[FE8] Fire Emblem: Legends of Avenir

you know… i dont think there are any supports right now after i saw that first one? xD

Thanks for the interest in our game!
The support system has actually been entirely overhauled. There are no support point growths over time. The only times units can support are when I tell them to, so support locations are predetermined. This includes supports upon spawning, in-chapter supports, and base supports. If you catch all of the supports in any given route, you should have everyone to A in the final chapter.
Bonuses also don’t follow affinities. You should be able to see exactly what support bonuses are by pressing R on the support screen.

2 Likes

Yeah it crashed the first time i did it then when i accidently clicked on it again it just went to the normal sprite/palette/map sprite mix up made me scared to do it again though.

Huh never had a crash with that one on my end, but regardless they should be fixed in the upcoming release.

map sprite being buggy is kinda normal I think?
such as a dot flashing above the map sprite, moving map sprite is totally different class’s etc

It only crashed me once i tried again just now and it worked fine. so i cant recreate the crash

After… uh…

Eight months? Jeez update time!

It’s been a while, but we’ve made TONS of progress since then. Check out our FEE3 video airing today for a sneak peek of our first mage chapters in development and a military chapter:

With this release, we are proud to release our final batch of military chapters. :tada: These chapters have been out as a “private” release to our playtesters in our Discord server. Thank you so much to our wonderful playtesters who caught many of my screw ups…
Alongside the new military chapters, I’ve finished our new prologue, fully implementing the character creator, utilizing custom menu wizardry. Choose a route, gender, class, stat boon, and stat bane with crisp menus, so no more hacky on-map talk convos. (This system is not free to use or edit, but it is absolutely free to reference for seeing working menu/drawing routines via the Github repository.
Although currently only being used in the prologue, we have big plans for our drawn world map (courtesy of llewssoR, sponsored by Bartz). It looks incredible, and we plan on using it for cutscenes in future development. I’ve developed a system to call a “world map event engine” within a running event engine (which I should be releasing soon?), so we plan on abusing using this system fairly frequently.
We’ve got lots of new custom assets including mugs (Thanks to RandomWizard, Vlak, Levin, Star, and Atey/Bartz), spellsword class cards and map sprites (Thanks to SqrtOfPi/Bartz), and music (which has undergone a lot of organization. Thanks to CN_ACCVSATOR, ThunderPhoenix256, and A_Reliable_Chair for custom pieces).
I’ve written a wholly new EXP routine from scratch (because it was easier than fixing the existing problems with the vanilla one), so don’t expect vanilla EXP gains. This formula takes into account level difference, damage dealt, damage avoided (either through defenses or dodges), whether the opponent was killed, and a boss kill bonus.

Okay enough of the text wall. Those are our main new features, but I’ll leave details to screenshots below and our Changelog.

Check out some screenshots!

Avenir-1
Avenir-0
Avenir-2
New spellsword map sprites and class cards thanks to SqrtOfPi (Sponsored by Bartz).

Avenir-3 Avenir-4 Avenir-5 Avenir-6 Avenir-7
Character creator in the prologue.

Avenir-8 Avenir-9
“World map events” callable at will (with glowy regions).

Avenir-10
Chair thought it would be funny to give memey names to his song contributions. Who could forget iconic classics like “Show 'Em What’s What!”, "Sock It to “Em!”, “Make 'Em Pay!”, “End 'Em!”, “I Don’t Think We Can Take 'Em!”, and many more? Order today! Seriously Chair the madman has filled in all of our missing battle themes and other themes like prep themes, shop themes, etc. Thanks, Chair!

Avenir-11
Christina’s mug has been updated (Credit Levin and Star).

Avenir-12
Arya has a new mug (Credit Levin).

Avenir-13
Forrest’s mug has been updated (Credit Star).

Avenir-14
Finoc has a new mug (Credit Atey, sponsored by Bartz).

Avenir-15
Izuk has a new mug (Credit Vlak).

Avenir-16
Baret has a new mug (Credit Atey, sponsored by Bartz).

Avenir-17
Xena (character in the upcoming mage routes) has a new mug (Credit Vlak).

Avenir-18
Roger has a new mug (Credit RandomWizard).

Avenir-19
Shanley has a new mug (Credit RandomWizard).

Avenir-20
Lakshmi (character in the mage routes) has a new mug (Credit RandomWizard).

Avenir-21
Gerwick has a new mug (Credit RandomWizard).

Avenir-22
Robert has a new mug (Credit RandomWizard).

Avenir-24
Pascal has a new mug (Credit RandomWizard again lol).

Avenir-25
Cougar has a new mug (Credit Atey, sponsored by Bartz).

Avenir-23
Didn’t like Tact not having a promotion choice? We heard you! Tact now has access to the two ordinary promotions as one would expect in addition to his/her unique promotion.

Thank you to everyone who has contributed to the project, be it with a community asset, a custom asset, playtesting, emotional support, or just being interested. (Please please let me know if I’ve credited someone incorrectly somehow. Our google doc credit page is a little behind, and I intend to update that fairly soon.) We’ll be working on the mage chapters next and revisiting some other mercenary routes we’re not satisfied with looking at you merc arcanae and merc cesaria and bandit meanie. We’re looking to revamp some narration in older chapters with world map cutscenes.

:tada: Happy FEE3! :tada:

21 Likes

Literally the best project out there. Super hyped to watch the vid and play the new release!

2 Likes

bro, i think you’re forgetting about endless nights… :roll_eyes:

fr though, snek and noguchi, you guys really need to chill. how are we supposed to catch up to you guys?
y’all continue to raise the bar for hacking, nice job on the release!

2 Likes

Impressive stuff dude looking forward to trying the new routes!

2 Likes

I dunno, it faces some stiff competition from The Last Promise 4, but it’s definitely up there!

I posted a video waaaaaay back in 2012 about Beginnings of Eternity, a game with a full character choosing simulator. Avenir is basically that concept, but dialed up to 111. It’s so good!

4 Likes

I helped:tm:!

5 Likes

Theres a bug… When i picked random and also happens to be in the mage storyline it will show your gender twice

And when i pressed done it goes to the mage storyline and just show black

And btw wheres the mage?

Typo

That’s because the mage chapters aren’t finished/released yet. Not having the mage option is intentional, but I accidentally forgot to disallow randomizing to a mage character. Sorry about that. I’ll have that fixed hopefully today.

Thanks for the catch on the typo!

2 Likes

this may be a case of operator error, but for whatever reason VBA seems to hang up on trying to play animations when I enter combat. is anyone else running into this issue?

1 Like

FE trouble shooting 01

I’m also getting this for class previews in the character select

1 Like

This is an issue that should have a hotfix pushed out here soon.

1 Like

I went ahead and redownloaded the patch from the update post, and repatched it. Seems like that fixed the issue

1 Like

Whens ths release?

1 Like