[FE8JP] 2 Princesses English Translation Hard 3 Update (Bug Fix)

Thank you for your hard work @Pollen!

I have a question. Is there any secret shop in this game?

1 Like

Yes, there are. at the base chapter, you’ll notice that there are two of each shop. The top one is a regular store, and the bottom one is a secret store. Of course you’ll need a member card to access it. You can get a member card on chapter 16 on one of the bishop.
WhatsApp Image 2020-12-22 at 20.39.40

1 Like

Do these shops sell master seals by any chance? Since the game allows grinding I though about promoting everyone.

Hi @Pollen

I want to report that in chapter 8, when Aurora and her knights appear, there are some text untranslated.

1 Like

Master seals can be obtained from enemy drops and grinding stage secret area

spoiler

it’s in one of the small mountains to the east where the knight reinforcement appear (image coming soon)

as for heaven seals, if I recall it can be obtained in the village and sometimes the late game enemies drop it.

1 Like

Thanks for noticing that. I certainly recall I had translated that part but I think it got mixed up with the new patch so it appears in japanese xD. I’ll definitely fix it when the next update comes.

Can i play this on mobile phone and what is the base rom

yes you can using unipatcher, I think. and the base rom is fe8 JP / fire emblem seima no kouseki

Just wanted to say thanks for creating this translation. I hope more people get into this one since it seems very unique.

Now then, who here has played through hard mode? Im up to “chapter 2” (chapter 17) and i feel punished for using fun units, its my fault really and im suffering through it no matter what. Also there has been a few technical issues throughout this patch that im presuming is due to the translation, such as the description for distant defense on Al and Lifetaker, the latter of which just doesnt seem properly formatted or something. On top of that, female baron seems to not be translated (although i never finalized the promotion so it may just be in the class change menu)

Also imbue seems to be broken for me, it doesnt work on miles who has 4 magic. Is this an issue for anyone else? And is it present in japanese release? I never used him until now

Regardless, this is a really cool hack and i hope to finish it this time around. Huge thanks for telling us how to get the gaiden chapters, i was lost when it was all in japanese trying to dig through febuilder to figure it out.

PS: sniper doesnt change class according to febuilder, its horseman which male archer promotes into

2 Likes

Thanks for the feedback! ^^
I think some of the descriptions of the skills are due to me translating the text too long which means it doesn’t fit into the text box. I’ll certainly correct those mistakes.

as for the skill imbue problem, I will definitely forward it to the author himself. Though I really suggest that you use said skill to its most compatible class such as magic users as it would help you a lot. Also I can’t remember Miles having said skill in my playthrough or maybe it could be just me playing the older patch but yeah, I’ll definitely report this to the author.

1 Like

If work wasn’t busy, I’d be playing this a bit more to test out how the english patch fares. I don’t remember where but I noticed a few other untranslated parts. Currently on arias route but febuilder has also been showing that later classes may be untranslated too, which I presume is due to the original japanese been updated. The black knight is amongst them (btw idk if it was originally in japanese or not but the dialogue for fighting the black knight early is great). Anyways to anyone else reading this, please use Sabrina, shes a literal goddess and hasn’t ever let me down. On top of that her t3 class skill is extremely good

Might have accidentally figured out what miles Imbue skill actually is, its probably boon directed at himself. I had aurora, miles and anna all positioned at a chokepoint and miles got hit by a poison axe, the player phase afterwards he got cured of poison. Only other factors I can see are maybe aurora has that effect on adjacent units or the vista guard has that effect too since he’s carrying it. Might test it out more

Edit: upon a quick test, it seems to be the case. I haven’t had any other status effects to test it out other than poison but he could possibly be a status staff tank now :slight_smile:

Hi @Pollen

Is level cap for tier-2 unit larger than 20?

I managed to get Sabrina to level 20 and she still gains experience.

it’s 30

2 Likes

Thank you there. Now I have to give her 10 more levels before promoting her :joy:

In chapter 19 Frozen Wings

The Shinan states that the boss can be captured. However, she still has the skill Watchful and cannot be captured. Is this intentional?

1 Like

of course, that might be because the translation was finished before the newest update in which the boss there was added watchful to not make her capturable. Will fix the shinan in the next update thx.

2 Likes

Will the new update do something about chapter 20? That was hell, blizzard(reduced movement) + long range tomes plus Pegasus everywhere, that was hell and the after finally returning to the base since the reunion I could finally use the secret shops to grind efficiently I find that the enemies are simply too few and to weak, the enemies that appear at turn 31 don’t even give exp so I hope the dev has something prepared because using the same units when grinding is available is a bit boring.

Just go in the ruins and seize turn one, because each time you return in the base, the eggs will respawn :wink:

The eggs respawn in the other hack (queen sword i think it was called),in this one there’s 3 eggs per visit to the base from another map not the ruins.