Fire Emblem: Order of the Crimson Arm(ver1.0 final out)

Congrats on a (basically) complete release.

I’ll play some of it tonight and post feedback

Oh shit son. I’ll need to give this a run soon.

Congrats on crossing the finish line, not many make it accross it

Still need help with pallets? I can do those no problem

Sorry for the late reply but nope, we got all the palettes worked out if you are talking about generic enemy palettes.
Also, allegedly the patch stops at 18 for some reason,. However I have tested the patch on a clean rom and it certainly makes it to 19 instead of vanilla FE7 18x. So if anyone can confirm or deny this it would be great.
Also I’m thinking of inserting variable tactician portraits over unused slots so if anyone has a face they want in post it and I’ll consider throwing it in for the patch on Saturday.

Fun bug spotted: If you reach chapter 20 and Cynthia hasn’t been recruited, you get this:

EDIT: Actually I should point out I played past the chapter you recruit Cynthia in with an older version of the patch, so if this has been fixed already I apologize, but hey, I got a Berserker with a spear.

EDIT2: Found an infinite gold glitch. Since Chapter 20x gives you money before the prep screen, you can save at the prep screen, reset, and then collect the gold again, and then save, reset, collect the gold again, etc.

hello i have one question you can made is final boss animation one generic for use it?

Yes this is a known bug cause I galactic brained on her recruit IDs.
As for the final boss animation its not public yet but it probably will be more than likely.
Also this post is to let people know I’ve updated the first post and the correct final(1.0) patch is up in the initial post.
Please play and leave feedback thank you very much.

1 Like

Oh, Tact. The game is currently being LPed on SA, in case you didn’t know.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3863212

Almost gave me a heart attack when i saw your avatar and the words “v1 final out”

I have a bug report from MythosDragon over at Something Awful. Apparently some weird dialogue pops up at the end of turn 6 in chapter 4x.

Screenshot

Just started playing it. This hack looks really nice.

Can i have recuitment guide please ?

I find it really hard to believe that a fully complete, full-length custom hack would just fly under the radar for 99% of the people in the FE community. I hadn’t even heard of this hack until Jack/Solus bumped it. Have I just missed the discussion? Was this hack like a leaf in the wind, just came and gone?

I downloaded but haven’t played it yet. Some random thoughts:

• The OP looks ugly. It seems Tact still visits; maybe consider cleaning up those broken spoiler tags?
  • The OP gives me some screenshots and a title, but I have no idea what this hack is about. That might be why I’ve never heard of it. Despite clearly having a lot of love put into it in the development department, the actual ‘broadcasting’ of the hack was really poor. Just six years ago a completed hack would have been monumental, now it’s like a dime a dozen thing. That blows my mind.
  • Consider adding a story synopsis? Look at some other hacks, like Vision Quest or Sun God’s Wrath and see how they structure their OP’s. A better presentation would definitely draw more eyeballs.

It’s criminal that a fully finished hack has gotten this little attention.

3 Likes

I hope you enjoy it despite its issues.

As for the recruitment guide I don’t like giving out the exact ways to do it since the vast majority of characters are pretty easy, but for the more difficult characters I will give some hints. In 15x be on the look out for a strange tile and consider sending a unit to check it out. as for the most difficult character to recruit fight her with one of her friends that you recruit in chapter 17 and then once again in chapter 18.

And it being fully complete is a bit of misinterpretation. The main story is complete for sure, but in the version you downloaded there are bugs,typos and the like and supports are sadly missing. I’ve thought about fixing that but Life has gotten in the way so far. Don’t let that stop you from playing it though, I think its enjoyable as is. If I ever get time I would like to finish polishing it of course.

8 Likes

You’re too modest. Even without “polish” you’ve made a strong game. I need to finish the hack sometime.

4 Likes

So Lord can recuit anyone right ? I will nor recuit the difficult character because she is a girl ~

The lord will recruit most characters that need to be recruited through convos yes. In any exceptions it is stated through dialogue who needs to do the recruiting.

Wouldn’t be the first time

2 Likes

Not sure when the hack was posted or the last comment made, so sorry for the necro just in case, but in Chapter 5, The Revolutionaries, Negu and Gerwulf’s C support triggered the dialogue from Kent and Sain’s, thought i should point it out.

That’s normal, I don’t think there are any custom support convos implemented but the support bonuses still work fine.