[FE8] [COMPLETE] Fire Emblem: Flames of Redemption (Version 1.5 out!)

does anyone know where the secret shop is?

So… is Marco just unable to promote? Privateer doesn’t have a promotion listed, and he can’t use any promotion items. Is there an event for his promotion, or is he just stuck unpromoted forever?

@Shiza I’ve been waiting for this moment. But I can’t play the game yet because I haven’t done Genealogy yet. once I’m done Fe4 then I’ll play this rom hack!

1 Like

i cant use the Ocean seal on my thief Meave lv 20, says its for thiefs and brigands but i can use Hero crest though :man_shrugging:

It seems that I can’t check which characters have a support with each other. Is that intentional?

Y’know, this first boss looked kinda different when he was alive…

My assassin Meave cant steal or pick locks/doors for free

Hi Shiza, just wondering if anyone has a subjective “canon” promotion. Loving the hack so far. Congrats on the final release.

1 Like

It seems like a couple of bugs were introduced in the latest version, and a pesky one that was probably there for a while. I’ve updated the OP with version 1.0.1. I apologize for the short delay.

A lot of people have mentioned Hill’s death quote, so that has been fixed.

@TheSuzakuSeven I guess Difficult would be the intended one, since that’s the one I played the most but there are some tough chapters, depending on how you play. I think people looking for a challenge should go for that one, if they just wish to check out the hack, then Normal. Easy is probably too… well, easy, for most people here.

@Raul I’ve updated the OP with a screenshot that shows the location of the secret shop, for those who need help finding it.

@KrashBoomBang Marco doesn’t promote because of story and balance reasons. His class learns some powerful skills to make up for it. I’ve updated his class description to reflect this.

@JrpgAddict Maeve now promotes with the Ocean Seal as it was intended. I also fixed the female assassin so they can steal again (this bug only seemed to affect Maeve for some reason, as Ashton always kept Steal). Assassins will now learn Lethality at lvl 2, and Locktouch at lvl 5. The promoted assassin you can get now starts with a lockpick.
maeve1
maeve2

@Nobody1 Not being able to see them on the preparation screen was intentional, but you can check support ranks on the character’s status screen.

@Permafrost Thank you! I didn’t know about that option. I tried moving the support list further down so it wouldn’t be in the way, and it works. I tried moving it like this:
reece3

However, as soon as I reinstall the “Display All Weapon Ranks” patch, the support list disappears again, no matter how much I move it. There’s another patch that hides weapons with no weapon rank, but it’s not compatible with the Skill System. My hybrid unit only uses 2 weapons, so it would be perfect for it. So no changes have been made for now.

@MageHero21 Thanks! I’m glad you’re enjoying it. I guess if I had to choose, I would go for:

Promotions (long list)

Emil: Swordmaster
Saif: Paladin
Sabrina: Great Knight
Joseph: Mage Knight
Raphael: Bishop
Jordan: Hero
Alice: Valkyrie
Sasha: Sniper
Patrick: Wyvern Knight
Elias: Great Knight
Nadja: Valkyrie
Skyla: Falcoknight
Reece: Hero
Ashton: Assassin
Lyla: Wyvern Knight
Maeve: Assassin
Ralph: Berserker
Talia: Ranger
Gael: Druid
Victoria: Paladin
Amir: General
Julianne: Summoner
Cyan: Sniper
Favian: Bishop

Might be a little biased.

5 Likes

I’m guessing you’re on an older version of Skill System because the current version automatically has up to eight weapon ranks able to be displayed as well as hides weapons with no rank. However, trying to update Skill System tends to blow up the game, so you’re probably better off going without the support display.

Proof it's possible.

Deity Device Part 3.emulator-7

2 Likes

This project was started on April of last year, so that’s probably why. I knew it was possible because I remember seeing other hacks with skills that didn’t have this issue.

Thanks for the heads-up! I guess I’ll leave it as it is.

2 Likes

Thanks for all the info and updates to this game. I look forward to continue playing now that the bugs have been addressed. Thank you! I’ll be leaving feedback once I complete a good chunk of the game(or when I’m done whichever I feel like would help the most). I’ll also write down and bugs I find to help out.
Quick question, what’s the sav file for in the downloads section?

1 Like

Patches took a while to release so I always provided a save file for returning testers in case they lost their old one and didn’t feel like replaying the whole thing. I believe the current .sav has CH6, CH13 and CH22 saves. You don’t need this file for anything; you can ignore or delete it if you want.

@Shiza i got steal on assassin Maeve but stil not locktouch when lvin up to lv 19 so i gues i wont get lethality or locktouch ?

@Shiza TY for this hack, it was fun.

• Story was pretty good but i had some trouble with so many namedrops at the middle of the game. Story kept me guessing a couple of times wich i really liked and the secret chapter got me excited!!

• Gameplay was very very easy, i played difficulty mode and i would say it felt like between easy and normal mode.U need to make it harder for sure on difficulty mode. Only endgame boss gave me a little trouble and also i like the diff kind of objectives to clear the map, sometimes even mutiple ones.

• Music and maps were fine to me.

• Fav Char : Roman!

Good luck with ur next hack!

1 Like

Yeah, sorry for that. Maeve’s issue was fixed for newer save files but if you already had Maeve promoted at a high level she can’t learn those skills.

Thank you for playing! I’m glad you enjoyed it.

1 Like

I just finished this. All in all I give it an 8/10 just some minor bugs, also some typographical errors. I wasn’t able to take screenshots bc of me getting so caught up with the game. Good work.

ಥ‿ಥ

1 Like

Just finished chapter 1, have a long way to go but loving it so far. A few of the squad already have supports available. Is it still limited to 5 support convos per unit?

Thanks for trying it out. Yes, the support system is exactly the same as in the original games.

Finished this rom hack

Spoilers

Balance: Played at normal difficulty (should have gone for hard tho), while the enemy’s stats are about vanilla levels, playable units growth rate being high makes that much easier than vanilla, except that later bosses are much more tougher and could only be beaten with the lords in my case (is it just me or some bosses seem to have ignore defense weapons and one shots most units)
and (bug) some s ranks dont flash green

Plot: the thing that you go against your previous comrades is great, but I think I lost the story later

Fleet maps:great innovative desgin, takes me back to war groove-like combat

1 Like