[FE8U] Fourth Allegiance

I’m having all the issues Magix has in my 1 Hour blitz hack, actually.

For the fourth army palette I don’t remember where the address was but it uses a different address; I simply used a hex editor to copy the palette I wanted over it

I’m at work right now so I can’t get the address yet

1 Like

@Magix

Send a patch/report and savestate(s) reproducing the issues. The cause could be something else, and without anything to investigate, we’ll never know.

1-My experience with this is that it lets you spawn the units even after the limit of 5, but after the event ends, units after that aren’t saved. For example, if you spawn 6 purple units, but make one of them green before the event ends, they all will stay. If you make an non-existent unit move without the fix, the game will hang.

2-I haven’t had problems with their AI myself. Unless you mean trying to change their AI through events, which I wouldn’t be surprised if there are issues since the game normally doesn’t check there. Please clarify and send a patch.

3-The patch hijacks the light rune palette, the original purple palette is only used in the link arena. I’m not certain why this is done, maybe because the link arena’s hardcoding includes swapping the two palettes since they’re never used at the same time. The sepia palette exists though, maybe that would be a better sacrifice. To change the light rune palette to the purple one, open a hex editor and write 90 42 0B 35 B5 76 9C 7F 8F 29 38 26 FF 67 0B 31 90 49 77 72 1A 7F 5D 0C FF 17 30 3A FF 7F A9 20 to 0x59EEC0

4-I assume you meant you correctly set their affiliation to not to fight each other, and it happened anyway. Haven’t had that issue myself, so please clarify and send a patch.

EDIT: Meant to suggest something, but forgot to after replying to the message. The affiliation settings could also change fog-of-war view. As I’ve reported earlier, it’s unnaffected by the fourth allegiance patch, so regardless of the affiliation you set, you can still see what green units see and not what red and purple units see.

I can send you a video of what i mean and hopefully i can search for some backups. Otherwise ill have to recreate it. I can send you all the stuff on discord. Magix#1484

Wow, this patch screws up the AI.
It doesn’t work for me at all - the red units stop attacking you and only move towards you to a range of two spaes and the grey units just stand there and watch.

Late, but make sure you read how to set the affiliations’ allegiances, which it sounds like you didn’t. If you correctly set it and are still having problems, send a report in the FEBuilder channel, otherwise there’s nothing anyone else can do if there’s nothing to investigate.

Also, I noticed thanks to a report a few days ago that the 6th and 7th units of the fourth allegiance always get erased after being loaded, but the 8th and so on still stay. So that’s a bug that needs fixing, but as a workaround just skip those units.

1 Like

Ran into the same issue and this fixed it for me. I did what Kirb said and it did the thing:

The AI seems to be working fine. I’ll have to run more tests, to see if it truly works as intended. I had to sacrifice the unique bgm flag patch for this patch to work correctly however.

Sadly, installing the patch does corrupt my save files. After installing the patch, all save data is lost and importing save files makes them corrupt.

All in all: If the patch works as intended, it will be well worth the sacrifices. Thanks Kirb and Shuusuke!

1 Like

It’s been a while. I mentioned back there that it’d be nice to have some event commands for the Fourth Allegiance, and I just made CUSF as an ASMC. For more information it’s at the end of this post:

Also, in the post before that, you could use a combination of my SetUnitStatusByCommander and ClearZombies to do what CLEF would’ve done. And with a small edit of my CountRangeState (or any other similar) patch you could have CHECK_FOURTH.

2 Likes

Making a new post because I think it’s worth it. The past few days I’ve been working on making the Fourth Allegiance compatible with the skill system. Thanks to Contro, Vesly, Eebit, Dragz and Retina for their help in making this.

Latest updates:
-Added a definition that halves all damage done
-Enabled up to 15 purple units to be saved on suspend (previously they were 11, 15 is the max considering the base offsets for EMS), though up to 20 can be on a map simultaneously.

Patch
This patch contains the skill system + fourth allegiance patches. I’ve also enabled the damage halving.

Buildfile.7z
Buildfile
This is the buildfile used to, well, build the above patch minus the edits to units and chapter data. To use this, put a clean FE8U ROM named FE8_clean.gba on the main folder, double-click MAKE_HACK_full.cmd, and it will create another ROM and patch with the skill system + fourth allegiance applied. If you want to make/test any edits to the code, editing these files is the ideal way to do it before building. I’ll figure out github at a later date to make a repository.

EDIT: Thanks to Eebit, the previously mentioned graphical bugs have been fixed:

Fixed bugs

-During AI phases, fourth allegiance units after the 5th graphically disappear but they’re still there, can be targetted and will act on their phase
-Fourth allegiance units don’t display boss/status icons and their “rescued” icon uses a glitchy palette

Known bugs

-Fourth allegiance units will display a bugged icon in the minimap
-The Pass skill has no effect

Missing features

-Fog vision being dependant on affiliation and/or phase (currently it’s fixed to blue and green units in all phases)

17 Likes

Hello everybody.
Is the 4th team rmod only available for fe8 rom? I’m still not entirely sure how to install MasterInstaller into my fe6 rom with event assembler, is there perhaps a step-by-step?
Thank you to whoever answers.

That is correct, this is designed for, and will only install properly onto FE8.

Update: So in my Event assembler window, The text is the MasterAsmInstaller.event file I downloaded and the Rom is my Sacred Stones Rom file. The Game is also set to FE8 but is says there are still 12 errors encountered when I try to assemble it. Any advice on this download would be appreciated.
Does the MasterAsmInstaller.event word file need to be put into a specific folder?

The instructions are in my post:

To use this, put a clean FE8U ROM named FE8_clean.gba on the main folder, double-click MAKE_HACK_full.cmd , and it will create another ROM and patch with the skill system + fourth allegiance applied.

You shouldn’t be directly using Event Assembler.

1 Like

Sorry i didn’t pick up on that, I’ll try it out. Thanks.

UPDATE: So I tried two things yesterday. One was that I inserted a clean rom named FE8_clean.gba ROM into the Main folder I download and double clicked MAKE_HACK_full (no .cmd). Two was I added Event Assembler (The green chip icon) into the main and then the rom before double clicking MAKE_HACK_quick.

Unfortunately, when opened the rom in FEbuilder both times, the units I set to “defeat” would instead disappear instead of becoming purple. Is a new rom file supposedly supposed to be created after double clicking MAKE_HACK_full/quick?

Yes, it’s supposed to create .gba and .ups files with the fourth allegiance and skill system applied.

1 Like

GOOD GRIMA, IT’S WORKING NOW, thank you so much.

1 Like

UPDATE: So now that I’ve been working on my Rom Hack with this new file system, I’m noticing that units of the same affiliation are unable to pass by each other. If that’s part of the system, is there a way to change that or do I just have to roll with it?

I’m pretty sure this specifically was why I had to make Pass do nothing for the time being, so it shouldn’t be happening. Are you sure you set the faction allegiances correctly?

Everything about the 4th faction seems to work fine.

At first I thought the issue it was because I gave shove to almost every class but this isn’t the case. Units with Pass can’t seem to pass by ally units either.

The file I used is also SkillsTest.gba

Yeah, it seems that that’s happening now for some reason. I still need to go over the whole thing again to properly submit an update request to the skill system master branch, so this is another thing I’ll have to look into when I get around to that.

1 Like