Fire Emblem 6, but it plays like FE1 (ver 2.0.1)

That’s because Castor is very low level and the stats are determined by level and class growths. Very low level recruits have basically class base stats.

I believe what LordLouie is commenting on isn’t enemy recruits having stats greater than their class’ base stats, but that their base stats are determined randomly.
iirc, FE1 enemy stats are the class base stats +3HP and +1 str/skl/spd/def/wpnlvl every odd level not including lvl 1 (at level 3, it’d be +3 HP +1 the others, while at level 7 it’d be +9HP, +3 the others, and at level 8 it’d stay at +9HP +3 the others.)
Enemy recruits’ stats are determined using the same method as regular enemies, barring luck where they’re given a random luck stat from 0-7.
This is most evident with the 3 peg sisters:
Pegasus knight class bases: HP 16 | Str 4 | Skl 5 | Wlv 9 | Spd 11 | Lck 0 | Def 6 | Res 0
Catria’s base stats (she’s a lvl 3 peg): HP 19 | Str 5 | Skl 6 | Wlv 10 | Spd 12 | Lck 0-7 | Def 7 | Res 0
Est’s base stats (lvl 5 peg): HP 22 | Str 6 | Skl 7 | Wlv 11 | Spd 13 | Lck 0-7 | Def 8 | Res 0
Palla’s base stats (lvl 8 peg): HP 25 | Str 7 | Skl 8 | Wlv 12 | Spd 14 | Lck 0-7 | Def 9 | Res 0
All in all, this means enemy recruits shouldn’t have random stats besides luck.

So basically enemy recruits should have their bases like a normal enemy’s, but is it even possible to generate their stats like that without messing with their growths?
On a side note, it kinda would buff these characters if implemented, especially in hard mode.

2.0.1 is just out. It only fixes a cosmetic bug.

Interesting idea. I was thinking about playing this, but neither link works.

Google Drive sent the files to the bin for some dumb reason… The links should work now.

1 Like

Hello, I know this is a bit late to the party (a year) but I saw this thread while scavenging for something else and it really caught my eye as a big fe1 and fe6 fan and all the changes mentioned sounded perfect, however it appears the links either version no longer work (both lead to the image attached) and I was curious if you could possibly update the links/repost ones that work? I understand if it’s too late and you do not have them any longer or some other tragic occurrence, but I thought I’d at least mention it and see if it could be found because I really love what I am seeing in descriptions and in the screenshots and would love to play your work. Sorry if this message was a bit long, but thank you for your time if you are reading this and have a great day!

2 Likes

Try downloading it now.

2 Likes

It works! Thank you so much for doing this!

2 Likes