[FE8] Fire Emblem: Celestaris Book 0 v0.14.0 (WIP) Book II v1.0.3 (WIP), Book I v1.2.4 (Complete)

Ahem… The demo of Book 0 is now a thing, yay? As per usual, first post’s mediafire link has it, along with the other two books.
dumb fox still doesn’t know how to write but tosses words together in hopes that it’ll at least be fun.

As noted before, the age rating has gone up to 15 from 13 due to things and stuff that Book 0 does and probably will do. They grow up so fast!

Ahem… Feeeeeeeeed(back) meeee~

I am currently not sure how to change the characters’ ages and heights for the timeskips, so, as of yet they’re all just based around what they are for the main bulk of the story.

And here’s the point where I’ll say that if people don’t say anything about if any of these ideas I have are stupid… I’m going to go ahead with these stupid ideas.

EveryoneBook0
Book 0 v0.3.0.20240115

• It exists!
8 Likes

Absolutely zero feedback. …Okay, that’s about expected. So uh… I definitely don’t like being a downer, but, it kind of sucks that the best feedback I’ve got (possibly even ever) was essentially a ‘no thanks’.

As for happenings, still writing random stuff for this ‘introduction arc’ before I can get to the proper adapting part of everything which should hopefully go easier, chapter 2 is mostly written up, trying to sprite more newbies up, I uh… well I’m adding more newbies to fill missing spots, so writing and attempting for sprite them and all that; I didn’t initially have christmas cavaliers due to not especially intending this to be a proper Fire Emblem, but I’ve a feeling I’d have my socks stolen if I didn’t have 'em. Next proper demo if it happens will likely be chapter… 4? When this ‘intro arc’ ends.

Aaaand for that thing about releasing portraits, that’s probably a ways off, still doing things like tossing them into GBA-fitted frames and all that, blimey, everything takes effort and effort is hard! I’ve got like 200+ portraits there currently though, so yay progress!

Time to go and sleep so I can immediately regret saying this in the morning, neat! Sorry if it seems I’m putting anyone on the spot, I’m not trying to, but my lack of social ability probably makes it seem that way, I can’t tell. ;_;

6 Likes

Okay, I’m done. Imma play the demo and write you back before the day ends.
Edit: I wrote some things that could cause polemic and I really don’t want to risk it, so I will DM you.

1 Like

I don’t know why but I love the crit when Velvet gets scared to hell and back. Their reaction was priceless lol Also, fox girls are heavily endorsed because fluffy ears. I’m surprised that you didn’t make a pet fox for Zeke.

I’m hearing people say, “what does the fox say?”

1 Like

When terrified if you crit the thing it stops being scary because it’s probably not moving anymore, simple!
manymanyfluffy.

That would be because fox wife! Shurei and Zeke are essentially married.

3 Likes

Since I… am still an absolute dork with the attention span of a deep-fried orange I thought it’d be fun to spill more random thoughts and ideas here for random stuff while still putting Chapter 2 together and writing other things for later chapters-- I initially wanted to make the separate chapters for Books I and II as an excuse to play around with a bunch of characters, that much is probably obvious, although, I have been thinking of a strange way to circumvent that for Book 0 (And maybe even Book III if that happens and follows a more normal structure).

If I do need more characters over 50, then when a unit dies, set an unused permanent flag (Since there are a bunch of them and I doubt I’ll use every single one), remove unit, if that flag is set then another potential ‘replacement’ character can join later on-- the flag is also a notifier that the character is still ‘technically’ in your party if needed in convos. Maybe replacement characters could appear in the chapter they would join as a green unit and some kind of text or dialogue like “Huh, this person’s pretty similar to me, huh?” as a way to ‘hint’ that that unit replaces this unit.

Anyways, that’s all for this idiot’s shower thoughts for the day. Back to obsessively working on stuff. Ciao, please do have a good day!

4 Likes

So it would be similar to the Shadow dragon system. In that game, you could only get some characters if some of your units were dead or “permanently retreated”, characters such as Etzel or Athena. In your case, we would need to have a certain character gone in order to recruit another. Sure, why not.

1 Like

Not too dissimilar I suppose, though, in this case it’d just happen through the chapters if you happen to be missing that one unit instead of as a ‘panic button’ side chapter when you’re really low on units, hehehe.

1 Like

Ahem… It is time foooor… cheese. …I mean the updatening! With this the uh… ‘Intro Arc’ for Book 0 is done, yey. Hopefully hopefully hopefully things go faster from here since the general beats are already written down instead of having to fill out the backstories a bit more. Laziness makes things difficult.

As per usual the first post holds the update!

…A bit of a thing related to the new chapters, buuuut…
Soooo… just because my characters may be cute, it doesn’t mean that everything that happens will be cute, although, hopefully the prologue was a notifier of that to begin with. I like cute things, so there are going to be cute things… But I also like horror, eldritch things, monsters, all that.

EveryoneBook0

Book 0 v0.5.0.20240208

• No more Supply/Convoy from the start! You’ll get it later.
  • Character inventories effectively ‘reset’ between the ‘prologue arc’ chapters-- there IS a large timeskip between each, you’d assume that everyone would do something during that time.
  • Xihe has a new Forbearance tome in place of her Lightning tome, this gives her access to the ‘Mercy’ skill.
  • Xihe will now rise from the dead if you get her killed!.. This also only applies to the ‘prologue arc’, again, having time between to heal.
  • More chapters!
  • As it stands now, Easy reduces enemy levels by 5, Normal has no change, and Hard increases enemy levels by 5.
  • All class growths +10%, this should mean enemies should ramp up in threat as time goes on.

You will notice the ‘P’ in some portraits there… It’s as a bit of a self-reminder that those portraits are (probably) placeholders because I’m probably insane and want everyone to have proper portraits. Anyways, hopefully everyone has fun! Byebye, have a good day~

7 Likes

Time to taste your cheese! …I mean try your hack.

1 Like

Great, I’ll try it when I have the time.

1 Like

Update: the cheese was nice and charming and I’m looking forward for more cheese whenever it’s ready

For some (hopefully) more helpful feedback, the last map of the current release was a little inconvenient to navigate because of all the forests and thickets

1 Like

stop stealing me cheese, it’s miiiiine, all miiiine!!

Danke! Hopefully you had fun with what was there!
I will need to try to think on what to do for that map! Maybe the amount of things on Shiraha’s side of the map could be halved or something? Hmm… Having a forest chapter is hard, hah.

3 Likes

So because I’m a dork with nothing better to do than procrastinate another weird thing has been added…
…Do you see it? The little crown next to the name. What does it even mean? Well, dear friend, this shows that this character is, in fact, a liability lord and will give you a game over if they are so much as looked at!.. And they’re also able to seize things, I guess that part’s pretty important too.

Progress continues!.. I may do an update soon, not for any huge reasons, but because I’m very much a dork and just want everyone to have their personal skills, probably a bloody weird reason, but I never make sense. Good day to you all!

9 Likes

That’s pretty genius adding the crown as when I first played it I wasn’t sure who would give me a game over if I lost them. As a result, I might have killed off the cast to see who is the main commander. Evil’s have been committed

2 Likes

don’t go murder happy! It isn’t nice to just kill everyone, that’s called bullying! Generally for Book I and II if a character is in the ‘chapter select’, they’re probably considered a lord!

Anyways, two updates! Book II’s update is uh… just something I’ve had sitting there a while and forgot I had it updated, oops.

EveryoneBook0

Book 0 v0.6.0.20240303

• Chapter 3 has had some of its mountains and trees culled to hopefully make it a bit easier to traverse.
  • All currently playable units have personal skills.
  • A new ‘icon’ to the side of a Lord characters’ name in the character stat sheet, just a clear way to show that a particular unit is a lord, meaning they can seize, but will cause a game over upon defeat.
  • ‘Blade’ weapons now have +5 MT compared to their ‘Sword’ counterparts.
  • Iron Sword ‘nerfed’ by 1 use to keep consistency with other Iron weapons. Steel Sword/Bow gives 2 WEXP for the same reason.
  • Chapter 4 exists!

A bit of a random thing, but Eira’s new skill mostly works on…
poi
…As of yet there’s nothing obvious to point these spots out, but maybe I’ll make a little sparkly on the map or… something. I dunno!

Book II v1.0.3.20230303

• Aokoran’s Elementalist skill updated (Now if you somehow get your hands on a Siege tome, she’ll be able to use it.)
  • Rapier changed to E rank from no rank, oops.
  • Velvet can now use Knives and Fist weapons, though still no animations for either, and no things she can use to punch with.
  • Lyulf and Ceres’ MAG stat upped to what they were supposed to be.
  • Magic weapons used SKL instead of MAG from when I made Gun type use SKL and I never noticed. Derp. Fixed.
  • ‘Blade’ weapons now have +5 MT compared to their ‘Sword’ counterparts.
  • ‘Greatlance’ weapons rebalanced a bit, most of their numbers changed in some way.
  • Iron Sword ‘nerfed’ by 1 use to keep consistency with other Iron weapons. Steel Sword/Bow gives 2 WEXP for the same reason.

Edit: Quick derp of an update, Eira’s new skill kept triggering the same point of interest. Oops. Fixed.

6 Likes

Kitsu casts wall of text.

Got a wee bit bored and wanted to play with the first post a bit to add a few random things.

Random stuff!

• The majority, if not all of the portraits are mine, depending on if what are currently placeholders are made permanent. Or if anyone helps out. So there might be a unique portrait style if you like looking at character portraits!
  • Quite a large number of custom animations, a few are mine, although the majority are by the wonderful people who donated them to repo!
  • Custom Items! Everyone in Book I has a personal weapon by the end, a select few even have two. The other books also have a few personal weapons not just attached to the ‘lord’ characters.
  • Light magic has its own identity. Anima is the normal magic with no special effects, Dark is the weird magic with lots of strange effects, while Light has passive auras and buffs to help with support. (There are some exceptions, like Jormungand being a standard, mid-level Dark tome, or Resire being a Light tome that siphons HP)
  • Experimentation! Most books will play differently in some way, with different systems, while you may not like something of a particular book, you may yet find something you adore about the other ones. (I do a ‘dev playthrough’ for those who wish to skip any books in favour of just watching and not missing any potentially important story beats!)
  • Many… many characters for people to obsess over! find neat!
  • Different races if you like the spice of characters not just being Humans and sometimes Manaketes and/or Laguz!

While I’m here I may as well just ramble about random stuff. Did you know that a Koala’s fingerprints are so alike to humans that they can be mistaken for-- huh? That’s not the random stuff you wanted to hear about? Well, alright… uhhhh…

How about random Book 0 changes then? Wyvern Rider/Lord was renamed to Drake Rider/Lord because those things aren’t Wyverns mumblemumble. Although that won’t really matter until they start appearing. I wanted to add a bonus EXP thing that tosses 50 EXP to undeployed characters so they can remain relevant through the game if you needed them later on, adding it during the first chapter with a battle preparations menu and then saw basically that exact system is a thing in that Pyrathi Warlords hack, so uh… there goes any originality I had, hah.

And Book II things? Well uh… I’m thinking its length will be around 5 main chapters (With two follow-up chapters, so 7 main chapters, only 5 you choose in the chapter select), and 5 side chapters. The 5th side chapter will probably be in the same vein as the 4th side chapter of Book I, being ‘mostly’ unrelated to Book II, but will make sense later if I remember to do everything right.

There’s a pretty high possibility for Books I.5 and II.5 because i’m a kingdom hearts because I keep forgetting about important bits, and they can’t fit in Books I and II, but these will probably be shorter hacks with a more normal progression instead of chapter selects.

I might also do a remake of Book I with my more recent knowledge, story will probably be about the same, but y’know, a bit more of my meagre balancing knowledge being used, and also to convert to buildfiles, I dunno if the skill count will be downed or kept as is, since some dialogue is attached to them.

Book III will very likely also be normal progression if it goes as it really should, a culmination of all of the previous books!

Big project. Very big. But that’s alright, it’s fun to play with.

There ‘is’ possibility for sequel and prequel books as well, since… it’s a very large world with many many stories to tell, but, one step at a time. Please do have a pleasant day!

6 Likes

WELL. It’s that time again, that time where a mad cheese with a keyboard just says stuff for no real reason.

Chapter 5 is in progress, and it is the first chapter with a battle preparations menu!.. and aside from the specific ‘battle preps’ map thing in Book II currently the only one in the entirety of Celestaris as of yet, huh. Weird how things work out. Anyways! Random stuff! On The Road!
What the heck’s an ‘On The Road’, do I eat it?

Exactly as it says on the tin, while the group travels they encounter people and things happen, just because you don’t see it doesn’t mean it doesn’t happen.
Looks eerily like that base conversation thing… …Well, yeah, I rebranded it because they don’t happen at a base, they’re during the travelling between chapters.

Friends!
If you’ve played Book I, you’ll recognise someone there. The characters here are those who will (should?) appear again as playable units later on, if not already in your party… although anything between those you already have will likely be more support conversations instead.

That’s about it for this, these ‘On The Road’ things will never especially contain big story important stuff, and likely won’t have items or recruitables in them, they’re fun world building and character development things. Unless I need to use this for something big, which… I dunno, could happen, you never know, but they should be completely optional bits of stuff who like that sort of thing, I definitely do, because otherwise I wouldn’t have written hundreds of these things.

Have a good day! Hopefully the week is starting decently well for everyone!

8 Likes

Well, chapter 5’s basically done, just need to do a few random descriptions and quotes and stuff. Progress!.. But I won’t update until chapter… 7? I think it was? I forgot what I had planned so it’ll probably be the next chapter because derp. Anyways, no big post today, just a bit of a fun thing because quaint things are nice.

BEHOLD. The tiny healer-- a Trainee healer, how cute!–
what the heck is that defence?! What’d they feed this kid, Dracoshields?!

And for the sake of reference, your other healer
Ashy Ash! She appeared in the previous chapter as an ally (And Book I, but shhh)
Ash definitely does not have that defence. …well, she sorta can because of her skill, but most definitely not naturally. Eva’s not even tier 1 yet, Ash is level 13 tier 1, and she’s got 3 less.

I guess if you need a tank Eva’s… not… a terrible candidate after you level her up. I love weird character types, they’re so fun.
Still need to do the trainee auto promotions, as well as the skills for the newbies of the chapter, aaaand… other things I forget. Fun.

Have a good day!

8 Likes

Ahem… it’s that time again! …Still messing about with stuff related to Chapter 6, but I think I’ve got most of the pieces set, so the rest should be just tossing it together. How about a look at another weird as heck recruitable!

mage
portrait pending Does anyone know how to refund mages that can’t mage? I think we got the wrong one. …Although, there are custom skills, maybe his personal skill fixes–

Anterior Fighter - Previously skilled with a lance, Kresnik excels at melee combat. +3 ATK, +15 HIT, +10 AVO at 1 range. EXP and WEXP rate doubled.

…No not really, is his gimmick just that he gets stronger quickly? That doesn’t mean a thing when his MAG growth is 10%… although being able to use powerful magic quickly is pretty good due to the ‘discipline’ effect, he kinda works like an FE1 mage, huh? Except… enemies have an actual RES stat so uh… …He’s a decent meat shield, but in a few chapters he’ll not really be worth much as is, huh? I wonder what his deal is…?

…I’m not really going to do this for every recruitable, just one or two every now and then if they’re weird enough.

Edit: oh hey 100th post here neat.

6 Likes