[FE8] [WIP] Fire Emblem Arms of Valor 6/24 Chapters Complete

“A river, no matter its strength, always meets the ocean. All roads lead to me, Lueric. No matter what you do, I will always be there…”
FEU BUMPER DEMO
THE NEWEST PATCH IS BEING WORKED ON :slight_smile:

FEU BUMPER DEMO (1)
Lueric is the leader of a small town mercenary group called, The Arms of Valor. He is joined by his childhood friend Esker, and his two close friends Titus, and Barus. Between odd jobs and contracts, he cares for his younger brother Ollie, and their sick mother. To get medicine for his dying mother, Lueric indebts himself to the Syndicate, a crime organization. All debts must be paid, thus, forcing Lueric on a journey that will test his resolve, morality, sanity, and relationships. Will you take up Arms? Will you find your Valor?
FEU BUMPER screenshot

FEU BUMPER features
New Mechanics/ Future Features:

-Bonus Experience: Complete chapter requirements to receive bonus experience to use on your units. BEXP gives 50 experience points and is used to level up your units!
-Music Menu: Don’t like the music? Change it on the fly using the music menu! Change the player or enemy phase music with over 50 different songs to choose from!
-Intermission Chapters: Noncombat chapters that allow players to socialize with their party, collect contracts, complete sidequests, and find secrets!
-Romance Feature: Depending on certain choices you make in-game, you will be able to romance different characters!
-New Magic System: Anima magic is split into four schools of magic: Fire, Frost, Thuder, and Wind. Each school of magic has it’s own unique properties and play differently for each other!
-Contracts: Complete side quests within chapters to receive bonus rewards!
-Tactics Menu: Gather intel and strategies about the chapters you take on!
-Held Items: Held Items can give special passive boosts when held. These passive boosts can range from skills to stats.
-Member Cards: There is a detection option when using a member card. Selecting detect will allow you to detect if there are any secret shops on the map. Say goodbye to using a guide!
-Anna’s Hotline: Need cash? Whenever you are in need of gold, use a device to call Anna and have her wire you gold! But beware… for the more you use it, the more dire the consequences…
-Secret Events: Secret characters, events and items for players to discover!
-A randomly generated Boss Rush mode!
-Records System: Keep track of your chapter-by-chapter statistics and compare your high scores from your first playthrough to your new game plus playthrough!
-New Game Plus: Replay the game on New Game Plus! Unlock five guest units as you replay previously played maps. Maps will change and enemies will grow stronger on new game plus, making the experience fresh!
FEU BUMPER DEV
Hello! My name is Atlas. I’m excited to introduce Fire Emblem: Arms of Valor, currently in development using the FEBuilder engine. AoV is the result of four years of work, with over 14 different failed iterations of the story and game. Inspired off the works of Vision Quest, Order of the Crimson Arms and many more before it, Arms of Valor sets out create immersive experience for all to love. Arms of Valor is slated for a 2025 release. I’m honored to present the first six chapters of the game! I hope you all enjoy it. Thank you.
PLEASE USE MGBA AS IT’S UNTESTED ON OTHER EMULATORS
For the Best Experience/Dev Notes:
-Battle BG’s have not been added, for the best experience please play on “battle backgrounds 1”
-AoV has only been bug-tested on MGBA and is recommended for the best experience. Other emulators may result in unintended errors or bugs.
-Some visuals are WIP and will be updated at a later date.
-Most of the typos and spelling mistakes were cleaned up but, in the chance, you do see one, let me know.
Known Bugs:
-There is a small black box that appears in the save menu.
-When Doki appears the music changes and then returns to map bgm
-Ch4. If Barus defeats the last boat, he will be stuck in a state of “canto limbo” and will not be able to end his action.

FEU BUMPER DEV (1)
Credits Link: https://1drv.ms/w/s!AraA_5QnyznzlivTSjFkNwFpZAnX?e=zXIPoZ

26 Likes

Engage music? AWESOME!

1 Like

Hey everyone! The download link and patch have been updated with some quick bug fixes! I recommend giving the new patch a go rather than the old one! It’s the same link as the old one! Cheers!

2 Likes

So, I already am really enjoying this, but a couple chapters in and I feel like some of it is pretty luck based. More specifically, the horses surviving. The previous chapter is a little luck based, but the horses surviving most definitely is. That being said, pretty much everything else is well done. I like the supports being based on events instead of having two units glued together for several thousand turns, and the secret objectives giving the bonus xp is really fun and a pretty decent reward for objectives that are really possible (except for the horses).

1 Like

SDSAD1 (1)
Thank you to everyone who gave the demo a go! Your feedback has been tremendously helpful for development! I’ve revisited and overhauled the first 6 chapters of Arms of Valor. Massive work has been done to fix the story’s countless typos and text errors. In addition, more conversations, scenes, and added bits of detail have been added to the story.

The gameplay has also received some heavy tweaking to its balance. Stats have been reworked and retooled to provide a more focused and engaging experience. Chapters 2, 3, and 6 were completely reworked. These chapters play faster, better, and are more fun!

Some visual updates were also added to the game. Some new portraits, music and UI changes were added to amp up the visuals. Not to mention, the FEU page for Arms of Valor has also seen some changes.

If you’ve played the last demo, I suggest you restart with the new demo! This version is the best it’s ever been!

The newest demo for Fire Emblem Arms of Valor will be released within the coming weeks! Thank you all!

13 Likes