Fire Emblem Devotion's Price Fe8 rom hack

I’m new here so I don’t exactly know what I am doing, but if this works there should be a link to a rom hack I’m working on by myself. Unique concepts would be third tier classes and an attempt at a 50 chapter hack. For anyone that stumbles across this hack please give it a try there are 26 playable chapters with quite a few bugs (as I said I’m new)

2 Likes

Sharing ROMs is not allowed.
Make a patch and share the patch.

3 Likes

Hail, friend. Quick memo.

The link you have posted leads to a .GBA file. This is a GBA ROM. By posting this link, you are contributing, unintentionally, to piracy. This is technically a violation of copyright laws due to the fact that it is based off of an FE8 ROM.

What you need to do instead is acquire the .UPS patch for your ROM hack and then upload that instead. .UPS patches are perfectly legal. They are used to “patch” ROMs (i.e. tell the device to load specific code different than the original). So for example, if I want to play Hack A of Fire Emblem 8, I’d need to acquire Hack A’s .UPS file, then use a program (most people use NUPS, it is free and legal) on your PC to patch that .UPS file onto an FE8 ROM. You then have your ROM hack.

Hopefully this helps you out! And don’t feel bad, it’s a common rookie mistake. Just acquire the UPS patch and edit/make a new post with that in it.

1 Like

tbh I literally don’t know how to make UPS file

2 Likes

If you’re using FEBuilder it has an option to create the patch:

Otherwise use a program like NUPS

1 Like

Good job on removing the link yourself.
And there are numerous tutorials. Become familiar with both them and the rules of the forum should you plan on staying.

2 Likes

so I created an .UPS file but I don’t know how share it either the file time isn’t compatible or posts don’t allow links

1 Like

In order to post links you need a certain trust level, just engage a little bit whith the comunity and you should get it soon.

2 Likes

I checked your hack and I noticed stolen assets, you HAVE to change it because the assets from these hacks mentioned below are not F2U (free to use).

here is the list

Chase → Cajon (Vision Quest)
Vision Quest-43

Elijah → Fritz (Sword of Heaven and Earth)
Tenchi no Tsurugi-8

Wynne → Erika (Sword of Heaven and Earth)
Tenchi no Tsurugi-9

Sally → Diana (Sword of Heaven and Earth)
Tenchi no Tsurugi-10

Grayson → Marlen (Vision Quest)
Vision Quest-44

Claire → Anisa (Vision Quest)
Vision Quest-47

Phoebe → Karen (Sword of Heaven and Earth)
Tenchi no Tsurugi-11

my suggestion is to check the repository here for free to use assets to replace these portraits

3 Likes

I’d give him the doubt benefit, if he’s a noob he may not know how the asset “property” works

50 chapters?!

Please don’t. You’ll drop off. Start with something smaller to lean how FEBuilder works. More is often not better

1 Like

50 chapters is not recommended in a hack unless it’s a very long long story and you can’t condense it.

the hack will probably not end up being 50 chapters. While that is my original goal there might not be enough story to fill up 50 chapters.

Add chapters to fit the story, not story to fit the chapters. The best hacks I’ve played were relativelly short. Don’t force yourself to pad the game unnecesairly.

2 Likes

Thank you I fixed them now if I made that mistake anywhere else just tell me.