killer axe and a swordreaver would work just as well. (small edit): same goes for the anti-turtle wyverns on 1-7(I think) the brave lances are overkill considering they will double anyone they attack, toning them down to a slim or iron lance will still have then be a threat but not cause them to just start onerounding every one if you actually try to fight them.

As per the hitrates, it just seems like enemies randomly get avoid spikes when on blank tiles. I’ll go from an 80 to a 60 on the same unit type in different spots on the map during player phase. It might just be due to most of the player units having sketchy skill and luck stats/growths on average so far.

As per the armored dark mage thing, i get it I was mainly just curious because it was something I’m not used to seeing, (had to recheck the rom to notice you fight armors on a few maps).

On the light mages: I understand wanting them to be strong, but stronger weapons might be a better idea rather then higher speed. Some of the part 1 cast have really bad speed growths which could make them easy pickings for the light mages due to being easily doubled. its just a thing to keep in mind as an option after all.

As per the writing: I understand the attempt at showing the gravity of a particular moment, but that’s why I brought it up, sometimes fuck just isn’t the way to do it.

Example: Marcello shouting “THOSE FXXXXXX BASTARDS!” Completely undercuts the intended anger, him shouting “THOSE GODDAMNED BASTARDS!”, comes across with the same intent and reads like something someone actually said.

The issue with trying to censor yourself on fucks causes a slight disconnect in the writing due to how not using it reads, its something that only works if you don’t think of it as a person talking. Try going through some of the events and actually act them out and you’ll see what I mean.

I hope some of my concerns and questions have helped out, and that most of this comes off as as me offering constructive criticism and not as me just being an ass.

If it seems like I’m being harsh its only because I actually see alot of promise here. and for a rough story its actually not half bad, just rough around the edges.

You have told me that some pirates have a +20 boost to avoid on some tiles, I don’t know
if those pirates are in forest or plains, can you please make a screen shot of a pirate with boosted avoid? Also, regarding shaky skill/luck , remember that he game gives you plenty of tactic book, goddes icon (horse shoes) you should use those to patch up some units. I’ve reflected about the dialogue, and I shall remove the fake screw words and put some classic fire emblem swearing (damn, hell, curses). I shall make the monks on 1-F a bit slower, however, remember that at level 13, the monk has 15 spd according to the growths I have assigned to him, I can lower the spd a bit, since 99% of the tomes in my hack are pretty ligth ( no pun intended).

1 Like

Also, why are you trying to attack the wyvern knigth in 1-7?
Just curious.
I shall fix the bug in 2-2.

1 Like

Its not that I’m trying to attack them, anti-turtle units are ment to be scary due to having stats you can’t really deal with or weapons that are far too dangerous to safely fight. Both is just a bit much.

They also all have luna, which makes the strong weapons somewhat redundant due to a chance to outright kill a unit due to them having about 30ish attack with a defense pierce skill if using an iron lance.

Back onto the hitrates I kind of figured it out, its the enemies having rather varied luck stats. like the assassins on 2-1 have a whopping 27 luck and speed giving them a base 71 avoid which makes hitting them really hard.

I did notice something while just playing a bit more of 2-4, a warrior with a displayed 49 avoid on a forest tile (only 29 on a blank tile) attacked my lance wyvern who had 127 hit, even with triangle disadvantage her hit should have been 58 but it was 47. I have no idea why that happens. Even some of the mages when attacking at disadvange can lose about 60 hit depending on their tome.

I can’t really do screenshot as I play hacks on my modded 3ds and type most of my posts on this site on my tablet.

The monks only really need like minus 2 to their base speed to work as an adjustment, it will keep them more in line to the enemies on that particular map while keeping them as the fastest of the mage trio you fight.

thank you for taking some of my criticism to heart and i still sincerely hope I’m not coming off as a jerk with some of this.

Edit: ultimately you don’t have to change much if you don’t feel its needed, I’m just giving some recommendations I think would help.

Edit again: it just bloody hit me. Leadership stars. Because they’ve been enemy only i keep forgetting them and they don’t display on the unit stats screen.

Hello :wave:! I’m new here and i just want to say that you are amazing i know you’re still not expert at ROMhacking but soon you might be a popular romhack creator btw just download it it today i can’t wait to play it now!

Thank you very much! I don’t deserve such praise tough :smile:

1 Like

Version 1.28:
-Added a new chapter called 1-7x: , you can access it after 1-7, no extra conditions, still uncomplete.
-Updated some weapon icons
-Adjusted some growths
-Added more supports
-Removed some droppable items on the bandits in 2-2, I thougths there were too many.

4 Likes

I was hoping to post this before you made a new update but every recruitable unit from 2-1 to 2-f ceases to exist on a restore from suspend point.

(still on 1.27)

I am at literally the boss of 2-f and restarted due to the generals getting way too many great shield procs to effectively kill them ( please change it to Pavise) and lost Tirana to the reload.

now I’ve either got to restart this long and rather irritating chapter over again or just lose the weapons and Items she was holding.

I’m going to fix this on the next patch (1.30) sorry for the inconvenience, I promise I shall fix asap, rigth now I’m solving other bugs and writing story and supports.

By the way, could you tell me how did you feel when you played this chapter (2-F)? It’s one of the chapters I’ve got no feedback at all.

Patch 1.29:
-Forgot to mention hard mode in patch 1.28, it works like this, it adds 3 auto levels to all enemies
then it adds 1 extra level every 4 chapters, up to 10 extra auto levels, trust me, things will get more difficult.
-Added extra story
-fixed an issue where the formation from chapter 3-1 onwards couldn’t be changed
-fixed an issue where some recruitable units disappear
-moved up some reinforcement in chapter 3-2
-Added a conditional for Nathan the sage, he appears only if he survived before hand
-Changed the equipment of the boss of chapter 2-5
-Removed great shield from generals.

MOD EDIT: Merged a triple post within five minutes. Please edit your posts.

2 Likes

Hello, is this fully completed?

2-f honestly feels a bit odd, it makes sense being an old partially flooded aquaduct fortress, but its still odd.

The biggest headache was just the Generals, honestly great shield has always been a pain whenever its used since its proc chance is decided by the highest stat a general usually has, their Defense and nullifies all damage.

When it procs it still eats weapon durability and could result in breaking an anti-armor weapon that you can’t replace without wasting turns you might not have. Its just frustrating to attack a general with 3 people for a combined 6 attacks and only 1 to get through due to bad RNG.

Due to these generals having 20-22 defense that equates to a 1/5 chance of going “no” to any attack you make, with 5 generals required at minimum to safely attack the boss and a turn limit to deal with (even if its a loose one) can get exausting. Whih is why I asked to possibly change it to pavise, even with them having 20 skill it gives you the option of at least downing them with the 3 mages you have or using some of the leftover magic swords from part 1.

The reinforcements didn’t matter as much due to not being overly threatening. and the two houses you can visit play an event undoubtedly from later in the rom. Otherwise its fine if a bit chunky.

I did manage to complete it but it was just so tiring to have to restart so many times on such a rather long map due to a unit just ceasing to exist due to a bug I kept forgetting about.

I’ll reduce the amount of generals on the next patch

1 Like

Well, honestly since they don’t have great shield now it isn’t as much of an issue, i played that chapter originally on version 1.27 and still need to replay it on 1.29.

The skills enemies have can honestly be the sole reason a map can be irritating or not.

Proc skill on enemies always have had a rough rap here due to how frustrating losing a unit or getting stonewalled completely by chance can be.

So a lot of don’t give them to enemies for the sake of consistency.

This is your first hack, so I went in knowing full well some of the balance would be off, be it enemy stats scaling quickly, player units having shaky growths, weapons being odd, hit rates being funky, but if no one actually says anything about bugs, issues, and possible things that can cause frustration, how could you fix them or know better for anything you make in the future?

Honestly I appreciate how reasonable you’ve been with some of my complaints.

Can I ask yif you have played chapter 1-5x? If so, can you tell me your first impression?

1 Like

I have, not on current patch but on 1.26, it worked fine.

Had to be a bit careful with positioning the ships so I could accurately handle what units were rushing toward the armors, thankfully their bulk was enough that I didn’t have to watch over them too much, however just about every unit aside from Mr.Noble the archers and armor knights themselves got perforated by the ballista so i can’t vouch for their effectiveness.

Though I would suggest giving the magic galley’s a second siege tome or giving one of them a fortify staff just for a couple of mass heals in an emergency. Or possibly removing the closest balista just so both fighters don’t die before they get agro’d by the enemy.

Oh and the village event played the “pirates and thieves need this to promote, here take one” convo and gave me boots.

As it currently stands the only chapter I havent played it 1-7x and that solely because I was at 2-F when you added it.

As per 2-F, I can safely say, yep just those generals not having great shield made it much more bareable.

I think I’m gonna keep the ballstae, instead, I’m gonna give the archer the don’t attack AI then I’m gonna give them the attack AI after two turns, this way you can have time to shoot them before they damage the figthers.

That should work, it was a little tricky getting over to them due to the galleys low move and the fastest path being a narrow choke point.

I’d still recommend either refreshing the entire fleets inventories or giving the magic galleys fresh siege tomes though, since you’d likely have used them all up in 1-3x.