[FE8] Fire Emblem: The Sacred War [complete]

I made an account just to thank you for this hack. This is probably my favourite FE, and this hack adds a lot of neat and interesting twists that make the game even better.

I particularly like the changes you made to the maps because this time I didn’t know how things would pan out. The new class you made for Seth fits him perfectly and the new sprites are very well done and animated (and they look like the portraits too!). Better weapon uses was something this game needed badly, it’s so much easier to control the inventories.

Thank you for sharing this awesome hack! :grinning:

2 Likes

No disrespect, but is it too much to ask for a single definitive update?

2 Likes

It’s not exactly easy to account for every possibility - bugs come up all the time. I don’t think there’s any issue with additional releases to tend to those, and I don’t think anyone is complaining about additional content. It’s not like save files will stop working either. What’s the issue with putting more work into a project?

3 Likes

We are getting there!

1 Like

Well I don’t mind bug fixes, I’m talking more about the gameplay additions that changed the game, like Seth’s new class.

1 Like

Will next update include the updated fighter animations?

1 Like

No. There won’t be anymore animations for the existing classes.

ah ok, what about map sprites for the monster classes, i had made some standing map animations and i was wondering if i finish the moving map ani for them would you add them?

I have already given them new MAP sprites. What do you mean?

Did it at the same time the new battle sprites for the monsters were introduced (v1.19).

oh its been awhile since ive downloaded the newest versions my bad and sorry

Update v1.33 is out.

Also descriptions of patch notes are more summarized from now on for length reasons.

Have fun!
If you need to know I’m trying to end it by v1.40. But that’s just the plan.
Will see how things will go.

1 Like

How is it possible that there are weapon of rank b or a and the characters with S weapon mastery cant use them?

Some weapons are class exclusive and can only be used by specific classes. There are docs that you can get in the patch notes section with this information

1 Like

You can also read the in-game “Guide” menu in the Options.

It has listed what each class can do and what each class has access to.

This is a great patch which makes some strides towards making Sacred Stones more enjoyable. That being said I don’t really get the point in changing the Dancer into a new class, but other than that I have no particular complaints.

Also some of the Oracle’s buff staffs don’t seem to work, as in they aren’t usable not that they don’t do anything. It doesn’t gray them out in the item menu, but you seemingly cannot use them nonetheless.

1 Like

Don’t use them as staves.
Use them as items from the Item menu (like you would use a vulnerary).

Ah, Thanks. I probably wouldn’t have thought to do that if no one told me.

1 Like

I’m on the last map on the rift right now, and I have to ask, do you hate humanity? Cause this looks insane lmao.

Also beat the secret boss twice, and was disappointed to see it didn’t have maximum constitution. I think you know why he should :slight_smile:

Edit: THE DEMON KINGS RESPAWN!!!? You really do hate humanity.

1 Like

I promise I’ll fix it on the next update !

I did the deed.
sacred%20war_18 sacred%20war_15 sacred%20war_17

This was a fun hack. Here are my thoughts.

Good stuff:
Redesigned maps felt fresh
Making everyone but the trainiees have good bases really diversified by unit choice since everyone is better.
Thank kaga for myrrh

Meh stuff:
No dancers :frowning:
Move stat boosters only boosting 1 move

Recommendations:
A dance staff for Oracles? (Although they already are over powered with buff items, maybe for Bishops?)
Making the secret boss the ultimate reward for completing the Rift 5 times, cause why not?

1 Like