[FE8] Threshold-based crit system (offering money, art, or graphics)

Looking for someone to make a SkillSys-compatible patch for the following:

Instead of a crit chance, you get “critical points” by meeting certain conditions and get a guaranteed crit when you have a certain number of them e.g.

• 10 points from a crit weapon
  • 10 points for doubling
  • 10 points for WTA
  • 10 points for each ally adjacent to the target
  • 10 points for player phase

and if you have 50 points, you get a crit (but only one per battle) this would be pretty easy to implement via the pre-battle calc loop, right? like, just check all these conditions and increment crit chance for each, and then change the crit RNG to just check if it’s over 50?

Specifically:

• Override the crit chance RNG check with a check for 50 or more crit (make sure this number can be adjusted)
  • This would essentially turn crit chance into a quantity of crit points, which would get calculated pre-battle in the same way crit chance usually is
  • Therefore, anything that would add crit chance (e.g. weapons, skill stat, skills) still does
  • Crit point value turns green on the battle forecast/unit info screen when it passes the check
  • Crit only happens on a unit’s first hit of a battle (with brave effect, only the first hit of the first set of hits)

Conditions I’d want code for (default to 10 points each):

• Points for each ally adjacent to the target
  • Points for WTA
  • Points for player phase/unit is initiating the attack

I’d like the code to be commented so that it’s easy for me (with basic ASM knowledge) to change numbers and add additional conditions. C is also fine, though I might need a little bit of additional help with implementing that into my SkillSys buildfile.
I wouldn’t expect you to do ongoing support for this (like adding new features), but if I find a bug in the original deliverable it’d be great if you could fix that.
I plan to release this publicly.

Extra payment:

• Flashing icon to highlight units on the map who have sufficient crit points
  • FEBuilder-compatible patch file which I can submit to 7743, with a table to adjust the crit threshold and the point value of various conditions

Other people in the FEU Discord were showing interest in a system where points are stored and built up across multiple turns, then spent for a crit on the next combat. This sounds like a much more involved project and it’s not what I’m looking for here, but if you’re up for it, that could be a cool community bounty.

Payment

Price negotiable based on how much work you think this would be. DM me on discord @dointhangs or here. I can pay money, and I'm also a pretty good artist.
Portraits

bo 4
eve 3 v2
estelle v4

Art

Thanks!

6 Likes

Closed!