Fire Emblem: Exalted Legacy

<3 Awesome!

downloads

i love how thereā€™s an old lady whoā€™s like ā€œshall we give chase?ā€ also shouldnt it be macedion to which the soldiers in chapter 1 belong to? i mean there captain is a wyvren rider and there distinctly macedion.

Told you this in the chat you posted this in, but on the screen where you select one of 4 you can get to your other team members by scrolling through the unit summarys. Makes the cursor derp out if you exit on someone who isnā€™t on the map.

Updated the patch actually to make Marth actually Level 1 this time, and gave Gordin a boost to his bases.

1 Like

The steel hasta weapon description does really wired things to the graphics if you leave the weapon description box open. (the longer it sits open, the worse it gets)

This just in: this hack is pretty cool so far.

(Also, are you still looking for a ā€˜soft weapon lockā€™ ASM? Iā€™ve been working on such a thing and I could finish one for this hack if youā€™d like)

Hm. On the ā€˜pick a unitā€™ chapter, a Grustian Fleet spawned in at the lower-left edge on the second player phase. Iā€™d killed Pierre just after the first ship - the southeast one - spawned, but before any others had.

The Sentry in Chapter 2 near the north village has an Iron Axe he canā€™t use - he should be a Knight or have a lance, I figure. And in the house in the northwest, just to the east of Gomer, thereā€™s just Cain saying ā€˜Command me to attack!ā€™ Same with the other houses, and Darrosā€™s battle quote with Gomer - they all use Sainā€™s tutorial lines. Or is that just a placeholder?

Hahah. Great glitch with the fleet. Iā€™ll have to look into that one.

and also hereā€™s some copypasta from Serenes

RE: Gender balance & cast changes

Yes, Edwyn is in fact Sedgar. Next to him is Rasha, the replacement for Roshea. Some of the characters have gotten sex changes to (itā€™s all the rage in Archanea - just like Iran).

Regine is a prepromoted Rogue female variant of Rickard.

Original characters have largely been for the purpose of class diversity and gender balance (all 6 are female), and many are tied up with the limited unit selection mechanic. The game is being developed with that in mind, in order to cut down on the sheer number of playable units while improving unit diversity. There will only be 50 playable characters per playthrough.

Having given it more thought and a recount, I think Iā€™m going to re-cut Bord and Cord. Dice (who was going to be a Berserker) will now be the gameā€™s Brawler unit (GBAFE Fighter, whereas the Fighter class is FE10-style). Ymir will go Berserker (he was a Warrior originally).

And even with the changes Iā€™ve already made, itā€™s still only a 37% female cast. With that in mind, Iā€™ve decided to more liberally offer sex changes to characters who were cut in FE3 (Roger, Beck, Darros). Say hello to Rosaria, Beitrice, and Darcy.

Ran some numbers calculating the percentages and everything: these changes bring me up to ~42% of the cast being female. For reference, the original FE1 had a cast that was 21% female (so itā€™s basically been doubled), and Shadow Dragon barely moved the needle to 23% (because thatā€™s what happens when you add a bunch of dudes to a cast with a bunch of dudes).

#SocialJustice: The Hack

RE: PRF weapons

Gaggle Bow (2MT negates def) for Gordin.
Broadsword (armorslayer) for Ogma.
Wing Spear (reaver) for Caeda.
Excalibur for Merric/Wendell.
Aura for Linde.
Liuye Dao (6MT Brave +15crit) for Navarre.
Ranseur (dragonslayer) for Frey.
Something for Minerva.
Viking Axe for Dice.
Something sick for Maris.
Grimoire for Etzel.

PRFs get 45 uses.

Basically what Iā€™d do with a weapon locks array.

1 Like

Iā€™ve been considering introducing sporadic Interlude chapters (so like between Ch8 and Ch9, thereā€™s an interlude where you get to have units talk and restock on a boat, for example), and having talk events in regular chapters kickstart chains of events that will unlock a bunch of these PRFs. Low deployment slots in the interludes will force you to choose which ones to pursue (the chains will be one in-chapter and two interludes to get the item, and there will be three/maybe four interlude chapters so you can get most of them certainly).

Something like this as a sample.

1 Like

Awesome. Going to give this a shot now!

So who the hell is Dice anyway? Iā€™m from PAL region so the name might be different or something.

I also donā€™t see why the female cast should be so high - while Iā€™m all for equity and stuff, Iā€™m just worried that gender changes will go somewhat wrong. Then again, I guess Iā€™ll trust you with that, since creative liberties have never resulted in anything bad so far. http://puu.sh/1rd0t.png

Erm, why did you change the hackā€™s name anyway? I thought the Legend of Marth was pretty cool and more descriptive.

As for Malledus, Iā€™d prefer if the transport was tied into Marth. Itā€™s just so much more hassle-free and works well.

Dice and Malice are from Mystery of the Emblem and Broadcast System FE. Neither of them appear in the original FE1 or Shadow Dragon.

Thank you!
downloads

Whole lot of drama going down over on SF. Letā€™s talk about something fifty times more interesting than drama:

Llama.

(Also, Iā€™m making progress on a soft/hard weapon lock array; Iā€™ll let you know when itā€™s done!)

1 Like

Stay salty, SF : p

(Arch, Iā€™m almost done with Nagi~)

Ooh, an alpha? DLā€™s

Also, is that a ā€œ???ā€ I see on the comp sheet? Intriguingā€¦

Always with the drama on SF. I was hoping to have some sort of discussion, but I probably contributed more to it in my haste. Alas. Did you have anything to say on the possibility of Sheema being a playable character (or a cameo, though I believe you were already considering that)

Interlude chapters sound cool. GAGGLE BOW. By the way, with Castor, are you supposed to be able to recruit him with Marth? You can initiate a talk with him, and it sounds like a recruitment, but he doesnā€™t actually join you.

sneaky trying to hide it by the way - well you did mention it on SF

Pink K as avatar is clearly the best.

In every rendition of FE1, heā€™s been recruited by Caeda
Soā€¦ Iā€™m fairly certain you are not supposed to use Marth do achieve this

Iā€™m aware, and I figured that would be the case, but he says something along the lines of ā€œI wish to add my bow to your strength.ā€ to Marth but he doesnā€™t actually join. Itā€™s a little weird, no?

I feel this is something obvious, so itā€™ll be fixed, but in the chapter where you get Lena, the objective is kill boss, yet the chapter ends only when you seize that one tile.

I feel like the reinforcements in Chapter 2 arrive too late, or itā€™s too easy to get to the west edge of the map before they spawn. When I first played it, I had killed all but two of the enemies (three counting the unarmed Sentry) and had parked Caeda next to the boss with her Wing Spear equipped. Then suddenly half a dozen guys spawn in on enemy phase all around me. Wouldā€™ve had to restart if Caeda hadnā€™t dodged a 70% hit from the second boss.

Same thing happened when Gomer called in the rest of his crew, enemies appearing on enemy phase right next to everybody, but that wasnā€™t too bad. Apart from that the map was pretty easy; the northeast part in particular seems pratically deserted.

When bishops attack. I figured this was fantastic enough to post.

2 Likes