FEE3 2020: 10/2 - 10/19/20

Celebrating 10 Years of Community?

9 Likes

My team and I will be making our first public debut with this event, and we’re more than excited to show off “Starlit Souls”. Moreover, plenty of talented hackers and artists on the scene this year, who I’m plenty excited to see. Good show, everyone!

14 Likes

That name sounds so cool! Excuse my childlike wonder, but I can’t wait to see it!

2 Likes

I actually don’t understand how that is offensive. It’s just the typical silly “haha working on hacks is a long and painful process we find ourselves still in” joke (and masochism is the opposite of sadism), but I suppose if this is supposed to be correlating with a fundraiser, it sounds like a good idea to probably step in and set a precedent before something actually questionable can happen.

4 Likes

As part of the Starlit Souls team with ForsetiHype, I’m glad to finally be able to participate in something like this. I’m eager to not only showcase our own work, but to see all the great stuff everyone else has been working on too. Best of luck to all of you!

6 Likes

After lying dormant for a good while, I’m happy to announce that I’ve also been working alongside @ForsetiHype and @basedusername on Starlit Souls for the past 4 months now. I believe we’ve got some neat things to bring to the table with this project and look forward to seeing what other creators bring as forward as well.

6 Likes

My apologies. It was meant to be a joke about how much of a pain this thing is to organize every year, but I totally acknowledge it was in poor taste and undermined the spirit of what we’re trying to do. I hadn’t really given it second thought, and that’s my fault.

12 Likes

Yeah, see, that makes perfect sense to me, too.

Come on, I just spent fucking fifty posts trading blows with Arch in the letter thread, ruining both of our images beyond repair, and now I’m gonna have to step in and say I seriously doubt he picked ‘masochism’ to celebrate ‘women’s pain’. It may have been a dumb tagline (no, actually, it was definitely silly) but it was not malicious.

use brains people

use the brains

13 Likes

Ah, thanks for clearing that up (and giving the tagline a change), I’m glad it was just reference to yourself (or zoi’s/klok’s line of logic) and not to some of the unsavory history I thought it was leading to.

yay communication

5 Likes

I’m pretty sure this thread was posted prior to the open letter, and a day or so before the idea of a charity stream was being discussed. IIRC, there was not initially anything concrete regarding a charity-related activity with respect to FEE3. But once that become part of it, I definitely see the need for rebranding.

But anyway, I’ll LP a hack/chapter.

2 Likes

Question: If I make a submission, can I update it before the August deadline or are all submissions final?

You can update - you don’t need to submit your patch now if that is your concern.

1 Like

Everyone needs to fill out the Sign-Up Form so that we can keep track of who is participating, but I would strongly encourage you not to fill out the Submission Form until your project demo is in its final state.

4 Likes

I’m down to LP something

3 Likes

It’s really cool to see all the new projects and old projects that are participating in FEE3. I know firsthand how much work it is to create a ROM hack, so it’s great there is a way to celebrate the work.

I have submitted The Lonely Mirror for FEE3. This solo project has been much more work than I originally anticipated, but I try my best, and I believe I am creating a fun experience. I hope I have something cool to show and contribute.

4 Likes

Woohoo, FEE3! I’m happy to participate for the 2nd time! There are so many great projects around, I admit I’m a bit nervous…

Although, since I’ve already participated last year, shouldn’t my hack (Terror of the Forest) be in the Returning Hacks category? Either way, I’m just really glad to be part of this, especially now with the charity event!

11 Likes

My mistake, this has been corrected.

UPDATE: 43 projects and counting!

9 Likes

Just posting to say that I’m submitting my hack, Judgement of the Prince. We don’t have a proper post out yet, but we’ll probably be making one when all 6 of our current chapters are more refined. I’m super excited to participate!

7 Likes

I am excited for fe e3 this year and hope people enjoy my teams hack The Forgotten Prince

4 Likes

What team?