FIre Emblem Sacred Stones SS patch(Shez and Swords)

Hello, everyone! This is a patch for Sacred Stones that includes a lot of gameplay rebalance, adds new content, rebalances post game Creature Campaign and adds new characters!

You can check out brief video explaining what actually is in it:

Here are some screenshots of the game:

Sacred Stones(S patch).emulator-0
Sacred Stones(S patch).emulator-1
Sacred Stones(S patch).emulator-4
Sacred Stones(S patch).emulator-5
Sacred Stones(S patch).emulator-6

Major differences between the SS patch and vanilla:
-Every unit and every class has its own skills;
-All classes are rebalanced in a way to make all of them viable;
-Buffs to weaker characters(stats, skills, prfs, etc.);
-New items that can be held to gain stat boosts and skills;
-New music on some story maps and all of CC maps from variety of Fire Emblem games, including Kaga Saga;
-New prfs and weapons;
-New characters: Palla from Arcaneia and Gaiden games, Mia from Telius games, Tiena from FE6 manga and Shez from Three Hopes;
-Altered some weapons and items.

To get more information, you can check out the google drive link and download a patch and a changelog for the game: Sacred Stones(SS patch) - Google Drive

8 Likes

Hitting near the endgame of this now (Ephraim Route), figured I wanna share my thoughts a bit on this.

Semi-Rambly thoughts over the whole thing

Every time I tried engaging with being able to field so many more people, even with the fact there was seemingly more reinforcements, the maps aren’t ever really changed up at all to consider the quantity of people you’ll actually be bringing in now, more than ever making SS’s already sometimes pretty compact maps feel more claustrophobic and in turn, more tedious to go through.

The increase of enemy quality generally doesn’t do much to change things up, weirdly enough, more just means things go a bit slower turn-by-turn. At the worst of times, especially later on, it just ends up encouraging you to juggernaut more. Since it ends up becoming the most reasonable tactic to get through the lategame with unbreakable S ranks (which WAS cool, but Vantage+ is just busted as hell) and attack REALLY soaring high. You wouldn’t want to bring anyone who wasn’t in peak form, as they ended up being prone to being dead weight.

Rather than needing “1 unit for 1 enemy” like mentioned in the doc, it really turned into “1 unit for a whole horde of enemies” Then there’s cases like in Fluorspar’s Oath, really makes Dieck seem even less impressive cause he gets got by the two soldiers really easily, even with a promotion.

Lastly, the personal skills for each character seemed questionable, especially with stuff like Lute getting paragon, considering she’s already a decently good character. She and Ross just soar past in the earlygame

Ultimately, I ended up not feeling like there was a rebalance to the gameplay, and more like there were a bunch of smaller rebalances to every aspect done individually, without really stepping back to see how it all works in motion. Still though, there were some fun times to be had while playing it! But in it’s current form, the design seems shaky.

Also, Ross with aptitude and paragon is just sheer comedy, cause he can just rapidly snowball to a 10/20/1 unit before the routesplit and be an unstoppable god with warrior’s axefaith and his crazy bulk.

1 Like

I played difficult prologue and Ch.1, the most thing I want to say is … It is kind of … too easy. I think you can make enemies stronger. The enemies’ hit rate in prologue is just around 10%. Sorry to say this.

1 Like

I’ve played until chapter 15 of Ephraim’s route, and as I began chapter 15 my Mia was no where to be found, I recruited her back in chapter 12 and she was alive and well down to the last turn before I seized the throne in chapter 14 is there any reason why Mia has gone missing???
PS: Besides that the patch has been fun to run through

1 Like

thank you for playing through the patch!
As for the problems. I’ll switch Ross and Lute Paragon to something else. At first, it was fun, but I realize how it breaks the game
The game expects you to train and use as many people as you can so that would create that 1 on 1 tactics. As we tested it multiple times, we trained almost every unit(in my last run I trained everyone), and we never really encountered the problem of turtling or juggernauting. That is why increased might and weapon triangle bonuses are there, to prevent you to use just one unit against everything
Also, the early game is intended to be easy, so you could train your early game units. The chapters before the route split are mostly unchanged
Although, as I look through it again, there are certainly some balance issues that we either didn’t see, or payed no mind. And we’ll try to work on it.
Again, thank you for your reply and thank you for playing the game! We’ll try to look up and fix the problems the game has right now!

1 Like

hello, and thank you for playing it! The early game is intended to be easy in order for you to train your units. When the route split hits, the game’s difficulty increases greatly

huh? that’s interesting. As we played it, we never encountered that kind of problem. We’ll try and see how it could be fixed.