[FE8] Fire Emblem Blazing Stones: FE8/FE7 Character Replacement Rom Hack V1.6

Could you fix Rangers not having canto, please? They dont have this ability at the moment. Thanks

This sure looks like a fun experience.

Sorry for the delayed response, but I appreciate you reporting me to this problem that I must have overlooked. To fix this, I have now updated the rom.

Louise is a male sniper, at least on Lyn route. If you find the chapter in febuilder, you can see the male sniper in the fort, just right click him and you can change it. The class was correct in the class editor, and looking at it now, it looks like it’s the correct sniper on Eliwood route.

Thanks for letting me know.

V1.3

• Fixed Louise being incorrectly assigned the male sniper class on Lyn’s route.

Are the base stats and growths for the characters the same as fe7?

Yes, they do. To make up for the promotion benefits several characters whose classes have changed, like Rath, have had their bases adjusted to the promotion. But those characters are the minority. Another playable unit is Merlinus, whose strength growth has increased from 0% to 25%.

1 Like

Hey there, just made an account just post an issue. I believe Nino on Lyn route uses the male sage sprites on the prep/map screens but uses the correct sprites in battle. Just letting you know you so you can fix it when you have the time.

1 Like

Just finished playing, thanks for making this!
Played the normal.ups, normal difficulty and didn’t use any map fights, arena, tower or savestates.

My thoughts:

Ch 1-6

Prologue: I like Mani Katti more than Rapier.

1. Disappointed Oswin has no skills
  2. N/A
  3. N/A
  4. I like being able to swap positon of force-deployed units :slight_smile: Surprised to discover Nino was Pupul. Curious why only skill seem to be Cupply and Canto.
  5. Rebeca died on enemy phase 5.
    5x Noticed supply was 200 capacity. Eliwood can actually use it too! not used to lord lacking a range 2 option though, and chest dropping a killer lance like vanilla instead of sword was a little disappointing. Despite supply access, I had to discard if getting an item when already at 5 capacity.
  6. Was expecting Nino to have 3 promo options, made into Shaman. Only can get Flux via prep-screen currently though. Marcus shows up in deploy options but can’t be selected currently. Will was unexpected. Progressed too slowly to save all greens, 1 died.
Ch 7-15
  1. Marcus still can’t be used. Interesting growths and weapon ranks. For that matter 25 con and 0 aid as well. Stat caps imply not yet promoted. Also realized luk has >30 cap. Accidentally killed mage with ring before I could steal it.
  2. Skill spied! Pretty sure tis just vanilla fe8 ported to skillsys at this point. Hector reaches 20 and promoted. Marcus is a surprise. Stole lockpick. Lyn route.
    9.Lost Nino to early enemy phase, reset. Boss claims to move but doesn’t.
  3. Promoted Dart to Pirate. Wasn’t expected 4 to the usual 3 green. Did vanilla have this many brigand spawns? Recruited all, stole talisman but forgot to steal gem. Kind of wish Ninian had 6 move.
  4. Out of curiosity checked, and Karla promoting into assassin keeps steal. Intended? Description mentions lethality instead of silencer. Suprised both green are prepomrotes instead of vanilla 1 and 1.
  5. Promoted Nino to summoner. Wallace is unexpected. Boss, NE-most Entombed, and the bonewalker just SE of boss have listed move but don’t.
  6. Melinus has option to use Master Seal enabled but it does nothing upon trying. Nino is able to summon a new phantom even if one is already on field. This replaces the old one. Geitz doesn’t move despite listed move.
  7. Went through map slowly for sake of xp distribution, about 110 turns. Lyn, Oswin and Merlinus reached 20. Ninian and Lower 19. Nino 16.
  8. Promoted Oswin to General. Noticed prep-screen shop was extended! :slight_smile: Foe with Eclipse and Guiding Ring (should be Master Seal) has listed move but doesn’t move. Harken looks solid. Ninian hit 20 and got boots. Lowen reached 20 and promoted to Paladin for extra move. Erk got Metis’s Tome, accidentally killed instead of stealing guiding ring foe.
Ch 16-End
  1. Yet again extra unit! Will replace my current thief due to better stats. Also Nils! Double Dancer is funny. Realized this hack as ‘unlimited supports’. Fiora got one shot by a 43% Bolting, losing my Fili Shield in the process. Stole lockpick and a 2-use Elixer. Erk can’t use summon if there’s already a phantom on the field, Nino still can.
  2. There’s a mage who drops Guiding Ring (should be master Seal). Glad for a flier replacement! Lost 1 River Folk, Nils reached 20 by chapter end. Wasn’t able to steal the Dragonshield.
  3. My fastest clear ever I believe vanilla or hacks alike. Only 1 egg hatched.
  4. Very big deploy list, barely enough units that are competent! First attempt, Eliwood died. New unit, and with a handy Torch staff at that! Cleared on turn 10 with all chests gotten. Was some close calls. Overworld shop was very surprising in what was for sale.
  5. Oswin did a lot of heavy lifting here and next map.
  6. Final team:

Boss killed with Nino + Luna and Athos.
    My best units, used a few stat boosters:

754 turns
2 Likes

Thank you. It will be now fixed.

Thank you for the playing it. I’m glad to see someone enjoyed it.

• That was a work around to prevent him from being able to deploy on those chapters. This was done because I couldn’t find a way to make him disappear like Forde and Kent.
  • I didn’t change the bosses movement. The bosses not moving despite saying so is a vanilla issue.
  • Yes.
  • Yes.
  • Thank you for reporting this It will be fixed. I also notice the same thing happens to Athos as well.
  • This will also be fixed, thank you again.
  • I did this as when I was play testing, Geitz would keep on charging into your units. So I just made it easier to avoid frustration.
  • These will be fixed, thanks.
1 Like

1.4 Changelog

• Fixed Nino having the male sage and mage knight spirtes.
  • Fixed a bug where Erk and Nino shared the same summon unit id.
  • Fixed Erk’s palette on some promotions.
  • In chapter 15 and 17 of Lyn’s route the shaman and mage now drop master seals instead of guiding rings.
  • Fixed a issue where Athos and Merlinus could use a master seal.
1 Like

Appreciate the update!

Hi! i love your hack! tho i found a problem with Wil, his Archer class battle sprite has the color palette of Rebecca’s (orange instead of blue) and also
Louise is using the male Sniper class instead of the female one.

Thank you I will fix this.

What version are you using? I previously fixed this so you may be using a older version.

v1.5 Changelog:

• Fixed Wil’s archer pallete.

Question, since nils replaces myrrh, does that mean that he keeps the manakete class (can transform) or he just stays as a bard?

He stays as a bard.

Ok_Dude ive encountered more bugs/issues in the game.

1. Legault’s Thief class has no color palette assigned to him. it looks weird because his thief class color is green haired thief with brown coat.

2. Legault could use Silencer skill even if he’s holding a ranged sword like the Light Brand.

3. Vaida’s text description currently says “A wyvern rider to whom dark
    magic has given strength” from that chapter in Blazing Blade where she has uber spear.
    it should be “A deserter from Grado’s
    wyvern riders. Brutal.” instead.

4. Priscilla and Raven’s C support has their portrait switched making Raven speak Priscilla’s dialog and Priscilla speaking his.

5.Nino’s Mage Knight class has a bug when doubling her enemy. when she attacks, she would skip her first attacking animation and just proceeds to the second attack resulting the game to freeze if the enemy has hp left remaining.

6.Nils should have his flute music play from Blazing Blade when refreshing units instead of the music playing when you attack an enemy.

7.theres a Master Seal bug with Hawkeye too aside from Merlinus and Athos that youve fixed in previous patch because Hawkeye could use Master Seal as well

2 Likes

Thank you very much for listing of all these issues.

This is a side effect of SkillSys replacing silencer with lethality. I don’t really see much of a issue with this.

I tried to replicate this but couldn’t. Was this a one off issue? What version of the rom hack are you using? Are you using VBA-M? If not it could be a issue with a non VBA-M emulator. Some emulators can experience different bugs from eachother.

I didn’t even know that Nils had a special theme as I always turn off dancer animations. This should be fixed now.

Thank you once again.

1 Like

V1.6 Changelog:

• Fixed Legault’s thief and rogue colour palettes.
  • Fixed Vaida’s text description.
  • Fixed Priscilla and Raven’s C support.
  • Fixed Nils’ missing bard theme.
  • Fixed a issue where Hawkeye could use a master seal.
2 Likes