[FE8][WIP] Fire Emblem- To Far Away Times [5 Chapters]

Hello there!, How are you?, I expect that whatever you’re doing or feeling is good, as for me…
I’m Tarade, I’m new to this, new to making games, new to programming, new to drawing and new to writing. So, in order to test my skills and have a bit of a experience in this world of ROM hacking I decided by finally giving a small try to FEBuilder, and in the last three months or so I have finally completed a small part of said job.

“What makes life worth fighting for?”
“Why we are so entangled with having families?, meanings?, are they worth for?”
“At the end it doesn’t matter, in my fifth century wondering this planet I’ve have done everything, fell in love, marrying someone and have a job…Worthless indeed”

Too Far Away Times

Summary
  • After being summoned by a strange man three unlikely heroes meet each other after the collapse of mankind!, the man who calls himself Caspar begs for them to look out for a mysterious key…Those heroes are:
  • The renown maid of Orleans, who fight the brits in the last trail of the one hundred years war

• Juana I de Castilla

• Juana I of Castille and Aragon, also known as the mad queen she has lost someone very special in her life; however despite this she would try to give her best and help Jeanne and the rest in their peril

• And lastly, Johnathan O’Neill

• A stoic man who lost his vision before travelling through time and space, a bit strict and concise is only here to end this as quick as posible.

Some Tips

The game, despite being so early has some hidden items in some tiles and ruins so look out
It’s also very encouraged to eliminate some enemy units, as some of them drops money or items.

What to expect

I’m planing on making more chapters (obviously) but since this is a solo project it would take a lot of time, and I’m planning on only making big updates, with 5 chapters per update.

Right now I only have a draft for the first “half” of the game, as I prefer short chapters meaning the first “half” could take the entire 47 chapters FEBuilder allows. Another thing I would also add is hard exclusive reinforcements, right now I’m looking for a way to make the game very flexible when it comes to gameplay; which is why this 5 chapters don’t have hard exclusive reinforcements. Other things to take in mind are UI changes, as some of the parts of the UI present in this demo has some of the original sprinkled with some of my own; there are some patches for UI changes but some of them could break the game, which is a headache i want to avoid.

Important Note: In order to play the game YOU MUST have a copy of Sacred Stones, I would not provide it nor I’m going to share it, you also need a UPS patcher like Tsukoyumi or NUPS those could be easily and safely be found under the utilities tab in Romhacking.net

Some Screenshots

Have a nice day and take care!

11 Likes

Love your hand-drawn style ! It’s very unique :star_struck:
And congrats for the demo release, I will be sure to give it a try !

1 Like

Thanks!