[FE8] Skill System v1.0 - 404 skills done, more on the way

I wonder if giving armors Galeforce would make them a lot more interesting, with their 4 move and all…

Snipers with Canto+. Hit and run boys

I’m already going to do that with Nomads/mounted bowmen. Snipers want stuff like range boosting or crit boosting or piercing to make them more offensively-based.

1 Like

Snipers aren’t mounted, so they’d only be able to move again if they do a non-attacking action.

…under the current system, but it’s easy to fix that

and I guess there are decent modern FE skills that I’d like to see added as well unlike that stupid ass male/female tile radius shit

Strong Riposte: When enemy initiates battle, damage +2.

Live to Serve: When healing an ally, the unit recovers the same amount of HP.

Savage Blow: When user initiates battle, enemies within 2 tile radius lose 20% of their HP.

Rightful Heir: +10% to skill activation rates.

Quick Salve: After using an HP recovery item, unit can perform another action.

Aptitude: Adds +10% to all growth rates.

Forager: When standing on Mountain, Forest, or Plains terrain, the user recovers 20% HP at the start of the Turn.

Bibliophile: When user has 3 or more tomes in inventory, Crit +10 (something like this would probably work better in a game with durability).

Armsthrift: Luck*2% chance of not reducing weapon durability from this attack.

Patience: Hit/avo +10 on enemy phase.

Healtouch: +5 to amount of HP this unit heals.

4 Likes

Adding to this:

Piety: Boost healing staff ranges by +1.

Also, other ideas.

Ballistae: Unit can use Ballista as weapons.

Bowlistae: If unit equips any normal bow, that bow’s range is converted to 3-10 range. Cannot double unless it has the Brave effect, in which case it only attacks twice. Accuracy -25% with bows.

Ethereal: Unit can fly over any terrain and move through walls. AVO increases by +50 (Phantoms only)

Stone eyes: Unit has a SKL/2% chance to turn an enemy to stone during combat.

Venomous: Same, but for poison.

Secret Hex: Inflict any random status ailment on an enemy. Chance is Skl/3%.

Underdog: +15 Hit/Avo if User Lv. < Enemy Lv.

Air Superiority: +15 Hit/Avo if the enemy is a flier unit.

Defender: +1 in all stats if rescuing another unit

Good Fortune: Luck% of recover 20% of HP at the beginning of the turn

Heartseeker: -15 Avo in battle to adjacent units

Vengeance: Skill% of adding half of lost HP to damage

Solidarity: +10 Crit/C.Avo to adjacent units

Iron Will: -4 of magic damage received if attacked by the enemy

Witch’s Brew: Luck/2% of getting a Potion after Wait

Veteran Intuition: +10 C. Avo if attacked by the enemy

1 Like

How would I go about with installing this? If there’s a guide somewhere, please let me know.

[quote=“Arch, post:34, topic:2312”]
unlike that stupid ass male/female tile radius shit[/quote]
:[
Those are cool, though. They reward your army for having diversity in gender! :V

[quote=“Arch, post:34, topic:2312”]
Aptitude: Adds +10% to all growth rates.
[/quote]Gggggggrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
the stupidest of stupid skills is this one

I agree, mainly because if you’re going to make it a skill, might as well just add it to their growths.

Now, if it’s a skill given by an item, then we’re talking.

1 Like

Since the skill system has level-up skills, I was primarily suggesting it with that in mind.

Afa’s Drops?

More like crusader’s scrolls.

scouring through my old docs:

Sentry: Range +1 if unit moves 1 tile or less. (For archers)

Momentum: Adds +1 Mt for every 3 tiles traversed before attacking. (@Rossendale already did this, iirc)

Prestige: Allows unit to obtain multiple S-ranks.

Anticipation (7x, FE4 bosses): If unit cannot counter-attack, reflexively switches to nearest weapon that can counter-attack. (@CT075 has already done this in FE7)

Academic (7x): Grants unit an E-rank in all tome types, the ones that the unit does not already have. (This would be a cool item-learning skill for mages)

Entropy: +25 avo against physical weapons. (For mages)

Commando (not sure where this came from?): terrain def bonus * 1.5, add terrain def bonus to atk * 1, terrain avo bonus *1.5, terrain avo bonus to hit *1

Reversion: Reverses opponent avo bonuses.

Dominion: Unit always has WTA.

Pursuit (2.0): Allows unit to add an extra attack for every time they pass the AS threshold after being allowed to double. (for example an AS threshold is +3, so +6 grants a third attack, +9 grants a fourth)

Since there is a finite limit to the number of skills Circles can add, is there a way to add more than the limit, but leave them unassigned and let the developer swap them out as needed? Ie: Entries beyond 0xFF are assigned to nothing but can be swapped out with unwanted skills by changing the unassigned skills to an appropriate entry and removing that entry from the main skills list.

It would be pretty crazy if this thing actually got to 255 skills. There should still be plenty of room to add new skills and also you can always choose to not use some of the skills in the default package. But as far as I’m aware going beyond 0xFF would effectively double the memory required to store skills which isn’t feasible without creating new space in RAM to save things.

I assumed Circles was adding code for all of them in the relevant buildfiles. My question was if he could add the codes n stuff into those buildfiles, leave their entries there, but #zero them out so someone could simply disable what default skills they don’t want and use the normally zeroed out skills instead.

To be fair, I haven’t downloaded the package yet so the answer is probably obvious to everyone but me.

Crazycolorz hasn’t done anything to my buildfile though.

If you don’t want a skill just comment it out of the buildfile and replace its entry in the skill icons, tables, and text.

2 Likes

Idk how I keep mixing up your name with Crazy’s in my head.