Fire Emblem: Death or Glory Version 2.5

You may want to change the the way this Myrm spawns.

Thanks for that L95. Will take into note.

Ah ha, found another thing.

Milā€™s death quote is kinda silly : P

The boss quote is weird tooā€¦

GAAAAAAAAAY

Both of them.

I canā€™t open the door cā€™:

(yes, I also tried the tile below that one)

(If Iā€™m dumb and on the wrong tile someone please tell meā€¦)

So I skipped the chest (ā€¦I hope there is nothing good in it) there is Matthewā€™s line of text at the prep screen in the next chapter saying he canā€™t come along. (He is not actually restricted from going into this chapter)

Ah, the door should work. I think the reason why itā€™s not working is cuz the ID probably ended when you resume the chapter. Did you resume the chapter?

The ID is set to 40 and I remember reading like 0x3F or more are ids that must be used during the first time playing it. If you resume after you stop, it ends for some reason. I changed the ID now and it should deft work.
It was a blue gem anyways.

I will have to look at the death quote again for Mil. Thatā€™s a little too weird lol.

For Matthews quote, I didnā€™t know how to get rid of it permanently. Even if I delete the text, his mug will still pop up. He is not restricted. You can use him in that chapter.

I never use the suspend/resume feature on an emulator. Would restarting the chapter cause it? I probably did that.

(I figured Matthew was something hard to change)

EDIT: Oh, should note, Milā€™s death quote is normal when you recruit him, his death quote is only weird when he dies as a NPC

Yes, restarting it will do that as well.

I will release another patch asap cuz that door needs to be functional.

Yes, I figured as much. I was just looking at it and it was pointed to another value in Feditor. I fixed it now so that both NPC and PC should have the same death quote.

Updated patch release in the OP.

Some stuff I noticed

• Iā€™m on like ch 8 and donā€™t have a mage yet, while shops are selling tomes? Maybe someone died and I didnā€™t notice o_O Also it kinda sucks not having a merchant yet with the various stuff being handed out.
  • On chapter 7, the doors to the throne room wonā€™t actually unlock in-chapter, though they do in the ending cutsceneā€¦ I assume itā€™s intentional, but kind of a troll to find out the hard way
  • Badrick has Bartreā€™s death quote, if Iā€™m not mistaken
  • Rinoa gets too much exp IMO, sheā€™s at like lv 18 while the rest of the party is at 12
  • Yeah it would be pretty cool if you could actually get rid of Abnerā€™s event on the talk screen instead of him just saying something dumbā€¦ I thought weā€™d figured out how to kill all those tutorial events by now
  • Generally I like how the writing goes, but thereā€™s a lot of ā€œ'd ofā€ stuff going on - itā€™s ā€œ'd haveā€ ffs and that especially stands out when itā€™s nobles talking. Iā€™ve noticed some other typos but didnā€™t keep track :frowning:
  • WTF is with Melanieā€™s lines? Is she supposed to be like potty-mouth Noire or something

In chapter 5, you should get a mage. Unless you killed a soldier before an event happen in the middle of the map. I have to fix it and put another event that will work no matter what.

Yes thatā€™s intentional. If you can open it, you as the player will be slaughtered by the Brutes.

Will fix that very soon.

I believe I have her exp set to 14 or 15. I can deft lower it to about 10 or 11.

Yes, I have to go back and see those errors. Canā€™t believe I didnā€™t catch most of them.

Lol Melanie is a very very strange woman. Bipolar at its best haha.

Also, probably doesnā€™t need a ā€œfixā€ but the chapter after you get Melanie (the one with the bridges) can be flier-skipped for a 5-turn, though itā€™s a little iffy around the boss (my Ragnar had to make 3 hits at 62 displayed, and would survive enemy phase with 2hpā€¦ maybe it would work better with Agro). It was a little amusing because most of these maps have been more like 15 turns for me, just because of how the combat is tweaked (so yeah, nice map design I guess?).

Edit: Are you actually supposed to be able to get the top-right chest on Ch 11? That was difficult and tedious because itā€™s not feasible to actually take out that boss-looking dude.

Edit: Kassia has Priscillaā€™s death quote, and Senka has no death quote at all.

UPDATE!

Finally had time to sit and work on the hack for a bit before I get busy with my personal life.

Ladies and Gentlemen,
We have a world map in play now so I can incorporate world map events into DoG!

Made by yours truly.

4 Likes

i can wait the part 2 is awesome

Damn, it has been a loooonnnnnng time. Iā€™ve finally got the time to slowly get back into DoG and Iā€™m currently getting help from the community on this. There has been so much contribution lately, itā€™s amazing. Thank you to all the fans, contributors and huge thanks for Ghast to help out big time.

I feel that this should get a small update. Behold a new portrait for our hero!

Old New

Credits: Kon for portrait / CobyTheGoober for frames & chibi

Lots of updates, progress, and testers on the move as speak to get this project flowing at a slower pace. Itā€™s much better than a dead one lol. Hopefully we can keep the pace to get this project to the end!

6 Likes

This reminded me that I need to finish up the next chapter. I know I said it earlier but this really is a sweet hack.

sweeettttt

Digginā€™ the subtle hair touches, but the eyebrows arenā€™t doinā€™ it for me.
The trim on the chest also looks weird, like itā€™s either not conforming to proper light-sourcing or the perspective is off on it.
Collar also could use some cleaning up just so the area is easy to read, like, is it one collar, two sets?
Even though they were spliced, I also prefer the original pauldrons as well.

Me being an anal-spriter aside, I enjoy more proper narrative hacks, good luck and I look forward to future releases.

1 Like

Thank you guys! Hopefully I get enough updates soon to show more of this hacks progress. It deft will be more than just a portrait lol.

2 Likes