[FE8] Fire Emblem : Andromeda (9 Chapters Available!) [Second Beta]

Nah, that’s a good questiom. I honestly don’t know. I’m a pantser, not a plotter. But I estimate that it should be around 20–30 chapters.

Man, this project looks very promising. how’s it going?

I’m busy pursuing my graduate studies at the moment. Sorry. But the next major release will feature ~7 more chapters and will probably come out in 2024, just in time for the next FEE3.

6 Likes

around 10 pounds give or take

3 Likes

Hope everyone’s having a fun Christmas 'cause I come bearing gifts.

Beta 2.3 (December 28, 2023)
★ MASSIVE OVERHAUL to the PROLOGUE to make it play a “hundred-percent puzzle map” instead of whatever you’d call the janky earlier iterations were.
★ CASUAL MODE is now available as an option from the start, disabling permadeath and the generic replacement system.
★ Tweaked some stats on various weapons and adjusted their sell and buy prices accordingly (inflation hit Andromeda HARD).
★ Implemented EFFECTIVE CRITICAL THRESHOLD: units now need to score a Crit value above 15 to even have a chance of landing a crit, meaning if a unit’s Crit is less than 15, it’s an automatic 0 (this should REMOVE 1% CRITS from the game and make Swordmasters with their Crit+ non-superfluous).
★ IMPROVED PROMOTION SCREEN: now you can see what weapons a promotion branch can equip, their boons and banes, and the skills they’ll learn and at what level.
★ Added a NEW CHAPTER: Chapter 7 Landfall is now playable, with 2 new playable units as well a frantic skirmish map with ballistas and siege magic plus a secret boss fight… if you dare…
★ Tweaked promotion bonuses since feedback reached a consensus that the old system was too difficult (boons are now more rewarding and banes are now less punishing).
★ Edited supports of various characters since rewrite is inevitable and part of the creative process.
★ Changed the title of Chapter 5 to something more fitting.
★ Tweaked the way the FINAL PHASE of the boss fight in the first Paralogue worked: now your units get their turns refreshed at the start of the final phase, to add a little bit of QOL. But it won’t save you…
★ Tweaked the AI of the mini-boss in the first Paralogue: now it won’t attack you, so you can’t just cheese it with Captain Inky + Dunkelheit on EP.
★ Changed the skills of some classes as well as the names of several skills to add flavour.
★ Added a few new entries to the Codex, if you care about that sort of thing.
★ Fixed various grammatical nitpicks and refactored some code in the backend, just to cut down on my increasing tech debt. I’m just too lazy to do custom ASM
★ Buffed Lexus, Scarlette, and Cyrus. Lexus now has Utility as his main role because of his personal skill Spring Thief (-5 damage to adjacent female allies, fog vision, and lockpick usage), access to the anima trinity at base, and the various aura skills he can gain upon promotion. Scarlette now has slightly better bases and her Siege now deals constant damage without variance. Cyrus’ base Mag has been slightly increased so he can chip and NosTank better.
★ NEW GAME is recommended so you don’t miss out on ITEMS and CONTENT. Loading savestates from old patches may BREAK your game, especially if you load in the middle of events. You have been warned. the camera clowning around is the least harmful thing that can happen

Latest patch is available from the download link at the top post. Click here so you don’t have to scroll up. Enjoy!

Screenshots

Uh oh…

6 Likes