[FE8] Fire Emblem: Souls of the Forest

No… There is not.

Right? There’s a really good story here that arbitrarily decides to focus on a guy who was relevant but not relevant to the story IMO, who on the switch comes off as a complete honor-bound Crown jockey who’s entire depiction up to that point hadn’t shown him as. The guy ordered his wounded soldiers to fall back rather then fight so they’d die with honor like a normal Crown Polisher unit tends to do.

New update that buffs some units, as well as adding some funny items to buff footlocks, such as
imagen

6 Likes

Oh boy can’t wait for those 120+ might Meister axe Warriors.

The Meisteraxt would only have 28 might. It doubles might, not attack

it was a joke, considering how every enemy on V:final2 has 200 crit I was being snippy.

in the “I’m not going to be shocked if endgame enemies are carrying these alongside their statbloating weapons” kind of way.

I also tried to delete that comment and it clearly failed.

Hello sooo are the supports written and implemented now? Also reading about difficulty so in those 3 difficulties is one of them like easy mode? I’m not ashamed to admit I’m not a pull my hair out type of gamer, I’m just trying to have fun with it lol

supports are not implemented, and normal mode should be easy enough to just cruise through

1 Like

Pandan seemed to recommend this hack, and VQ is the only hack i’ve really enjoyed. Going to try this soon, any specific date this will be updated on I should wait for?

1 Like

The patch is updated once in a while with slight balance changes and occasionally new items, along with typo fixes. You can play it entirely through on one of the routes, story and all, on the current patch, and you can join the discord if you want to know when a patch is updated.

1 Like

How is work on the second route coming along?

Congrats!:clap:

Is this hack finished? The big Hack directory says this is in progress with 19 chapters but the thread itself says it has 24 chapters. Are there anymore plans for this hack or is it now fully completed and it just wasn’t updated on the big directory?

One route is playable from start to finish. The other route is not yet available.

Very fun hack, and honestly I had a pretty great time… Up until the final chapter. Kinda spoilers but I’ll keep it as vague as possible:

Is there anything I can do to not get oneshot across the whole screen? Its honestly kinda frustrating, even moreso in the second part where every enemy is a kill-or-be-killed situation and yet we still need to have the boss randomly deleting one of my units each turn. How exactly am I supposed to react to this?

Also: is it just me or is the only viable way to clear part 1 by spamming long-range luna (forgot the name of the tome, my bad)

The game tells you the final boss’s weapon has 0 atk against units that don’t have a weapon equipped, you can just trade away your weapons before enemy phase and be safe.
You can also try only deploying units with enough HP/res to survive a hit or equip a mage slayer/shieldbearer/munio/fire emblem to greatly reduce the damage you take.

1 Like

Yeah… it certainly does. But how the hell am I supposed to trade around weaponry for 10+ units every turn? Sure Ihave the fire emblem and earth power, but I need those for my main lords because they will get oneshot. And essentially everyone who is not a dark mage / sword user will meet the same fate, which is incredibly frustrating.

Plus her having unlimited range essentially means: if you mess up swapping weapons with a single unit, it dies. And if you mess up with multiple ones, then good luck guessing who she’s gonna target.

It becomes a trial-and-error chapter which only really just tests your patience. How often are you willing to reset until you say “whatever, lets just get through this no matter the casualties”.

Sorry for the rant, if anything it comes from a place of enjoyment and passion for the hack. Its otherwise genuinely really good.

Yeah, the last few maps of this hack leave a severe sour taste in the mouth due to the completely unwarranted spike in difficulty that can straight up hardlock the player if any unit they deployed got stat screwed in the slightest.

Even now almost a year later I actually consider final1-2x of this hack to be the most player hostile maps in any rom hack that doesn’t deliberately label itself as a Kaizo-style hack.

I don’t know why people call this game hard when you have a character like Sibyl. Her ranged unbreakable Luna just solos the game with right strategy. Literally, if you use her well enough combined with Fire Emblem and other stat booster, she can solo everything all by herself except the 2nd part which requires multiple good units.

(Oh you can berserk those spirits too. One well-chosen berserk can cause plenty of spirit’s death.)

1 Like

Yeah but I didn’t train Sybil because there really wasn’t any incentive to, my other units were doing more than fine enough. And even then, beating the game is not the issue, I beat it well enough. The issue is that my other units would still get sniped every passing turn, regardless of whether Sybil is overleveled or not. You just watch your guys die and there’s nothing you can do about it except for undeploying everyone who can’t survive her attack. Or idk, a ton of inventory management every turn

Berserk sounds great, except I never got one. I assume you’d get it in 14x which I unfortunately missed.

But yeah imagine reaching the final chapter without any Doulams left and without a high-level Sybil.