Fire Emblem: Dark Lord and The Maiden of Light

That’s some nice portraits and alterations based on the DLATMOL cast. They look really impressive if you ask me. Like the Promoted change of what they look like.

1 Like

thanks man! that was exactly the idea!

I was playing them with their original portrait, and only changed it to the new one when promoted

Well, I’m glad you liked the game. My characters look the way they do for a reason but that’s still pretty neat with what you did. Also, since you say you’re messing with FEbuilder, good luck if you plan to do your own hack eventually.

4 Likes

thanks!

yeah man! Thanks. I never meant to propose a change to the original game, the original really works amazingly! Just wanted to do a personal edit for myself and share it with you guys because I really liked the characters

I dont intend to do a hack myself but I do collaborate with some projects with art and animation, also hope to do more art for the Resource Repository

3 Likes

I can send the modified ROM for you or someone who is interested in playing and judging the changes. But I wont put an UPS modification patch in respect for the original hack :blush:

2 Likes

Don’t do that. Distribution of pre-patched roms is against the rules.

1 Like

Yeah maybe make your own project next time instead of hijacking an existing one lol

2 Likes

ok ! Wont redistribute it wasnt my intetion

It also wasnt my intention to ´´hijack`` anything… as I said, just a customization I did for myself

1 Like

Chandra is intended to be ugly , i must say…

2 Likes

I consider not making this a word wall but fuck it! if you can spend all this time making a fan game for no other reason than just to do it, the least I can do is praise it.

First off things I didn’t like. (wow look nothing!)

Alright first I loved how our main guy is called a tactician, and he actually does smart strategic moves. too many characters in media are called smart, and don’t do smart things and don’t beat odds our lovely tactician however does and I adore him/myself all the more for it. Second everyone has supports and they’re finished. if there’s one thing that really breaks my immersion playing a romhack it’s when some supports are done and others are not. it really throws me off and hurts the immersion.
Not here though. so many supports and so many high-quality supports made this rom hack an absolute treat! may Naga bless you for actually making the dragon unit fun to use and actually good in a fight by making the dragonstone infinite. Oh my God, I cannot believe that Fire Emblem has not done this already. (OK so I guess there’s like Corrin and is in his dragon stone but shut up I’m talking). Really liked Kiri as a character my God that’s C support between Fresia and Kiri. So many good supports that really make the characters deep. and those final ten chapters my God the plot twist the unexpected allies it was amazing it felt like a final act of a Fire Emblem game I adored just about everything in the final ten chapters it was good before don’t get me wrong, but man did it just take a wild turn. Let me tell you.
I also have to praise you for really making me think I knew a character by looking at their portrait and then just being surprised. I was certain that Ronaldo was going to betray Orion. I felt it in my bones I’ve seen this before I’m a fire emblem veteran, but no I was wrong he’s actually a rat-faced king. An absolute legend I love the guy. when I figured out that my expectations had been played with I knew this was gonna be a ROM hack that actually was gonna have that writing quality I just love to see. A bit of niche price that I think is also needs to be from your way is and I love Orion’s fighting animation and secondly I love how it’s actually mentioned and multiple supports people talk about how absolutely wild the way he fights is and not only do they mention it. In Ronaldo’s support you actually learn how that wasn’t something that had to be done but let me tell you it endeared me so much to him I learned a lot about Orion why his fighting style is so much different, that’s quality craftsmanship right there.
Side note but I actually let Ty die because I thought he was just going to be a one note justice character. boy did uhhh… yeah sorry Ty I’m just used to piss poor right writing I’m so sorry. he was so much deeper than I thought. but not as deep as the Lance that went through his chest. he will be missed. OK, but how about someone who doesn’t miss. So about the Durga question. I knew I was gonna really like this character when in your commentary you said you had a lot of fun writing her, because man she is both intimidating and fun too go up against. I don’t know why is it because she has a little bit more depth than most other antagonists? Is it because she’s been shown to be such a force of nature that actually beating her, with the ice bucket challenge felt so satisfied and it felt like a real victory over her? I’m not sure but I pretty much was always happy when Durga was on screen minus the time that she was Attempting to kill me of course.

Yeah, in summary I don’t think there’s a single bad character simple characters sure but not badly written. also the jokes were pretty funny. whenever the bandits were on screen I swear to God there was a 5050 chance that I’m saying something funny. when they show up and bail you out and are singing I couldn’t believe my eyes. it was so damn funny but later I realized I had actually experienced the greatest humiliation any fire emblem player could have. I WAS SAVED BY BANDITS!. Bandits have one purpose in Fire Emblem and this is to die or be recruited and then die because I have too many axe users. So the fact that I was bailed out by them haunts my dreams I cry waking up knowing that I have been saved by bandits and I’ll never recover.

Final note to serve as the Saul Goodman for Durga these people who say she’s a “murderer” or a “pro genocide” person with no character development. I point to exhibit A of the title card where if you have A support with Durga and the tactician she drags you out of your man cave to go out and win the war this is surprising since she loves war the idea of bringing the greatest military mind to go handle it would greatly lower the time the war would go on. if that’s not character development I don’t know what is.

amazing Romack absolutely adored it, it was a great experience, Cheers Mate!

5 Likes

A Sherie and Shermie supposed to have a super-quick building support? I’m on chapter 9 and I’m already unlocking their A-rank support.

Well, I feel humbled after reading that. Glad you enjoyed.

Yeah, that was intentional

2 Likes

The fact that Darius has a separate recruitment conversation when Francine talks to him fills me with joy. Not sure if you’d call that an Easter Egg, but either way it’s hilarious

Looking at my roster. Apparently I forgot to recruit Horton. Not sure how that happened.

Oh well, I already have too many sword users as it is.

Hey, quick question.

Summary

Can you speak to Gamliel on chapter 17 with Jenna? I didn’t include her in my party for that chapter, but I’m assuming she’d recognize him. Also, this isn’t my first time playing the game, so don’t worry about spoilers. I’ve already cleared the game once.

Spoiler

You can, and she does recognize him. The convo ends with her trying to kill him, and him warping out of the map before she can do so.

Figures, that’s about what I was expecting. Kinda bummed that I missed it, so thanks for filling me in.

Quick question;

Summary

In Final-3: Maximillian, does the ending dialogue change depending on the order Fuwades and Maximillian are defeated in?

Can you send the ups patch?

I can´t! Its not permited by the rules of the community