Fire Emblem: Dark Dragon Reborn [COMPLETE]

No, it’s not intentional. That’s actually a remnant of the Longbow being exclusive to Archers and Snipers, but I decided to let any bow user wield it. I must’ve forgotten to change the values for the Longbow+ and the Archer class, so it was exclusive to them on accident.

I updated the downloads to version 2.3 to fix the error. You could also just open the ROM in FEBuilder and go to the Longbow+, then deselect the “Athos Lock” checkbox. Whatever works best for you.

2 Likes
Spoilers and bug report

Marth’s promotion was a bit visually glitchy for me; it had a diagonal line of black pixels going across the screen. Also, he had his promoted class sprite both before and after he turned around during the promotion animation.

I like the fact he promotes here, though, as it gives him a bit of a boost.

Yeah, the visuals aren’t perfect. I just copy and pasted the data from Eirika and Ephraim’s promotions from FE8 since I wasn’t confident in doing it any other way. As for his sprite, it actually doesn’t change at all, similar to Leif and Roy. I thought it would be too much to use another animation from the Repository, especially since Marth’s animations stay consistent in all of his games anyways.

1 Like

So, is there a reason why units only gain six exp when they heal instead of eleven?

EXP from staves is much lower than normal to account for units gaining EXP from battle even if they deal no damage. For Priests and Clerics, this means they gain about as much EXP as an FE8 Trainee class does in battle (~30 if they’re the same level as the enemy). It’s just a reference to the original FE1, where letting your healers get attacked was the only way for them to level up.

It looks good, but I would like it to be in Spanish

2 Likes

Lo siento por mi pobre español, pero no necesitas una traducción de la historia porque es peor que FE11. La interfaz de usuario es lo único importante que no está en español. Pero si entiendes los comandos (Attack=Atacar, Item=Objetos, Wait=Esperar) no es difícil para jugar.

3 Likes

Bien, gracias por responder (OK, thanks for answering).

2 Likes

Good looking hack and ty for the release, how does it compare difficulty wise vs FE11 H5?

1 Like

I would say that this game’s Hard Mode is easier in the early-mid game, but has a potentially more difficult late game compared to FE11 H5. Endgame units don’t have forged weaponry, but they do have offensive stats in the mid 20’s and sometimes even capped stats. But the units you recruit typically start out stronger than their FE11 counterparts, so your army can keep up with the scaling enemies even if you suffer some losses along the way.

Normal mode is much easier though, probably comparable to FE11 H2 or H3 at worst.

3 Likes

@Merpin Ty for this hack!

1 Like