Fire Emblem Rumors and Leaks

There was a period of time when I followed Gaming News channels on Youtube after Nintendo Power ceased publication because I had been used to getting news once a month, but I eventually stopped because all of the rumor and speculation content became annoying. “Reliable Leakers” have been claiming that a Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door remake has been coming for so long that it was speculated to be a WiiU or 3DS title, and the fact that a remake is coming to the Switch doesn’t make the years of rumor mongering correct. If a man in a desert says torrential rains are coming every day, it doesn’t mean he had foresight if said rain eventually falls. Nowadays, I only pay attention to Nintendo Directs and other announcements directly from Nintendo because it’s not worth paying attention to anything else.

If an FE4 remake happens, it happens, but I’ve put no stock in any rumors that its coming. I’m sure Nintendo is aware that the game is known to some in the west through fan translations and is perfectly happy to profit from putting Jugdral characters in Heroes. But Nintendo has long built an image of creating games that don’t go too far with violence or sexual themes, and I don’t think they want the kind of click-bait articles about a Nintendo game with sexual assault and incest that would come with releasing an FE4 remake, and like Sara said, that part of the game cannot be changed without it becoming a completely different story.

3 Likes

My favorite “rumor” was not about the future, but at the time a current release. I made a joke about how Marcus was the best unit ever created in FE7, and people started joking about how one day he would be taken seriously, but was all around considered trash.

Well… I’m sure any of you know that he’s invaluable in ranked runs, or any for that matter, and it was just a community still learning tricks of the trade that were considered niche or groundbreaking at the time, but common sense and basic now. I think Seth got the same treatment, but I remember people ragging on FE8 because it was viewed as too easy with skirmishes and tower abuse.

This was on the old NSider forums, mind you, but considering most FE communities didn’t exist yet, I’m not sure of how many other places discussions carried on.

1 Like