FEU Logo Design Contest: Discussion and Poll

Graphic Design Is My PassionTM

Now that you mention it, it doesn’t look bad.

Just one reservation:

It’s been done before, everyone knows about it, and the previous community to use this design and color scheme got shut down for hacking Nintendo games.

3 Likes

Yes, because the color purple will be what gets FEU shut down, and not the hundreds of fan projects hosted on the site :thinking:

5 Likes

(I figured this might come up)
I’m not concerned about FEU being shut down or targeted by Nintendo (I mean we’re not making fan games and we’re not highly publicizing our projects.). What I’m saying is the design has been used before quite recently, and I have negative connotations towards it.

project F coming soon to FEU

3 Likes

Melia’s design is nice and I like it, but the color scheme is too contrasted and vibrant and it makes my eyes hurt if I look at it long

While I recognize the upsides of Myst’s design, I think the small logo is too squarish, and too cluttered – the letters straight up bleed into the border. I do really like the take of the “Universe” concept though!

I think Fatih’s is really cool. But to counter the point Arch is saying about it being modern, recent graphic design is shifting towards 2D logos as opposed to 3D logos (e.g. Google’s logo change, new Firefox, new Youtube, … I just googled, and this is some article that reaffirms that.) That said, it’s not /exactly/ 3D, and I still like its reference to the original. I think the U is a bit thin for ideal legibility, but it should be fine.

I actually really like Melia’s design. The color scheme adds a bit of flair without making the colors the main focus (as CM9’s design does), and I’d like to say the same about the background. The banner also balances decorative elements with simplicity well (as opposed to, well, Fatih’s beautiful but very busy 3rd banner).

In contrast, I think LeoLink’s design (especially the small icon) has a bit too much going on with the fire emblem shield. The lettering just doesn’t pop enough.

Pikmin’s logo doesn’t have the F or the E legible.

Edit: The original is still super, super nice. Honestly, it was probably a masterpiece and I’m eternally sad that we cannot locate its vectorized graphics. The main strike against it in this contest though is its lack of banner.

1 Like

pikmin’s design is the only design that matters in my heart

10 Likes

Real quick someone remind me why we need a banner in the first place if this isn’t 2009?

Discord invite screen, and also would just be nice to have. We could potentially also make a larger backdrop as part of the forum UI or something.

1 Like

Also lowkey I could see Orihara’s pixel art icon being a Favicon or something.

1 Like

I could try and convert it into something that will work in a banner format, but I’m a little busy atm so I can’t guarantee anything.

1 Like
Intermediate Results and polling process Round 1: 1 vote each for melia, myst, jefthecat 2 votes for fatih. So, eliminate all other entries.

Crazycolorz5
Melia
Fatih
Myst
Original

Public
Myst
Melia
Fatih
Original

Arch
faith
jefthecat
melia
myst

Circs
jefthecat
fatih
mystletainn
melia

Cam
Faith
Mystletainn
Melia
JeftheCat

Note the three way tie, if we run a sub-election without fatih, we note jefthecat and myst both get 2 bots.
Thus, eliminate Melia.

Round 2
Fatih - 3 votes
Myst - 1 vote
jefthecat - 1 vote

Crazycolorz5
Fatih
Myst
Original

Public
Myst
Fatih
Original

Arch
faith
jefthecat
myst

Circs
jefthecat
fatih
mystletainn

Cam
Faith
Mystletainn
JeftheCat

Fatih now has a majority. Proceeding by subelection again, we note myst has 3 votes, and jef has 2 votes.

Thus we have

1. Fatih
  2. Myst
  3. jefthecat
  4. Melia
  5. everyone else.

@anon686116 Are you on discord? If so, shoot me a ping/DM. If not, just send me a PM on here.