FIRE EMBLEM - Code of the Black Knights: Decisive Edition (30 chapters)

Well, Hazel does have some of the best growths in the game.
Anyway, good luck! :smiley:

1 Like

I had a save state at the route split
but the game freezes as soon as I pick one of them (Gayleth one)

1 Like

That happened because the savestate is kind of old. It happened to me too.
Just reset the chapter and everything should be OK!

1 Like

also, choosing kaylethā€™s route will have a cutscene of route A lol
and then it goes normal

1 Like
Spoilers for CH26

That scenario (The cutscene playing exactly as if it was route A) was just the protagonists lying to the Weissholdt guards about how they ā€œcapturedā€ Kayleth.

Also, forgot to mention, if you are playing in the same old save, you might have to deal with the reduced timer again.

1 Like
spoilery

failing the time limit doesnā€™t cause game over now?
entering another route

1 Like

I donā€™t think I have implemented that route yet thoughā€¦
So please, try to complete route B normally first.

1 Like

Hi there, Iā€™m really loving this hack so far. Great job, Mycahel! I just wonder; what are the tier 3 classes in this game and their stat caps? If you donā€™t want to reveal that information, thatā€™s fine. But thanks anyway!

2 Likes

Sure! The caps are going to take me some time to look them up :sweat_smile: Iā€™m just saying these from memory.
Also, I canā€™t reveal all of the classes because, for some of them, just the name is a spoiler. However some of the classes are:

Hero -> Vanguard (Male, gains Luna), Duelliste (Female, gains Astra). Balanced caps around 34.
Paladin and Ranger -> Silver Knight. Balanced caps around 32, geared towards spd/str.
Great Knight -> Gold Knight. Highest cap is def around 35.
Mystic Knight/Valkyrie ->Master Knight. EVERYTHING caps at 30-31.
Swordmaster -> Trueblade (Male), Dread Fighter (Female). Highest cap is spd/skill. They are relatively low to compensate for the huge 2X crit bonus.
Sage -> Archmage (Male), Archsage (Female). Highest cap is spd/mag.
Bishop/Mother -> Messiah/Matriarch. Highest cap is res, around 40.
Druid -> Dark Druid. Highest MAG cap in the game, at 40 for male units.
Warrior ->Reaver. Highest cap is STR, around 38.
Assasin ->Whisper (Male), Arbiter (Female). Highest cap is skill, at 40 for female units.
Rogue -> Red Wizard. Highest cap is speed, at about 38.
FalcoKnight -> Seraph Knight. Highest cap is speed, around 35-36. Their magic cap also rises substantially.
Wyvern Knight -> Apocalypse Rider. Highest cap is speed. Relatively low caps and they lose Canto, but it is replaced for Galeforce.
Wyvern Lord -> Dragon Master. Balanced caps, around 34.

Of course, there are more!
EDIT: Forgot to mention. Every 3-tier class that the game will ever have has already been implemented, so you donā€™t have to worry about your favorite unit staying stuck!

2 Likes

Playtesting for the final version is halfway done! Here are some of the portraits that will be changed in the final version:
Portrait Editor Cobk betatesting.gba_4@04 _S_c_hw_a_r_z_e_01D9773C Portrait Editor Cobk betatesting.gba_155@9B Sonneteer Jin_01D987C0
Aditionally, about 15 tracks and 2 new endings will be added, as well as a new ā€œInterviewā€ mechanic that lets you temporarily hire units, and fixing some plot holes (Which, shockingly, are not spoilers)

Lore Related Plot Holes I spotted
  • Schwarze mentions that Adam gave him Seiken when he knighted him. Actually, by the time Schwarze was knighted, Adam wasnā€™t even the king.
  • Noir mentions in CH13 that Aisen (A background character) used the Rune of Guardians nearly a century ago to kill millions. Lumaeā€™s population was less than 3 million at the time, so this is extremely unlikely.

Big shoutout to Knabepicer for helping me redo some of the mugs!

4 Likes

When final verison release (^o^)/

1 Like

Around a weekā€¦ Unless I get stuck fighting a boss again :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Hey are the 4th tier classes already implemented in the current version? Or only up to Tier 3 without trainee classes? If so, are they available now or just in the final version?

1 Like

There are no trainee classes. It goes like this:

Regular class ->Promoted class-> 3rd tier.

In some cases, such as berserker, there is no 3rd tier. Instead, those classes go up to level 30. Dancer/Bard is a different case, however, because despite being a special class that goes up to 30 they can promote.

1 Like

Why do every enemy have a portrait

1 Like

I wanted enemies to not be too generic, so a friend suggested me I could use portraits by faction!

They feel a little more like actual people if they are not faceless.

3 Likes

I see. But why not the Berserker? Lol I think itā€™s one of the coolest classes and would deserve its own upper tier. Just my opinion. Will you be posting a complete promotion chart?

1 Like

The reason isā€¦ I ran out of space :sweat_smile:

To elaborate: Third tier classes are made by editing existing but unused classes from a hardcoded list, such as ā€œKing Fadoā€ or ā€œUnconscious Nilsā€ . At this point, no more classes can be replaced without removing another class somewhere, and adding new classes by expanding the list is known for breaking the game. Since only two classes were affected, I made a workaround by giving them 30 level cap, raising the stat caps and giving them skills at lv20.

Good idea! I will post one with caps when I release the final version.

2 Likes

Expanding the class list no longer breaks the game so long as Expanded Modular Save is used.

2 Likes

I didnā€™t know that. Whoops :sweat_smile:

2 Likes