FEE3 2021 Recruitment

More than 800 million humans live in the Southern Hemisphere , representing around 10–12% of the total global human population of 7.3 billion.

It’s summer for ~88% of the population, though. I don’t think it’s egotistic either way :sweat_smile:

I mean personally I think viewer fatigue is a big issue and the fee3 format is flawed, but it’s not up to me personally. In discord discussions most users have not wanted to change the dates so far. If enough people are bothered by it, I would recommend we poll it. But I don’t think the scheduling will work to make things happen any earlier this year. We would’ve had to start this thread in March or earlier, imo.

In terms of promoting your hack, you should have a look at this thread:

1 Like

Is this event only for hacks that don’t yet have a full release? The term, E3, makes me think of showcasing upcoming games. I’ll submit Deity Device if it qualifies.

1 Like

Both in-progress and finished projects are eligible. Typically finished projects have been presented at the first FEE3 after their completion (which I’m pretty sure is the case for Deity Device).

1 Like

Sounds good. I’ll be looking forward to submitting.

4 Likes

Does the video we submit to volunteer to LP need to show our narration skills? Or just prove we can record and have a decent mic?

Largely just video and audio quality. If you’re willing to give an honest effort to showcase projects, we’re likely happy to have you regardless of your experience in recording LPs.

2 Likes

Can I make my video in chinese?

Most of the viewing audience is English speaking, so I’m unsure how it would perform, but I personally have no issue with a Chinese showcase. I want the event to be as inclusive as possible.

We don’t have any rules about which language the showcase is presented in, so feel free to record in Chinese if you’re most comfortable. However, if you’re more concerned about majority of viewers, you may want to consider having an English speaking volunteer record instead on your behalf. I’ve done this for a Japanese hack (The Nameless Heroes) in the past.

1 Like

Heck yeah, love to see the prep for this year starting nice and early.
Just making it clear that I’m likely to be available to LP again this year, I had a great time recording last year and I think I could make even better videos this one.

2 Likes

But the northern hemisphere is where most of the population resides. Like Vesly said.

Yeah i understand. And changing it now would be a bad idea and would lead to rushing stuff.

Are we allowed to submit games that aren’t strictly hacks, such as games made with Lex Talionis, as in my case?

I’d definitely like to submit Mark of the Dragon, if that is the case!

Yes - plenty of LT, SRPG studio projects, FEXNA, and custom engine works were submitted. Feel free to get involved.

I’m excited for this! I applied to help in the background; I had just joined and was hoping for a jumpstart in the community. Glad to see we have a lot of excited people! I’m looking forward to helping, or if I don’t get chosen, seeing the end result!

1 Like

Thanks to everyone who has applied so far - please continue to submit your applications if you’re able to support the event’s operations.

4 Likes

Are redux hacks allowed in this event?

I have been working on one for the past few months and my team is kinda curious on whether it’s allowed or not

Historically rebalances/reduxes of vanilla GBA games are not shown at the event.

We will show these types of hacks in other engines though. Last year we had a few showcases for FE5 and FE10 hacks that would likely fall into this category.

I see thanks for letting me know

Only a couple of more weeks to fill out the volunteer form, make sure to do so by the end of June 15th! For those of you who have already applied, thank you for volunteering. Submissions are beginning to be reviewed in earnest, and in a short amount of time you will likely be contacted about your submission.

4 Likes

Only a couple more days before the application closes! Make sure to fill it out before the end of June 15th, and don’t worry, I won’t close the form until the entirety of the world has passed to June 16th to give everyone the promised amount of time.

1 Like