FIRE EMBLEM - Code of the Black Knights: Decisive Edition (30 chapters)

it probably loaded a residual ID from something else you did into the learned skill slot, I think he’s supposed to learn triangle adept or something at 15

He gets elbow room at level 15 which give +3 damage in open field. I guess it’s a good bug so i decided to keep the drive atk.

Any funny suprise i should know in chapter 12? I know they have secret shop.

Edit : eh my game crashed as i was going to promote Noir. Noooooo.

oh my gosh this was a journey and a half, but a fun one nonetheless. i had to take a several week break from the game just to beat certain chapters, and i thought the final boss was impossible with how scarce my team was at the time, but i pulled through.

i was told to post my best units, so i’m showing my best 2 (alive) units:

Crescent

Crescent was really good in this run, picking off opponents left and right with the S-rank bow. she actually ended up landing the final blow on the final boss with it via a Luna proc, which felt real satisfying to land (thank goodness for no nihil)
more often than not, she’d proc a skill in combat, whether it was sure shot or luna with her absurdly high skill, making using her all the more fun.

Jin

Jin was incredibly helpful from the chapter he joined, being the only one who could stand up to a Hero without getting one rounded, and he only got better as time went on. the only place he fell flat was during the final boss, but so did most everyone else, so i think he gets a pass.
the S-rank tome combined with Fury made him a menace on enemy phase, given its effects.
now, if you’ll excuse me, i’m gonna take a very long break before replaying this game again for the different paths.

3 Likes

Yeah Crescent are great. Come to think of it both archer class are really great here, both are nasty killers.

1 Like

I just started playing your rom hack and I just wanted to say so far I’m a massive fan of it especially since you made a reference to one of my favorite gaming series in chapter 3 with zero, so yeah so far I give this heck a 9/10

I just ran into an issue with one of the endgame chapters, which I detailed in my video below. Obvious spoiler warning, all under the cut.

Summary

I went to Endgame C via failing 26B, and killed Layton for the second time. While he went through his whole resurrection thing, he just… despawned completely. No new Layton showed up on the map or status screen. I tried reducing enemy count before killing Layton to circumvent enemy cap, checked certain tiles, nothing. There’s no footage of Endgame C which is why I tried it out, so I’m not sure if I messed up somewhere, and I don’t know what the root cause of the issue is.

There was also a random Druid at the start of the map with Layton’s name and portrait, but given how Jaeger showed up in the Jin/Rose chapter as a defeatable NPC I wasn’t quite sure what to make of it.

https:// youtu.be/1IFuRYNQwFU

(it says I can’t put links in post, just remove the space)

It seems my second playthrough of this game has a tendency to find glitches galore.

More bug reports

This time, for route A! Just the last two chapters, though.

29A - I think Canto+ has a wacky interaction with the switch trigger somehow. Here I used Cecil after killing the Sniper on the other side of the wall and had him wait.

Then… this happens.

Rank shows up, Noir can learn Resolve. At least the next floor loads properly next Player Phase, but at the price of Cecil completely disappearing from the map. Weird. I haven’t tested the other switches on the next floor, but I’ve tested it with the enemies on the 2nd floor’s switches; it seems to happen as long as Cecil attacks while on a switch.

Now for endgame A, which is arguably a much more major issue.

For some reason, I just get the instant death weapons. One of them has 65 uses for some reason? They work as ‘intended’ weapon-wise when used by my dark magic users, with the 0 use ones breaking after one combat. I don’t really know how or why they ended up in my convoy.

Can’t deny the fun of having a benched Sei one-shot White Weapon though. This does completely remove any difficulty from the map, as if the variety of ways to one-turn it with some combination of Staves and/or Angel wasn’t enough as is.

On a side note, I also ran into one other glitch that I forgot to record in Chapter 17; if you defeat Lilia, and an enemy occupies her fort (due to wanting to heal) during the cutscene where she warps Vert, the cutscene softlocks; she doesn’t teleport in front of Vert, with the teleport animation playing near the top of the map. Vert never warps, and the game does nothing.

EDIT: endgame a inventory glitch is worse than I thought. what happened here

Is there any map for the secret shops?

The amount of wasted items is absolutely infuriating. You have very few units at the beginning of the game, no Merchant Cart, many enemies drop things, and after the chapters you keep getting gift items from NPCs. I just had to discard FIVE ITEMS at the beginning of chapter 3 because the 5 gifts were given to the two main lords, who already had their inventories full.

Otherwise, the game seems fine.

1 Like

I am curious anyone knows why Liam hates angel that he wouldn’t join without her

Ps: I have replayed this game like 30 times it’s the most detailed game ever

Code of the Black Knights_1666891577360
Code of the Black Knights_1666911199760
Code of the Black Knights_1666911192959

Having played this game 30 times i am just trolling the game at this stage best game evee

2 Likes

Just finished Endgame D. Damn, the feels

Summary

Schwarze died, Noir lived. Layton was a fun final boss- not super challenging, but very rewarding spiritually. Ch 26 was WAY harder than the actual endgame

So i replayed the game and went for Endgame B. I did the thing with the thing (you know the thing) to reveal the final boss, and-

Spoiler

isn’t there supposed to be a final boss here? i can’t erase the weapon when there’s no weapon to erase.
i’ve restarted this chapter 3 times. He shows up in the opening cutscene. he doesn’t show up at all after breaking the barrier all 3 times, and i die to the endless reinforcements. reloading the chapter doesn’t help. soft resetting doesn’t help. i haven’t hard skipped any of the cutscenes either. until i can find a way to fix it, the route’s effectively unwinnable.

Mycahel is no longer working on the game, but if you download FEBuilder you can check to see if the completion flag for spawning it was already triggered.

On chapter 27 (route C), how do I raise the fence? I’ve triggered both the west and east houses, and got a message saying that the fence can now be raised, but I don’t know where on the map I’m supposed to go to do that.

Hey guys, I need help with something on chapter 28 of Route A.

Help with Requirements(Spoiler)

Has anyone figure out the requirements to get Jaeger on route A? I haven’t found anyone on this thread to actually crack the secret but if anyone actually did could you share on it? The dev really kept this a secret on his guides and on his answers relating to that, and even digging on FEBuilder I found his event and the many outcomes but I am a complete newbie at it so I don’t know what the conditionals mean on the code, thats the only secret I have left to discover on this game so I’m really grasping at anything to figure out what are you supposed to do to recruit him. The most obvious requirement being Jaeger alive, but what else? Blaise alive? That’s not enough for him, Minimal kills of King Helman troops? Never go Black Knights route? It could be so many things that I have no idea what to look for here, I suppose the biggest clue would be his knightly ideals but I kept questionable decisions to an absolute low and he still appears as green unit, if anyone with more expertise on FEBuilder or that actually figured out legitly somehow could enlighten me on this, I would be very thankful.

hi im new here,

yhx for the great hack @Mycahel
what make me confuse is at some (random) moment my Zero and liver gain skill renewal, but when I load and do different act the renewal skill didn’t appear?

how it is possible?
is there explanation can I read?

Anyone finish route C? I still can’t figure out how to progress on this chapter, and looking at the chapter in FEbuilder isn’t helping.

I finished it a long time ago, so I might be misremembering, but I activated both houses and that was it? Maybe there is an issue with whom you activate it with or something, but I had no issue opening the gate, maybe moving Schwarze and Noir close to the gates?

I meant to use FEBuilder memory reader (press F5) to check what flags are set when you’re ingame and compare them