[FE8] Fire Emblem: Legends of Avenir

@Snakey1 mind if I suggest something?

I’ve been playing LOA for 2 months already and my mind came to a thought that why dont you make a Noble route wherein the custom character will be a Lord, a prince, or a princess

Just wanna share my thoughts :grimacing:

2 Likes

Thanks for the suggestion! Though we may have implemented something like that a while ago when plans were more fluid, I don’t think we intend to add any more chapters/routes than are planned. In hindsight, though, a that would have been a good candidate for a 4th route if we had wanted one to exist.

3 Likes

I’ll add to what Snek said above that we haven’t entirely discounted the idea of adding new routes to Avenir after we complete the currently planned routes. Whether this would be adding a fourth main branch or adding a route to each existing branch we haven’t really discussed, finishing what we have planned is the main priority.

The bigger issue is that none of the countries of Avenir really have nobility. Haedric bases everything solely on strength, Arcanae bases it on knowledge, Altia uses a unique set of religious beliefs to determine their ruler, and Cesaria is essentially a military state. While I have cool ideas I’d love to explore story-wise with a character of the nobility, it unfortunately just wouldn’t fit the world of Avenir.

3 Likes

Oh thats fine as long as I am enjoying this game, By the wat I’m pretty excited for the mage route hope the patch will be out soon☺️

2 Likes

good I am new and a fan of fire emblem, I have a question :grey_question: how do I download this wonderful game in the latest version. I love it and I want to play it

1 Like

You can download the .ups patch in the original post first. Then, you’ll need to download a clean English FE8 ROM. We can’t help you find this. Finally, follow these instructions for patching. Then you can run your .gba file through your preferred emulator.
Glad you’re excited to play!

1 Like

and where do I download the game ups, am and if the game is in the latest version I mean if I can choose the unit of magicians as it appears in the video clips of the game

1 Like

The magic routes are still in early development, unreleased. I encourage you to play the other two main routes available with the .ups download in the opening post for now!

1 Like

thanks bro i’ll be playing it

2 Likes

How many Chapter this Sir and Where can i get the Latest Links ??? Ty In Advanced

1 Like

The link to the .ups patch is in the original post.
Each route has 7 chapters. In the currently released version, the mercenary and military routes each have 24 chapters for a total of 48 chapters.

1 Like

Greetings, humans! :wave:

I’m happy to announce that I’ve released an update today. :tada: Download link as always is in the OP.
No new chapters this time, but tldr I’ve fixed many many bugs and filled in missing graphics. Check out the chagelog (also in the OP) for details.

Four years ago now, @1st_lieutenant_noguchi and I began work on Legends of Avenir. After preliminary work and some months, we announced our concept and some proof of progress. We immediately got some very friendly replies, but without a patch yet, work on our end kept continuing.

Since then, we’ve made our first release, started a Discord server, added more and more routes… And picked up many friends along the way. The real LoA was the friends we made along the way! No really my point is we’ve come a long way, and it sort of hit me like a truck a few days ago when I realized we’ve been working on this for four years.

With that in mind, I’d like to take a second to thank the community and everyone involved for long-term support.
Thank you to those who maintain and contribute to public repositories/resources! From gorgeous animations to placeholder mugs to Skill System maintainers, we couldn’t have done it without you!
Thank you to our lovely spriters! We love our mugs, palettes, and other custom graphics that give Avenir a unique charm. @Author_Pendragon has been doing an inhuman number of palettes for us lately. What a trooper.
Thank you to our musicians! @anon98251803 has put in tons of work for us lately with many phase and battle themes.
Thank you to our writers! wait that just noguchi never mind
Thank you to our diligent playtesters! Without the never-ending stream of bug reports, this project would be a mess. More of a mess than it normally is.
And thank you to everyone’s kind words and support. They are very much heard and appreciated.

Okay okay enough of that. Have some screenshots.

Avenir-4
Zaheva’s mug has been reworked. (Thanks to Atey, sponsored by Bartz)
Avenir-5
Rex has a new mug. (Thanks to Vlak)
Avenir-6
The Mayor of Yerchek has a new mug. (Thanks to RandomWizard)
Avenir-7
Leon has a new mug. (Thanks to SqrtOfPi, sponsored by Bartz)
Avenir-10
Ajax (playable in the future mage routes) has a new mug. (Thanks to Atey, sponsored by Bartz)
Avenir-8
Avenir-9
Like I said before, Pendragon has been going off on palettes for us. A lot of the time spend on this update consisted of laying the goundwork for generic Tact promotion palettes. Big thank you to Pendragon for doing all of those well and quickly!

Our next priorities are…

• Updating the Skill System and redoing skill handouts. Noguchi has been working on designing skill lists, and we think that what we will have will be a happy medium between “skill boat” and skills not having much impact.
  • Mercenary route edits. The Mercenary->Militia->Wait->Arcanae route is horrendous gameplay-wise and needs heavy redesign from my end. The Mercenary->Militia->Wait->Cesaria route is getting story edits and minor gameplay changes to match. The Mercenary->Bandit->StayBandit route is also getting heavy reworks. We do not anticipate these to take a tremendously long time, but we choose to prioritize cleaning up past oopsies over developing new content.
  • Mage routes! We are overall happy with how the military routes have turned out, so once the mercenary edits are done, we will progress to develop the mage routes.
  • Unit balancing. Balancing is hard. Really hard. I’m planning on designing an average statter tool/software to help with this and to iron out weirdness, especially with more growth-oriented units.
  • Making more use of the world map. Thanks to Llewssor, we have gorgeous world maps, a small (~screen size) map currently in use in the prologue as well as a full size world map that has not been implemented yet. Over time, we plan to use both of these more in conversations and between chapters to improve the narrative.
  • Of course tweaks and bugfixes. We love all of the bug reports that keep rolling in! They’re extremely helpful.

I hope you enjoy the release and look forward to future updates. Stay safe, and stay sane!

25 Likes

I’d like to know if this version has completed the wizard’s route?I could only choose military or mersenary. I really appreciate it and I have finished some of routes yet I don’t know what is the true ending,cuz should I blame to be killed by the Guard Spirit, or I didn’t achieve the right ending???

Please red the hack’s description. It tells all you need to know on its progress to completion at the bottom of OP’s post

And your answer is no, wizard class is not available

2 Likes

One of the most epic hacks out there

5 Likes

I Will Always Support This Hack :slight_smile: It’s Such a Good Hack

3 Likes

Hello! :wave: FEE3 recording time for us is right around the corner, and we’re excited to show off our work this year! Just like previous years, though, we need your help.

Unless you want @1st_lieutenant_noguchi and I to record in awkward silence (which is fine if you guys want that ig), we need some questions from the community to answer during our recording. If you have anything you’d like to know about us, the project itself, the latest progress of the project, our near and far plans, favorite parts of working on it, or anything else you can think of, ask away! Feel free to ask in our Discord server or make a quick post right here, and we’d be happy to answer your question during recording.

We look forward to seeing you at FEE3, and have a great day!

14 Likes

We’re live today!

Thank you to everyone who asked questions, and thank you to our lovely spriters, musicians, playtesters, and everyone else who has helped along the way :heart:

At some point I alluded to an update hopefully being ready on the airing day, but unfortunately, it’s not quite ready yet. Real life has been very demanding these past few weeks, and although the patch is close to being ready, it needs some more testing on my end. In this update, expect to see the brand new, shiny, Mercenary Cesaria route with a plot that should make sense this time, the skill overhaul with some custom skills (including the much-anticipated First Aid skill for all Tacts), new portraits from our lovely spriters, and of course various bugfixes as always.
Keep a lookout for when it’s ready (hopefully sooner rather than later), and enjoy FEE3!

16 Likes

Will be glad when the new patch will be out. Really enjoyed it when I played it sometime Last year.

1 Like

I love the promote command that everyone gets once Lv15.

1 Like