Fire Emblem Temple of Ardesia [33 CHAPTERS, 15 Gaidens, 48 total, COMPLETED]

Time for another exciting round of “bug report”!

Chapter 3-4 opening event is broken requiring you to skip after the world map segment.

Cheyenne also ceases to exist upon a reload but her case is far worse. Due to something I can’t explain she ceases to exist if you reload 3-4 as well.
Edit: correction she ceases to exist if you don’t deploy her on 3-4 for some even more baffling reason.

You may have to possibly clear both 3-3 and 3-4 in one sitting for her to not be deleted permanently from your roster after being recruited otherwise the Est of your roster is pointless on a reset.

Edit: the seize tiles on 3-4 only work if you step on them the same turn the boss on it was killed, otherwise you get softlocked.

And upon starting chapter 3-5 Merachea was removed from the roster.

one final thing, I needed to get a screenshot for this one but I feel this isn’t correct.
X Temple of Adrestia-0

To fix that particular bug the only option is actually making a second set of units for that event to call, since it currently calls up the Galleys which ignores what classes you intended them to be since it calls up their assigned classes when deployed by the call event you have set.

In case i flubbed the explaination, it calls up the units with their default class. They need to either be different units that get called or get reclassed to their intended classes once the map starts.

I feel however that like with every other map joiner if I reset they’ll just be deleted.

Tested it to be sure, and only Fiana got deleted, I’ve hit the point to where I’d strongly recommend getting some help from the FEuniverse discord to help weed out some of these rather serious bugs.

I’m sorry for the inconvenience, I’ll try to fix them asap.

1 Like

I feel I should apologise as well, I likely came off like i was annoyed.

I’m more just surprised no one else ran into half as many bugs as I have, much less reported them to you.

I am also grateful to you for responding in a fairly timely manner.

I hope each bug I’ve found is at least helping you learn more about how complicated hacks can really be, and how to either work around them or fix them.

I should also probably say that first line of my previous post was ment to be read jokingly. And incase my “you should get some help” comment came off as me being a dick, it was more intended as “maybe ask some more experienced guys to give you some tips on how to avoid some of the issues that keep poping up” kind of thing.

Again sorry if I keep coming across as a dick.

i dont think many ppl are playing this hack as its not completed yet and has many bugs aka in beta stage.

i think u are doing a great job finding all these bugs since ur the only 1 playing this right now.

1 Like

I didn’t think you were mean, instead I appreciate your effor tin playing my game. In fact, many people usually didn’t reach this point in the game.

4 Likes

I’m glad my stubbornness is coming in handy. I have a lot of spare time on my hands so I like to play rom hacks when I feel the itch and since I have a preference for longer hacks I always like to see projects like this one.

I try to be as constructive as I can with criticisms since just being a disparaging dick is never helpful for new guys who are still figuring things out.

Honestly the only reason I can even give some of the advise I have is I’ve taken a look at various events scripts and random bits here and there of other hacks, and while I don’t understand most of what I’ve seen I can generally grasp what could be wrong in some cases.

I am taking a small break for right now mainly because while funny having 6 artillery ships land locked on the northen map point is funny, it doesn’t exactly help. I would advise giving any recruitments past 3-5 a once over just to make sure that deleting issue doesn’t keep poping up.

I do hope to continue once you’ve got 3-5 ironed out a bit more though.

TDAWS here, I played the first 2 chapters mostly on a whim after hearing about this project from some other people in the community. I had a good time! I’d like to leave some impressions and feedback.

Overall:
The writing and art both seem incomplete or unpolished in some areas, although both have some standout moments as well. The direction of each seems fine, just could use some polish. The prfs available on the starting units were fun, even if it wasn’t always clear what they actually did. A lot of important numerical information is just not available, which sucks but wasn’t a dealbreaker by any means, and I was able to intuit their use with a little experimentation.

Ch 1:
The starting units were fun to use and seemed well balanced! I particularly thought Sero was an excellent thief jeigan; 1-2 range utility with knifes, thief utility, and enough bulk to take a few hits when necessary, but not necessarily enough damage output to be a combat juggernaut.
Marcello also fills the archer role perfectly: excellent chip, an immediate longbow, and a somewhat crazy prf all make them fun to use.
I also appreciate that most of the starting units can steal, and all the infantry have shove; it fits the “adventurers/treasure hunters” vibe you’re aiming for in the story.
I do think the map has pacing issues; it’s rout but a lot of enemies just sit in place and either move when you enter their range or not at all. This mostly hurts the back half of the chapter; while I don’t think a 1st chapter necessarily needs fierce pressure or anti-turtle, perhaps a mix of charge and /or move in 2 range ai on the enemies on the top half of the map could improve the pacing.

Ch 2:
I liked this one more than the first! Very well done escape map, with a cool gimmick. The timing of the different reinforcements led to a perfectly paced escape experience, at least on my playthrough. While the new units you obtain on this map aren’t quite as distinct as the ch 1 units, it’s nice to have them, they join at interesting and well decided times and places, and if you’re going to have a map as large as this one this early on, you might as well have an appropriately large amount of units to play on it with! I also liked how it felt like there were many different viable paths through the chapter, it’s a lot to take in, but I never felt unfairly overwhelmed.

Overall 2:
If I had one critique overall, it would be that there is a lot of 2 or 1-2 range enemies, and it can be something of a map pacing issue, especially in ch 1. I made liberal use of tools such as the javelin, handaxe, knife, and so on, which kept it from being too annoying, but all of those tools were running low on uses by the end of ch 2. If I were to run out of these tools, the map pacing could quickly bog down. Perhaps consider either reducing the number of ranged enemies on these 2 maps, or giving these tools more durability (it doesn’t need to be a ton, even 5 or 10 uses would go a long way). I admit it’s entirely possible the upcoming chapters either don’t need these tools as often, or replacement tools come very soon after where I left off. If that is the case, then this critique is probably much less important (oops).

I can’t promise that I’ll leave feedback this thorough and in depth again; these days I only have so much time and energy, and find it difficult to play hacks to completion, but I will say that I enjoyed what I played, and right now I feel the desire to play further. If I do and find things to say, I’ll try to make another post like this one! I hope you enjoyed and appreciated this feedback.

4 Likes

Thank you fro your feedback! I put lot’s of effort into polishing chapter 2! The first map I made for chapter 2 was way longer than the one you actually played! I hope you can continue having fun in this!

2 Likes

Version 1.30.
-Fixed a bug where the player couldn’t move their units during the preparation screen from chapter 3-1 onwards
-Fixed a bug where the blue NPC in chapter 3-5 where fleets, now they are green units
-Fixed a bug where new recruitable units from chapter 3-2 onwards would disappear
-Added a split convoy, the first party has 150 limit, the second one has 50, after the party merge, they’ll have 200 item limit.
-Hard mode bonuses now follow this rule, they start with +1 extra level, and they get +1 extra auto level for each three chapter you complete, for example, from chapter 1-1 to 1-3 the hard mode bonuses are +1, from chapter 1-4 to 1-6 they have +2 levels, and so on. I noticed that the early game was a bit rough with +3 auto levels.

Sorry for being late.

6 Likes

Soon I’m gonna release a patch with more story written and supports, are there any other bugs that I should fix?

1 Like

Fiana still got deleted on 3-5 otherwise I’m only on 4-1 for now.

Strange, I’m gonna try to resolve the problem.
Have you tried restarting chapter 3-5?

1 Like

Yeah, that’s how I noticed it. I just started keeping savestates when I have on-map recruitments to deal with it. Otherwise Its been fine. Just doing a slow burn for now since I know you’re working on story stuff still and figured a chance to focus on that would be nice rather then a bunch of additional bugs showing up.

Oh, the list command is heavily broken but don’t worry about it. Thats a side effect of have a bunch of characters.

Version 1.31
-Updated story
-Update music
-Fixed some maps
-Changed some enemy equipment, particulary on chapter 2-3, here the tarvos have no swordreavers

1 Like

Still on 1.30 uh, 4-1 softlocks once three brigands exist on the map.

X Temple of Adrestia.emulator

once the brigand tries to move to the highlighted tile they freeze, like they can’t end their turn and thus locks the map, everything else still moves but they can’t end their turn.

I did a little tinkering by increasing that particular brigands move and found I at +1 the go one tile down and hard reset the rom, and at +2 the move properly and the turn continues normally.

and then a wyvern stopped on the forest tile and the same thing occured.

so yeah, in its current configuration (as of 1.30) chapter 4-1 cannot be cleared due to several enemies just crashing the rom if they moved to certain tiles.

I tought I fixed this.
Anyway, thanks for the report, I shall figure this immediatly.
On the previous version, only the brigands would lead to this bug, but according to you, this also occurs with wyverns.
Do you mind giving me one of your savestates? This would facilitate the bug fixing.

1 Like

Well, due to how I messed with the rom to actually get through that chapter, I kinda saved over the states I had.

I don’t honestly use them unless needed so the few I have are either from 4-2 or 3-5.

Sorry.

Though if I had to guess it might be due to something with the original map tiles, or something to do with the like 8 blank turn 0 events.

Version 1.31
-fixed a bug where the chapter 4-1 would softlock after a brigand would come to a certain tile, the problem was the high number of mountains.

2 Likes

Sorry for being late, I had stuff to do in real life.
Version 1.32.
-Added new gaiden chapters
-Fixed some minor bugs
-Added a pair of new recruitable units.
-Added new S rank tomes to be obtained.

6 Likes

Can’t seem to patch it, NUPS is telling me the patch is corrupt. Using 1.32 from the github.