Fire Emblem: Scroll Of Akatosh

So, hello all! I am a new user here. I’d like to talk about an idea I’ve had stirring in my head for a while now.

So, some of you are likely familiar with The Elder Scrolls, particularly it’s fifth release, Skyrim. One of my favorite parts of the game, and the whole series in general, is its emphasis on worldbuilding. Every race in Tamriel, from the reptilian Argonians to the battle hardened Nords, have their own cultures, beliefs, and personalities. This worldbuilding came to a forefront in Skyrim, where a Civil War between the Empire and the Stormcloaks broke out, due to the outlawing of the worship of Talos, a god revered by the latter, and the death of High King Torygg, an important figure to the former. This was due to the Aldmeri Dominion, a legion of High Elves, forming a truce with the Empire by way of the White Gold Concordat. You can take a side in the war and help the faction win, but in the end, regardless of which faction you chose, its made obvious that this is only the beginning, and that a much larger war is on the horizon.

Regardless if the upcoming sixth entry in the series covers a war or not, I thought this had the makings for a potentially very interesting Rom Hack of Sacred Stones! The story for it is still a work in progress, but the general gist is this:

War has broken out across Tamriel, between the combined forces of the Aldmeri Dominion and Empire, and those who shun them. The turmoil of this war has caused the Divines to abandon Tamriel, and the Daedra to cause more problems. A small resistance force seeks a certain Elder Scroll thought to summon the Legendary Akatosh, the chief divine of Tamriel, to hopefully bring an end to this war and Tamriel’s turbulent history.

Now, I have very little talent when it comes to using FEBuilder and coding, if any at all. However, I would very much like to learn, in the hopes of making this a reality! Any and all help is welcome, and I currently am setting up a Discord for further discussion.

Thank you for checking this out if you read this far. I hope to see interest in this project soon!

7 Likes

Seems like a quite interesting concept. :+1:
One question though: As most sprites/portraits are more or less humanish, (how) do you intend to integrate Mer and Argonians/Khajiit into your work?

I might update the mage and archer sprites to depict Altmer and Bosmer, respectively. As for Dunmer and Argonians, they will get their own unique classes: the Spellsword (Swords and Anima Magic), and the Brotherhood Assassin (Swords and Dark Magic). Don’t know what to do for Khajiit though. Maybe Merchants?

Rogues could fit?