FE8 hack, "Blood Money" (placeholder name)

Hey guys, I just wanted to share something I started work on a while ago. It’s still very much in the preliminary phase, but I’ve been amazed at how it’s coming along.

The general idea of it is that it starts out in a similar fashion to the main game but told from the perspective of a bandit gang that wants to take advantage of the war and increase their money, territory, and power. Eventually they get transported to a new world of strife through a recently activated dragons gate, and choose to support one of two factions in an ongoing conflict in exchange for riches and influence.

I’ve gotten the first 8 chapters done where the group pursues princess eirika in order to ransom her off to Grado for money, before going through the gate. I will say that it isn’t anything revolutionary or groundbreaking. There aren’t any really new classes except maybe for a couple, no real new mechanics, and maybe a few new items. The main idea is to tell a unique story with some challenging gameplay and to just have a good time with it.

I’m pretty good at telling stories and writing, but one thing I am NOT good at is names, like how this hack doesn’t actually have a name yet.

The hack utilizes mostly vanilla assets with some new maps and a few things I’ve gotten from things on this very site actually. When the time comes and everything is final, I of course intend to give due credit. In the meantime, I just wanted to know what you guys thought of the concept and maybe some good names for it or anything else?

Also, I had some screenshots I wanted to share but it isn’t letting me add them…

12 Likes

Post a bit here and there, it’ll let you