[FE8] Fire Emblem: Legends of Avenir

We’ve got the first 2 mage chapters all done already, but I’m not sure when the first mage route will be finished.

1 Like
So while I was playing this chapter Viscar got badly wounded so I tried to heal him then this happens

1 Like

Funny. Just today we got another report of this also on a mobile emulator, (right?). We’re not sure if this is an emulator issue or not since I’ve never seen it elsewhere, but I’ll see if I can recreate it later.

1 Like
His?

2 Likes

I gotten that bug as well. if x unit has the has the iron long bow in their inventory, the item menu will bug out. it also affects the supply on the character selection. no other weapon in all the routes of playing this wonderful hack did this.

you can however trade the iron longbow on the map. and not crash, that was my work around for this

3 Likes

So it was The Iron Longbow that might explain it thanks friend.

1 Like

Thought I’d drop this here, but a YouTuber by the name of Aether recently started uploading some of Avenir! It’s his first experience playing an FE fan-game of any sort, but he’s no stranger to the original series.

You can check out the first part of his Merc Route playthrough here. This was completely blind with no forward information on the hack.
He also streamed a playthrough of a military route here. This was after completing the Merc route but is more of relaxed playthrough with less focus on the story.

If you want to check out an up-and-coming FETuber, check it out! He’s been doing a great job playing through the hack!

6 Likes

after chapter 7 on my merc playthrough, the game goes back to the prologue is the what is supposed to happen?

2 Likes

Yes. Every route is only seven chapters long; at the end of each route, you get sent back to the route selection menu to pick another one.

3 Likes

I just finished the mercenary route through the mercenary -> join the bandits -> kill the mayor choices. Some maps seem a bit daunting due to many enemies but since you only have a few units, they get strong real quick. The only thing missing are purchasable vulneraries :grin:.

3 Likes

Yeah we’re floating ideas on how to handle the healing shortage. The front runner right now is some sort of “first aid” skill available to Tact that heals a small amount of HP.

3 Likes

I noticed Marauder can not rescue at all. Is this intended?

1 Like

That is not intended. I’m guessing the limitation isn’t caused by lack of aid or something?
I’ll take a look into it. It’s likely some hardcoding. Thanks for reporting!

1 Like

I actually did not notice the aid. Only 7 is quite low but i assumed it would be enough to carry the lighter characters, but double checking you are correct. I feel like a dumbass now, my apologies.

1 Like

Nah it’s all good. 7 aid seems pretty low, though thinking about it, mounted aid + high con makes that about right. Either way I think I’d like to change that.

1 Like

@Snakey1 mind if I suggest something?

I’ve been playing LOA for 2 months already and my mind came to a thought that why dont you make a Noble route wherein the custom character will be a Lord, a prince, or a princess

Just wanna share my thoughts :grimacing:

2 Likes

Thanks for the suggestion! Though we may have implemented something like that a while ago when plans were more fluid, I don’t think we intend to add any more chapters/routes than are planned. In hindsight, though, a that would have been a good candidate for a 4th route if we had wanted one to exist.

3 Likes

I’ll add to what Snek said above that we haven’t entirely discounted the idea of adding new routes to Avenir after we complete the currently planned routes. Whether this would be adding a fourth main branch or adding a route to each existing branch we haven’t really discussed, finishing what we have planned is the main priority.

The bigger issue is that none of the countries of Avenir really have nobility. Haedric bases everything solely on strength, Arcanae bases it on knowledge, Altia uses a unique set of religious beliefs to determine their ruler, and Cesaria is essentially a military state. While I have cool ideas I’d love to explore story-wise with a character of the nobility, it unfortunately just wouldn’t fit the world of Avenir.

3 Likes

Oh thats fine as long as I am enjoying this game, By the wat I’m pretty excited for the mage route hope the patch will be out soon☺️

2 Likes

good I am new and a fan of fire emblem, I have a question :grey_question: how do I download this wonderful game in the latest version. I love it and I want to play it

1 Like