[FE8] Fire Emblem: Souls of the Forest

Update 8.2 is out!

Let me know if you find any broken stuff.

Not much in the way of content, but this should be the last polishing update, now I can work on new stuff.

Changes:

-Rakel can seize
-Defensive growths in general got slightly toned down
-Some music tracks got updated
-Shamans and Druids are now Shade Knights and Eldritch Knights, and are considered as armored units
-Valysith now has an iron rune in Ch5 and 6 to prevent softlocks in 100% crit mode
-Dead player units have their items stored in the convoy
-Enemy gear is now unbreakable
-MMB got reworked to be less cluttered
-Promotion gives slightly less WEXP to footlocked classes
-Experience falls off after repeatedly fighting the same enemy or healing over and over with common healing staves, and if it stops giving exp, it stops giving WEXP as well. Kills give the usual even after depletion
-Silvers and 4th tier standard tomes (Aura, Fimbulvetr, etc) are now B rank
-Golds are A rank
-Shamshir got buffed
-The old Master Sword (Now Wyvern’s Fang) is no longer class locked
-Meister (Master) weapons exist, they’re classlocked weapons that negate countering, so they cannot counterattack nor be countered by, And are also brave
-Steal EXP is based off item value
-Portraits were updated, some changed more than others
-The critical warning of HP bars now shows if the unit currently being moved has 1% chance of being crit or higher by the warning enemy OR when enemies have critless weapons. (These usually pierce defenses or are high range, can disable them being a warning if asked)
-Fixed units cantoing when dead
-Affinity icons got reworked
-Fixed the barrier staff graphic bug
-Fixed the Ch11 chest
-Made some map changes in enemy placement, mostly for lunatic -Ch8 has the torch staff be closer to the start
-Effective weapons got a slight buff in Mt, and second tier effectives are heavier
-Aenny got +1 con

11 Likes

Updated the patch, there used to be some jank in it involving starting positions and reinforcements spawning when they shouldn’t.

the most important update to close out. Congrats on the release, dude!

2 Likes

I like it.

1 Like

Must be a good hack since Mangs covered it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_NYCu9rI4tE&t=1640s

if you base your hack quality on whether mangs has played the hack, you’re gonna miss out on a lot of good projects
but yes hack good

24 Likes

Unfortunately must hacks are not 100%. Take Hiraeth Legacies and this one for instance… They aren’t complete. Not to take away from the fact that they are fun and unique. I do appreciate different hacks.

I’m with Runa here. Whether a hack receives a splashy public LP or not, whether it’s finished or not, does not speak to the quality of the hack. Heck, unfinished hacks of in-progress quality are probably those that need to be played the most! I try to make a point to play as many of these as I can, to help them towards goals of both higher quality and completion.

That said, Souls of the Forest is a very cool project that Scraiza has put oodles of time and effort into, and I expect it will represent itself well in the public eye. Whether Mangs is a fan or not, this user thinks SotF is worth a play for all fans of romhacks.

12 Likes

(post withdrawn by author, will be automatically deleted in 24 hours unless flagged)

5 Likes

Mangs also covered Mask of Dunham.

What can be said about Mangs playing is there will probably soon be people in this thread asking how to open a UPS file in their phone emulator.

16 Likes

don’t remind me

12 Likes

Where is the secret shop location

secret shops

They wouldn’t be secret if I told you, would they :thinking:

5 Likes

:rofl: true but I’m on a roll and this information would be most appreciated. The game is alot of fun .

Generally, secret shops are found by scanning every single tile on the map until you see one labelled “secret”. Plus, they also just generally exist in weird places on a map.

I know but I wanted the short cut

Don’t know if Mangs’s word should be considered “the word of the law”, but I do agree, it’s a good hack.

1 Like

I play with my phone emulator lol so far the only roms I can’t play are FXNA cause reasons

Good luck on this hack! Looks great!

Is this project dead?