(FE8, FEBuilder) Which classes in the editor can I not change?

Just for quick reference, which classes am I not allowed to change? Are all of them free game? Will the game absolutely break if I change the 00, because I’m pretty sure it will.

Avoid ID 00 [game will die, builder will stop you anyway],
Gorgon eggs [these classes have much hard coding so altering them is practically impossible],
classes of ballista map sprites [If altered ballista will be unusable],
and Light rune map sprite class [only if you wish to add light rune item in some form]

If using dragon vein patch do not alter the classes using the map sprites for same reasons

I believe all other classes are safe, you may be able to alter the light rune and dragon vein classes if you do not replace the map animations but make the class data point to different animations but I am unsure

Probably avoid Demon King, Draco Zombie, and anything Manakete related.
I’m sure they can be altered somehow, but they have a lot of hard coding so it’s just easier to steer around them.

1 Like

Wow Can’t believe I forgot those guys,
Manakete are actually not too bad to edit in builder.

Demon King is annoying to bother with if you want to make it a normal class as it has much hard coding, I would steer clear unless you want to use it for a boss by altering class stats or adding skills.

There is a patch in builder to apply manakete transformation process to any class of your choice [by default once installed it will set the vanilla manakete class ID to use the original Myrrh animation IDs], if you want to mess with them you can set multiple classes and transform animations, this can be done to add more manakete or Laguz with transformations however if you set an unused class to use it [or remove all classes from the table] you can use it to, free up battle animation space, or to replace the manakete with something else entirely

There are also patches to alter Dracozombie I think this can be used to make it a normal class, by setting special battle background to an unused class e.g gorgon egg or demon king, and using a different animation [do not overwrite the original animation use a new entry in the battle animation editor and a new pointer to avoid hard code].
However I don’t know if this causes any other glitchy behavior, and the patches conflict with the previously mentioned transformation patch so best to ignore.

This pinned message in #febuilder_help on discord lists them. I think the main ones were covered already, but here’s the message quoted:

Summary

0x65 Draco Zombie Prohibited. This area also has special specifications.
0x66 Demon King Prohibited. This area also has special specifications.
0x67-0x6C Barista Prohibited. This area also has special specifications.
0x34 Gorgon Egg Prohibited. This area also has special specifications.
0x62 Gorgon Egg Prohibited. This area also has special specifications.

0x51 If you use summoner, you should not use it.
0x52 This class has the property of acquiring a large amount of experience points.

0x53 - 0x5E It can be reused without problems.
0x5F - 0x64 I do not use it, but I think it can be used.
0x6F - 0x77 It can be reused without problems.
0x78 ??
0x79 - 0x7F It can be reused without problems.