[FE8] [WIP] Fire Emblem: Infernal Blade [V.0.3.1]

Sorry what i meant is a map showing them where they are

I know. That was the best I could do to help. Now someone who is able can at least map out a few locations.

1 Like

Sorry for this being very quiet recently, the hack isnā€™t dead, just development is a bit slow. In the meantime, I have released a new patch which adds functional supports, as well as a few changes and fixes.

This might be the last patch again for a while, possibly until the next portion of the story is done, which I donā€™t know when that will be.

V0.3.1 Changelog

-Changed Chadwickā€™s portrait (goodbye based headband).
-Supports are now in! (Vanilla text is still in, but characters now have there support partners for real now).
-Re-adjusted the bishops stats in chapter 13.
-Fixed Armory placement error in chapter 14.
-Adjusted reinforcements for chapter 17.
-Re-adjusted enemy stats for chapters 16 and 17.
-Re-adjusted monster stats.
-+2 base Str and Spd to Ruben.

Download here!

3 Likes

Not often I do dev ā€˜blogā€™ lol, but here we go. Thought Iā€™d do at least one as Iā€™m sure people are wondering what Iā€™m doing with my hack currently.

At the moment, Chapter 26 is done and playable except its writing, and will probably be included in the next patch which will involve the story from prologue to Chapter 20ish, that then leaves me with two more chapters left to complete, 27 and the Finale. 27 will likely just be a seize chapter, and will likely contain a wide range of enemies that the player has thought throughout the hack.

The finale however is the interesting one, I am not entirely sure whether itā€™s a one part map with multiple boss phases OR a two parter map like with vanilla SS, Iā€™m gonna leave a poll up to see what you guys think.

In other news, Iā€™m currently playtesting the game to really see if the game is balanced in terms of how tough the enemies are. I donā€™t want the game to be mega easy nor hard, somewhere in between as my goal is to make this hack completely accessible/appeal to everyone. Lastly I have been thinking of this too, and thats should gaidens be added?

My idea with Gaidens is that they will not reward experience and be maps where the player controls units who arenā€™t recruited to main story cast, again, I am quite curious to see what you guys think. Right now, none are planned, but its something for me to think about.

I think thatā€™s everything, famous last words lol, have a good day and week everyone!

What do you think the final chapter should be?

• Final map with multiple boss phases
  • 2-part final chapter like in vanilla SS
0 voters

Thoughts on potential gaidens?

• Gaiden chapters with no rewards?
  • Gaiden chapters that give no experience?
  • Have none, the game is fine as it is
0 voters
5 Likes

Looks like people have voted for what they want, yes to gaidens it isā€¦

Anyway! Another post to explain what will be involved in the next patch/update, which will have story done up to Chapter 15, as of this writing, up to Chapter 12 is done. The first thing Iā€™d like to mention is that Iā€™ve decided to cut some of the playable characters, to make some room for 1 or 2 playables in the gaidens that will be planned in the future. The next thing is that you guys may be wondering why the minimug thing in the top left of the screen in-chapter is vanilla, the next patch will have a MMB (credits to the creators), so no more going into the stat screen just to see what characters have equipped.

Speaking of gaidens, I have decided to make them not involve the main party and only involve two side story characters that wonā€™t join you in the main story, at the very least, 2 or 3 will probably be planned and added in a later update after this next one.

I am also deciding to add a difficulty switcher, which will first appear after Chapter 2, largely cause some may find the game too easy and wish to change to hard mode and vice versa. What has bothered me which I am also changing is to give certain promotions at least D ranks in all weapon types, for example, the warrior gets D rank bows instead of E.

The game itself is coming together for sure, but very slowly admittedly, as always, feedback is appreciated through this thread, pming me or by messaging my Discord _armory.

Thanks for reading! (if you have made it this far, that is, lol)

3 Likes