Fire Emblem 11 (Shadow Dragon) Pick My Edits Submission Thread

I’ll change 250 to 215 so it doesn’t overflow above 255. also is that 25% magic as a mage or personal? because funnily enough Merric’s personal magic growth is only 10%

1 Like

as a mage, 215 works I’m not exactly familiar with ds hacking so forgive my error.

1 Like

it’s ok, just put the growths I sent lol, thank

1 Like

Actually i just checked it out, it seems 128 is the personal growth rate limit, which makes sense considering its half of 256 and negative growths exist. I’ll make his growth 125 in this case and give him +2 def and res to compensate

works for me, as long as it’s as high a growth as possible and is functional it’s all good

1 Like

Norne

• Level 1 Myrmidon.
  • C Swords.
  • Joins at the start of Chapter 7.
  • Personal bases: 6 Str/Luck, 4 HP/Res and the rest at 0.
  • Has Shamir’s personal growth rates as her own personal growth rates.
  • Comes with an Iron Sword, an Armorslayer and a Wo Dao.

Catria

• Level 1 Falcoknight.
  • D Swords, C Lances.
  • Same personal bases.
  • Her final growths as a Pegasus Knight/Falcon Knight will be 100/75/0/100/75/75/75/25 HP/Str/Mag/Skill/Spd/Luck/Def/Res.
  • Can use Rapier and Falchion, comes with a Killer Lance and a Rapier.
1 Like

Give archers 6 mobility, 6 base strength, and 7 base agility, and armors/generals +1 mobility.

Make Gomer a dracoknight and give him an iron axe. Make the southmost pirate a pegasus knight with a javelin and make one of the pirates near Gomer a warrior.

I’d count the class changes as 2 seperate classes since its 2 different classes, so you’d have to choose between the 3 changes.
I can probably change some of the generics , but if you know could you tell me what the difference between starting position coordinates and loading position coordinates is? Is it start of cutscene and where the unit actually appears at chapter start? Also will changing generics change any of the reinforcements? My theory is that generics get copied for the reinforcement events, but it might just create them out of thin air in the event.

I suppose go with the archer changes. I can go with the armor changes another day.

I don’t think I changed any coordinates, just classes. I believe you’re right on the coordinates. Enemies would start the map at their loading coordinates and then move towards their standard positions. I believe reinforcements use a separate dispos file than the standard enemy loadout for each chapter, so changing generics in the normal dispos won’t affect them.

1 Like

Changes to Gordin:

Gordin now starts as a level 20 archer. He has 20 in all stats, including HP. He has 20% growths in all stats, too.

Gordin has no weapon level. He starts with an infinite use PRF bow called Twenty. This bow has 20 in all stats. MT, HIT, CRIT, WT, etc. It only has 2 range.

Gordin cannot use any other weapons, only his new Prf bow, Twenty.

That’s all.

1 Like

Weapon level is tied to class, having no weapon level means he’ll just use his classes weapon level. Character weapon level just gets added onto the class weapon level if the classes have it. I’d have to edit another PRF item and change it into the bow. The only viable ones i could change without it effecting much else would be divine stone (the one Tiki uses), Excalibur, Aura, the Aum staff, Hammerne staff, or 0x01 Unknown, but i dunno if that would even work.

Hmm, is adding new weapons pretty hard in DS hacking?

Well all i have to work with is Semi complete Nightmare modules from 2008 with a bit of documentation and half a week worth of experience with them. It may be possible but i’d probably have to do some hex editing, which i got no idea how to do. I think it may be something for another PME in the future.

1 Like

Alright, then ignore that last edit.

Instead: Gordin now has 10 in all stats except HP where he has 20, starts at level 10, and has growths like so:
HP: 10%
DEF: 20%
RES: 30%
LUK: 50%
MAG: 60%
SKL: 70%
SPD: 80%
STR: 90%

He starts with the iron and steel bow, like usual.

We offensive archer now, boys.

3 Likes

How about we give Castor the class he deserves? Make him a thief with an E rank in Swords.
Just give him an extra 20% to his personal growths and +2 to his personal bases.

5 Likes

Sweet, good to know that my idea is still plausible!
Anyhow, unsure if I get an additional 2 edits since I didn’t make any last time, so I’ll just assume I can, and if I cannot, I’ll remove it from this post.

Retracted 1st Edit

1st edit, Hardin gets influenced by the Darksphere a taaaaaad too early, and becomes crazy and very murderous. He is now a General with 50 HP, and 20 in every stat but Magic and Luck, and he wields the Gradivus… And also, he’s an enemy unit now, who shows up at every map after Chapter 4 as a random non-boss enemy. Where he is, when he spawns on the map, his behavior, and everything else is your decision… so be as cruel as you want with him, cause he’ll be there now.

2nd Edit

2nd edit, all “Killer” weapons now have 4 less Might, but are compensated with a +30 to their Critical Hit rate, save for the Wo Dao, which just gets the +30 Crit bonus (hey Swordmasters need something).

3rd Edit

Remember Kannival? That boss in Chapter 8 with the greatest smirk known to man in FE3? Yeah he deserves better than being a dinky Armor Knight… So here’s how we make him absolutely terrifying.

He is now a Mercenary, but that will work out for him since Knight bases are garbo and Mercenary bases are HOO BOY levels of crazy. Though just so he isn’t unbeatable, he has -4 personal speed… but to compensate, he now has +8 Magic.
He comes equipped with a Silver Sword, as well as his droppable Levin Sword… And at last, he’s fulfilled his dream… of being able to use his most favorite weapon!

4th Edit (accompanies edit 3)

In Chapter 8, Kannival with his newfound power, has realized the inadequacy of Knights, and so… he has replaced every Knight in his map with a Mercenary instead! Their levels are the same as the knights, and their equipment will be based off of their original weapons (If they have Iron Lance, they get Iron Sword), save for Javelins, which are turned into Levin Swords. Is this chapter hell now? Most definitely.

2 Likes

Alright so i like the idea of the first edit but i’m just one guy and having to add a hardin to every map would take a while, especially since i have no idea how to change the AI and generals will probably get +1 move tomorrow. So this may be another candidate for a future PME when i’m a bit more experienced. Sorry
2nd Edit works fine, technically would be 5 edits for 5 weapons but since its all in line and a minor change, and barely anyone edited items so far i’ll allow it as one change.
3rd Edit Easily doable
4th Edit. I’ll be able to change the initial armor knights, but not the reinforcements. Is that okay? I’d honestly just merge this into one edit aswell, so you can have 2 more edits

And to Merpin: Thief Beaver sounds hilarious

2 Likes

That’s perfectly fine, sorry that I was a bit too ambitious with my ideas, been a while since I’ve looked at Nightmare, so I wasn’t sure of the limitations it had.

Since the 1st edit isn’t plausible, leave Hardin for someone else to edit, and I’m perfectly content with the 4th edit’s lack of Merc reinforcements. So long as Mercenaries appear on the map, that’s dandy.

2 Likes

First edit: Have Matthis and Hardin trade places and give Matthis total bases of 30 HP, and 12 all across the board for every other stat, and B in both ranks.

Second edit: Give Tomas Louise’s base stats from FE7 with FE8 Tana’s total growths but have him join as an armor knight

Third edit: Give Wendell 8 in all his personal bases but -4 personal speed

Are you able to give any class the
Thief utility? I was wondering if you could make Hardin a manakete with personal growths, 50% HP, 30% strength, 60% magic, 40% skill, 40% speed, 20% defense, 30% luck and 55% resistance with starting bases lvl 1, 15HP, 2 strength, 4 magic, 3 skill, 4 speed, 4 luck, 1 defense, 2 resistance and 6 mov. Inventory will come with magestones(he will be a magical dragon). And then my second edit would be to have him be able to steal and be able loot like a thief if at all possible? Thanks!!