Fire Emblem: Reawakening (Untitled new FE for 3DS)

I don’t feel like digging up the interview, but I’m pretty sure he said he didn’t actually design any of the classes, just the characters. (Like, there was a specific line something like “I didn’t design the armor, just the guy wearing it.” I think this was the same interview where he said he wasn’t a fan of green hair.)

butbutbutbutbutbut. . . . green hair is awesome. . .

yeah i do remember that interview actually, so i would say im glad they told that guy to calm down on armour.

So basically even the character artist was like “hey guys these are kinda bad.”

1 Like

I guess so lol

In regards to weapons: Confirmed so far, there are Katanas, Naginatas, and Maces seen in the trailer (a Bronze Mace was spotted on a female axe-user). That might mean we’re getting bronzes of the other sub-types too. Maces kind of break away from the “eastern weapons” trend, perhaps the westerners use Sword/Lance/Mace and easterners primarily use Katana/Naginata/Axes? Or maybe there will be even more sub-types; one set east and one set for the west?

I’m more hyped for new weapon types that I realistically should be :stuck_out_tongue:

I’m particularly excited for the magic fans/tags instead of tomes.
I wonder what the stave variant will be?

i dont even care if magic fan characters are all bad and unlikable, if theres a magic fan class it will be my bae class for ever.

I’m not sure it’s necessarily a class, but perhaps (like L95 suggested) an eastern variant sub-type of tomes? It’d be super cool if there were a different type of magical item per magic type: fans for wind, tags for fire, etcetera (but that might be asking them to come up with too many magical things, lol). I be stoked, anyways. Fire Emblem’s weapon arsenal needed some fresh blood.

If there are magic fans there are also probably magic scrolls and fuck why not jutsus while we’re at it

I was thinking about how this game has armor damage, and I just remembered Grima kinda had it in Awakening. I’m glad they’re expanding on the idea.